Captain
# 21
10-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Don't put the USS in with the name just put the name it self.

The first part of the name is all ready U.S.S.

So all you have to put is the 2nd part.I never had any trouble with names the only names that really are blocked are the movie and show enterprise names they are blocked.But you can put this as an alternate word EnterPrize this works.Not really sure what names are on PWE and Cryptic's list is but i know for a fact you can not use names like the Enterprise.May be if some body would post the list of names that can not be used in game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
10-26-2012, 01:19 PM
It must of been a bugged. I reset my pc and tried it. It works!

Thanks for the help anyway
Empire Veteran
# 23
10-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I just went in-game and changed 2 different characters' ship names to the 4 you listed in the OP -- all of them changed without an issue/ warnings, including if I put "USS" before them. What ship is this happening on, and is it happening on all of your characters? I can't seem to replicate the issue

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
One of the things is with KDF ships there are some ship names that are given or on the random list that are pretty much cuss words or racial slurs with the missing vowels to them. I normally on alts ships I don't make specific names I just go with random ones and got some tells once in awhile from people asking me why I have racist names on my ship. I didn't do it intentionally but if someone sees or has a problem with I'll change it just to considerate of others.

Its just a matter of how one perceives a ship name in most cases I won't post them but if you go through the Klingon random list you can see what people are having a problem with.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
10-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Let's keep it forum appropriate, Captains -BranFlakes
Seriously buddy? The name is question is not forum appropriate but its ok for players to have it on their ships in game?

And was it only forum inappropriate in the post you editted and not in the other 4 posts in this same thread where you didn't edit it?

logical consistency fail.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 25
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Seriously buddy? The name is question is not forum appropriate but its ok for players to have it on their ships in game?

And was it only forum inappropriate in the post you editted and not in the other 4 posts in this same thread where you didn't edit it?

logical consistency fail.
It's not okay to have it in-game, no. They should be reported. I can't edit player ship names (GMs get the reports), but I can edit them on the forums

Logical post is logical

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-26-2012, 02:30 PM
I dont know why people feel the need to push it with certain names..i mean really..
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
10-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Logical post is logical

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Hmm, OK...I'll buy that. You did miss it in several other posts in the same thread thou.

Logical post may be logical, proof-reading eye might not be 20/20.
Empire Veteran
# 28
10-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
It's not okay to have it in-game, no. They should be reported. I can't edit player ship names (GMs get the reports), but I can edit them on the forums

Logical post is logical

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
One time I *attempted* to report this fleet name that was completely uncalled for and I just put the name of the fleet and that it was offensive in the report and it said something to the nature of your report cannot be submitted due to offensive language or something like that...

So I figured yeah that must not be a good name for their fleet.
Career Officer
# 29
10-27-2012, 01:40 AM
Ok, we all know that the ingame-profanity-filter makes funny things... You are not allowed to use the word "weren't" followed by the word "it's", you would only see something like "weren'%&#!" in the chat. This way you've got to turn the profanity-filter off to get understandable messages, but you will also get profanity.
Worse then that: Other languages (like german) are not recognized by your profanity-filter, if it would recognize profanity in other languages as well, the chat would get more like texts with blank spaces...

If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
Empire Veteran
# 30
10-27-2012, 04:17 AM
Profanity is Star Trek canon. There are countless of episodes where profanity is used so we should be able to use it in game.