Career Officer
# 1 So Many Currencies!!!
10-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I'd like to start by saying that I genuinely like a lot of what the devs have planned for season 7; even the Borg set changes, which is a necessary evil because being able to combine a 3-piece Borg set with a MACO shield has made Odyssey's flat-out impossible to kill in PvP. The Reputation system is a cool idea and I'd like to see how it works out in practice (it took me four months to complete my MACO set because the engines just would not drop in CSE). However, one thing that I'm concerned about is the amount of currencies that this game has. We currently have:

* Energy Credits

* Gold-Pressed Latinium, which is next to worthless

* Dilithium

* Fleet Marks

* Fleet Credits

And now with season 7 on the way, we can also look forward to:

* Romulan marks

* Omega marks

* Borg Neural Processors

And it can just keep growing from there as the Reputation system evolves and expands. Seriously, isn't this overkill? If I recall correctly, dilithium was introduced to streamline the currencies that the game was plagued with prior to season 5, but now we're going right back to that road. Why not some kind of universal-currency for the Reputation system?
Rihannsu
# 2
10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
where did you see neural processors?

Reputation doesn't work if it's a single counter. I agree with (Borticus?) when he said he didn't think of Rep as a currency. You can't buy things with it. It's more like CxP. you earn it to unlock things.

anyways.... it's still better than the old system. Seriously, Marks of Exploration and valor were level bound(technically you could spend them at any level but if you earned them at a low level you could only buy low level junk), this isn't.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmorgan210 View Post
And now with season 7 on the way, we can also look forward to:

* Romulan marks

* Omega marks

* Borg Neural Processors
While we gain 3 new currencies we lose EDC, Rare Salvage, Prototype Salvage, Common Tech, Rare Tech, Prototype Tech, MK X Requisition, MK XI Requisition, MK XII Requisition. So we are actually going to have less currencies when S7 starts. The 3 new currencies also take no space in our inventories which is a plus.

Lastly for the above poster, Borg Neural Processors are the new name for Elite Marks.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
10-24-2012, 04:54 PM
you know, what about expertise....was the only reason they added it in was to add it for starbases?

expertise is currently worthless in that regard....that and the fact it has expertise earned, expertise spent and available expertise in the character progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Rihannsu
# 5
10-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks Defalus! I guess they haven't changed that on Tribble yet.

Expertise actually has 2 functions.... the PRIMARY function of expertise is, and always has been, training Boff skills. The Starbase stuff is actually a secondary use for it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 6
10-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
where did you see neural processors?
Read the latest dev post.
Captain
# 7
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
you know, what about expertise....was the only reason they added it in was to add it for starbases?

expertise is currently worthless in that regard....that and the fact it has expertise earned, expertise spent and available expertise in the character progress...
Expertise is the same points that you use to train your Bridge Officer abilities--in fact, it used to be called Bridge Officer Experience.
Career Officer
# 8
10-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchibiclari View Post
Expertise is the same points that you use to train your Bridge Officer abilities--in fact, it used to be called Bridge Officer Experience.
I still call it Boff XP. Expertise is dumb.
Career Officer
# 9
10-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Nevermind.
Captain
# 10
10-24-2012, 10:28 PM
At least its all in a tab, and NOT in my cargo bay! If money took up that much space it would be terrible being rich!

Actually, wait, maybe Uncle Scrooge was up to something with that swimming pool money vault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.