Rihannsu
# 11
10-26-2012, 12:53 AM
I want the reputation system to be something other than a carbon copy of the Fleet System. I'd enjoy it if it was something like in Freelancer. Mess with that faction and get minus points with them. help them out and get plus points with them.
Career Officer
# 12
10-26-2012, 06:05 AM
I was going to say Ferengi as well just for something different. That idea of them competing against the Bolians sounds like a riot too.
Commander
# 13
10-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I want to see more Horta content. There's so much potential for just about anything there.
Captain
# 14
10-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
but we should try to bury the hatchet with them.
Or in them!

Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 15
10-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Cardassian and Defferi Definetly as i can see us getting "Savaged Jem'Hdar/Breen MkXII" sets out of them. Go more endgame options.

Ferengi and Orion i see as likliy future SB expanshions. The Ferengi would arrange for defections from the KDF. Thus allowing feds to mass obtain KDF BoFF's and DoFF's that are otherwise imopossibble to aquire, as well as Call in assets of defecting ships, e.t.c. I also figure we'll get somthing from the fereni "trading" side of things. Possibbly unique DoFF assignments and Ferengi Consles. Orion's would be similar but reversed, giving you "rehabilitated" Fed PoW's as Doff's/Boff's, and their ships as call in's. e.t.c.

Beyond the obvious Defferi/Cardassian rep it's harder to Gauge. A big part of that being there's not many others of note who aren't activlly at war with everyone, though long term we may see the Undine coming to their senses. That could be intresting, to say the least.
Captain
# 16
10-28-2012, 09:01 PM
What about the Danish?
Empire Veteran
# 17
10-29-2012, 02:17 AM
A playable Romulan, either KDf side, or Fed side

I know a Faction is out of the question, but give me a playable Rommie with both Retro uniforms and Newer outfit.

I made one via Alien Template:

But I want an official one with the following traits:

Backstab - 20% expose, while 1% chance of instant kill
Telepathy - same as normal gameplay trait
Efficient - same as normal gameplay trait
??????? - 4th Trait can be chosen by players.

Last edited by stark2k; 10-29-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
10-30-2012, 07:13 AM
My vote would be for the Cardassian Union
~Chek'U, ga'U
Asha Nor
Fashonista
Captain
# 19
10-30-2012, 10:31 AM
I would like to see a way to have my crew be predominantly of a certain race and their reputation be affected by it.

Now before the flame war or labels start, let me clarify. I bought a Gorn sci ship, captained by a Gorn. It follows that even though our KDF militarys are allied, ships from a home world of a faction should be predominantly crewed by a race with some other demographic represented. That predominant crew type should affect reputation and its interaction with others.
Chingachgook told me, Don't try to understand them; and don't try to make them understand you. For they are a breed apart and make no sense.
Captain
# 20
10-30-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't really have a preference, as all this reputation thing is is another grindfest to keep us engaged while they avoid working on real Star Trek content.

I would rather see them do more than just talk about the exploration revamp that has been "delayed until next season" for the past three seasons. I'd like to see them actually deliver it, or give some substantial evidence that it is actually being worked on.

I quit MMOs over grindfests. I play MMOs for immersive world presentation. Right now I have a hard time just bringing myself to log in, let alone play the game for any significant length of time.

I really wish they would start making this game Star Trek at the heart and soul rather than just skin-deep. The only thing stopping them is corporate decision-making. I wish some PW executive that actually makes decisions would actually watch Star Trek over the weekend, come in on a Monday, describe his experience with the show and go "Let's make STO like that!"

From my perspective, it's the one thing that they have yet to actually try, and it's the one thing that will save STO, at least for me. Other people's mileage may varry, but I doubt I am alone in this line of thought.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...