Career Officer
I just heard talk by one of the Dev team on the TTS chat regarding certain creativity issues with the Alien creator.

Needless to say, while some individuals have been more creative than expected, I find that this "feature" is something that should've been available to the playerbase since STO's launch.

I understand that the majority of Star Trek aliens were humanoids, but we all know too well that there were non-humanoid life forms as well. Incentoids, Aquatics, Reptilians, heck there was one Captain (not seen) that had a visible brain (DS9). Why not make these things available to us?

My Federation Tactical Captain was originally intended to be reptilian in nature (between Saurian and Gorn). But things such as beaks, snouts, tails, spikes, and claws were not available with the alien generator. Now, we got cats running around with tails and Gorn with claws, why can't we be allowed to make a reptilian character without doing things we shouldn't?

This creativity could also be a boon for the Foundry in making more alien life.

So what say Cryptic Art Team?
Captain
# 2
10-31-2012, 09:27 PM
I say YES!!!

We could use more monsters.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Yes, please.

Since they're obviously not going to be making or releasing any "Alien Parts Packs" on the C-Store/Z-Store any time soon, couldn't they at least do this to allow players to make more unique characters and species? I agree that it would also be especially useful in the Foundry.

Last edited by theoryfive; 11-01-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Captain
# 4
11-01-2012, 04:21 AM
The level of customization in the cryptic games had always been a big draw for me, even when other issues from the company would normally turn me away. I personally think that both STO and CO could use a little love in the customization as it really hasn't been updated much since launch in either games. Adding in new options as well as allowing various additional races would be a nice way to add some good to the bad. As a side note, in CO , some of the irradiates have see through heads and such, so it's completely doable here.
Commander
# 5
11-01-2012, 06:03 AM
In CO you can give your char an insect head why is this not put in STO. I saw in CO characters in holo armor (same graphic as Sci Kits) and using Engi Cover Shield, if they can use STO elements why STO can't use they's?
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Captain
# 6
11-01-2012, 08:28 PM
The alien creator is a great tool and one of my fav parts of the game but I agree it's limitation are frustrating. There are many canon species you cannot duplicate even the Hirogen or jem'haddar. I would love more hair options, hairy faces, side facing eyes and more parts to create canon races.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR