Lt. Commander
# 31
10-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Do you know where it's at ? That's the reason I've been doing STF's on this toon, but havent seen the edc conversion to special reserve item option since S6. I bought my set gear on my other toon with EDC's but haven't been able to do it on this toon. A Mk 11 KHG shield will do just fine, I don't need the mk12 for elites.
So I checked and it is still available for 40 EDC. Go to Commander Roxy in DS9 and select "Redeem Borg ECD's, Salvage, or Tech", then choose "Special Reserve Requisitions", then "Veteran Requisitions" and it will bring up the list of all requisitions for the mk xi set items. If you do this ans still don't see the list put in a ticket.
Captain
# 32
10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepenguin121 View Post
So I checked and it is still available for 40 EDC. Go to Commander Roxy in DS9 and select "Redeem Borg ECD's, Salvage, or Tech", then choose "Special Reserve Requisitions", then "Veteran Requisitions" and it will bring up the list of all requisitions for the mk xi set items. If you do this ans still don't see the list put in a ticket.
DOH, dunno how I missed that. Thamks for the lookup- sure will be using those EDC's now.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 33
10-26-2012, 12:42 AM
My view on this:

If you have any Tech that can give you a set you want, you'd definately be better off buying it. After the conversion, there will be a Dili cost involved.

If you have a lot of something, you'll probably be better off selling most of it. The reason for this is the conversion rate will not be a fixed ratio. They don't want players to be able to skip past the grind. I presume this will work like when marks were converted to Dili, and they used some stupid diminishing return formula and screwed over everyone who had a lot of marks.

You should wait until the final rates are available on TRIBBLE, and then check what you can expect to get for your current marks. If you also have some toons with fewer marks, you should check them as well, and try to figure out what amount of borg bits to hold on to to get a good conversion ratio.
Captain
# 34
10-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
My view on this:
*snip*
Also it was pointed out by DStahl in the big long angry thread a few days ago about this stuff that all your current Borg currencies get converted and packaged into a sort of 'holding crate' of dil, marks, and the new Borg Neural Processor currency. You can see the contents of that crate, but you can't actually open it and get your stuff back (relatively speaking), until you've reach Omega Rank 5. Supposedly this is to ensure nobody buys high rank on day one, and instead participates.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
10-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Have been working on a PvP only toon for a couple months now and I got it just about right- until this S7 monkey wrench- I'm TAC, fly a energy ONLY Raptor, got 4 Lethean bridge crew and eat normal STF's for snacks with AEGIS set and white mk 11 gear.

Since I won't be playing this Romulan mark reputation game I ask for suggestions to cash out my accumulated STF drops: 63 EDC, 15 rare salvage, 2 common shield tech, 2 common deflector tech, 1 mk10 requisition, and 1 mk 11 requisition. I won't be needing borg ship weapons as I'm planning on fleet weapons once I figure out how to roll my 5000 zen into a fleet ship and not get ***** by the lack of discount for KDF fleet ship ugrade.

So lets hear some suggestions, time is ticking.

I recommend buying some Mech Currency so that you are ready for open beta.
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Captain
# 36
10-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo1raine View Post
I recommend buying some Mech Currency so that you are ready for open beta.
Got 8 mil now but those XL engines are extremely expensive. Havent updated yet so I don't know what to DHS are gonna cost me either, 3 LLas are hard to keep under control. I just hope I can get my FPS back up so I can again use ballistic weapons.

Also got the last piece for a complete mk10 set last night, dunno if I should buy a matched set with it as the EDC's are going for a mis-matched set of pieces.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-26-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Captain
# 37
10-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Also it was pointed out by DStahl in the big long angry thread a few days ago about this stuff that all your current Borg currencies get converted and packaged into a sort of 'holding crate' of dil, marks, and the new Borg Neural Processor currency. You can see the contents of that crate, but you can't actually open it and get your stuff back (relatively speaking), until you've reach Omega Rank 5. Supposedly this is to ensure nobody buys high rank on day one, and instead participates.
Yeah, I'm not too worried about this either.

Though, I will probably exchange the tech for a full set of Omega mk XII, MACO engine mk XII, and Omega Auto Carbine MK XII before Season 7 arrives.

Just so I can say I have them, and use the rest of the extra prototype and rare tech to complete my ground sets after Season 7 hits.
Commander
# 38
10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
If you were like me and were sitting on 50+ proto tech drops you may want to think about getting the borg plasma weps in case the new Romulan sets and consoles boost pyro builds even more(they will boost them how much is the question). Thats if you feel like using sci ships though.

As its much cheaper to get them now than it will be after.
Captain
# 39
10-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Get the Omega Deflector and engine Mk XII to use with MACO/KHG shields since the 3pc borg set won't be viable anymore. Also if you use torps and don't have purple torpedo duty officers you should use up EDC to get the borg ones before they are gone.
Any other purple doff you need for pvp might go up in price too since converting blues to purple will cost much more dilithium so buy any of those you need now.
Captain
# 40
10-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
If you were like me and were sitting on 50+ proto tech drops you may want to think about getting the borg plasma weps in case the new Romulan sets and consoles boost pyro builds even more(they will boost them how much is the question). Thats if you feel like using sci ships though.

As its much cheaper to get them now than it will be after.
I took all my rare drops and bought a complete set of phaser dhc/turrets +1 ea for a somraw I may buy in the future. Also had a couple colossal payouts this weekend so I got a mk12 KHG shield, complete mk11 omega space set, Borg space set, and some borg mk12 armour and shields. Got 1 mk12 requisition left- was gonna buy a rifle (already have mk12 AP sniper, mk11 AP pulsewave, and the jemmy gun) so I'm kickin around the torp idea in case I ever respec, but those tricobalt mines look interesting. Also have 3 complete mk10 space set requisitions but dunno if I should spring for a KHG set, or cash them out.

I got plasma on my engie toon- with a mk11 reman set so if they fix plasma my engie might be usable again for PvP, but I'm not takin a chance on this toon- been burned by devs tinkering with mechanics once too many times.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-29-2012 at 10:21 AM.