Captain
# 11
10-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
this is not a smart move. unless you plan on not playing the game anymore.
I dunno how you can say that, if you don't spend what you currently have you won't get it back until you reach tier 5 of the new system, and by that time you wont need it.

Expect 60-90 days of grind to reach T5.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 12
10-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
isn't buying dilithium what you recommended? lol

Seriously, it's hard to say what to do with current assets. We were told to spend them before the S5 patch and the removal of Emblems/Marks, and that ended up being the wrong thing to do.

Dilithium is going to remain a strong asset, however. Kinda like gold in hard economic times, it is a good fallback from what I can see.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Commander
# 13
10-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:

contributing to the base keeps me broke. i don't have stockpiles of anything so it will not make me or break me either way.

dilithium is always usable......
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Career Officer
# 14
10-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Hmm, I'll look again as wiki still shows the 'old' way of EDC conversion to requisition, but I havent found it last couple months in game.
That's correct. 40 EDC net you 1 requisition for MK XI set items. Correct me, but that's the way it worked since the revamp.
-----------------------
decker999
Lieutenant
# 15
10-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Fleet ships are 2k Zen (4 FSMs @ 500 zen each)
Trade for Dil or Weaps plus the set parts, S7 will lock out all yout STF drops and return it to you after you hit T5 on the new Reputation system. For builds look at other threads

Last edited by glxtrader1; 10-25-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: typo
Captain
# 16
10-25-2012, 09:13 AM
okay yes i mis spoke.

i am not into the currency game too much in game....i'm really into the currency game in real life though.

converting to dilithium seems like the sound bet to me. i just read "spend it all" ....and my little investor heart went nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Captain
# 17
10-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
That's correct. 40 EDC net you 1 requisition for MK XI set items. Correct me, but that's the way it worked since the revamp.
As far as I can tell mk11 requisition no longer allows you to purchase mk11 'special reserve' items since S6 rollout. May have to dump EVERYTHING for dilith, thanks Cryptic.

Another FU to us loyal players, see if I renew my sub.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 18
10-25-2012, 10:38 AM
I have so much dilith on my main it'd take weeks to refine anyway. I have all the sets with the exception of mk. 12 maco, even have a 3rd mk12 space set made into requisitions just at the off chance i could use them for a new set. The rest of the stuff i think i'll hold onto and test in the eventual tribble update to find out.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
As far as I can tell mk11 requisition no longer allows you to purchase mk11 'special reserve' items since S6 rollout. May have to dump EVERYTHING for dilith, thanks Cryptic.

Another FU to us loyal players, see if I renew my sub.
You can't use the regular mk11 requisition, you need the veteran shield/deflector/engine requisition for the set items. These are also available from Roxy under one of the other menu options for either 40 EDC or the relevant rare tech drop.
Banned
# 20
10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Why are you all so sad. We have Mechwarrior in our lives now