Career Officer
# 1 Shuttles in PvP Queues
10-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Like for STFs and some other PvE queues, a restriction needs to be implemented for PvP queues to not allow players to queue with Shuttles set as their current ship.

If you want to PvP with your shuttle, start up a private match (like BranFlakes does with his special events).

Don't ruin the PvP queues by bringing along your shuttle, especially if you're someone like this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by treffell View Post
where was i? oh yeah, tactics in pvp pug matches in a shuttle

no i wasn;t, i was writing aboiut builds i think

at any rate tactics, which are from tacticus - a roman i think, "fact non verba"
is somethng he did not write i think, but at any rate "deeds not words"

which in a shuttle in pvp means drawing the enemy attention to you, escaping, having teammates blow them up or chase- turn around and make a kill

and if this is nt happening then target a carrier that n one bnothers with and hit it with like an isometric charge

or that klingon putrple ray thng i got in a box but dont use much cause i like the graphic of the sometirc charge better

graphic and color over all in pvp

and don;t die

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Career Officer
# 2
10-25-2012, 07:30 AM
hey...

wasn't this implemented months ago???
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-25-2012, 07:36 AM
For some PvE content, it was. Should be easy to make it work for Pvp; too, but that would mean doing something with the PvP maps. Which apparently no one does.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 4
10-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
For some PvE content, it was. Should be easy to make it work for Pvp; too, but that would mean doing something with the PvP maps. Which apparently no one does.
Hehe, you're starting to sound as bitter as us old timers
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-25-2012, 07:45 AM
No bitterness, just an observation that might explain this particular issue.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain
# 6
10-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
No bitterness, just an observation that might explain this particular issue.
Well, that's how it starts. You begin to realize the things Cryptic will and will not do.

Will not do - work on PvP maps, new or old. give proper testing time for changes before they are released to live. use PvP as a balancing factor when releasing new items/abilities. dedicate Developer time to PvP (outside of after-hours projects). support PvP by allowing players to gain rewards like Fleet Marks from PvP (the most teamwork and fleet oriented activity in the game). Straight up tell us to quit QQn cause they don't care.

Will do - release unbalanced items/abilitites without letting us test for more than 10 hours (seasons are the exception here, but by "Test" they mean look for graphical errors or things that will actually cause a DC or Client Crash. balance means nothing). change items/abilities that are fine --- without prompting. Ignore feedback on game-breaking items/powers/ships.

The more of those things that make it on to your personal list, the closer you will be to bitter. That's just how it works, unfortunately.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
Well, that's how it starts. You begin to realize the things Cryptic will and will not do.
In all seriousness, that was plain obvious from the start.

Thing is, i don't see myself as "a PvPer", but as an "STOer". I (space) PvP because it is a good way to see what your ship actually can, because it is the most demanding thing you can do with your ship. PvP is not in itself important for me. Hence no bitterness.
Career Officer
# 8
10-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
hey...

wasn't this implemented months ago???
It was for certain PvE queues, but not for the PvP queues.

I hope the Devs can help us out here.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Captain
# 9
10-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
I hope the Devs can help us out here.
2.5% chance that they oopsie it and only shuttles can queue.
Captain
# 10
10-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
2.5% chance that they oopsie it and only shuttles can queue.
lol... so that 1 guy is in the queues all by himself while the rest of us scratch our heads? Ya know, that's not really that hard to imagine.
Quote: