Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 7 Dev Blog #6
10-19-2012, 03:00 PM
The Federation News Service report contained in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series reveals information about the tensions that are mounting in Romulan space.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Not going to lie...this blog post upsets me. More and more its looking like romulans are going to be a playable race in both of the current factions and not their own. Its very sad that Cryptic is going this route.
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Captain
# 3
10-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
Not going to lie...this blog post upsets me. More and more its looking like romulans are going to be a playable race in both of the current factions and not their own. Its very sad that Cryptic is going this route.
what did you expect tbh as they still have yet to finish the KDF
Captain
# 4
10-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah dan stahl has lost the plot. Its more grind and just nothing what anyone is wanting from a sto rpg multiplayer game.
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
"There are too few Romulans left for us to fight one another,? said D'Tan, a leader of the Reunification movement that has been working for decades to reunite the Romulan and Vulcan species. ?What we need to do is reject the culture of secrecy and deception that has defined us for far too long. We need to reach out to our enemies and call them friends. Most importantly, we need to find a new world. Our homeworld is gone. We cannot cling to the memories any longer. We need to find a planet where we can live in peace.?
Would you like to know more about D'Tan. He was just a boy in Unification Part 2. My how he grew up.

Maybe someone who does some editing for Memory-Alpha could include this little news into his page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Yeah dan stahl has lost the plot. Its more grind and just nothing what I am wanting from a sto rpg multiplayer game.
Fixed that for ya.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...

Last edited by darkstarkirian; 10-19-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-19-2012, 03:32 PM
If Romulans do get added as a mini-faction then blame the majority of the STO playerbase for spamming Cryptic about it for 2 years without thinking it would be a terrible idea and a waste of time.

I would have preferred STO to just be Federation play as it is clear that is the only faction that gets real content and the game would overall be stronger.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Sweet, looking forward to more.
post a comment on this webzone if you want a pizza roll
Captain
# 8
10-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I agree. If there are no plans to make Romulans a full faction or half-faction in their own right (like the Klingons, starting at a certain level for less unique content and more generic all-faction content) then we need to know.
Lieutenant
# 9
10-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
If Romulans do get added as a mini-faction then blame the majority of the STO playerbase for spamming Cryptic about it for 2 years without thinking it would be a terrible idea and a waste of time.
The people on the forums make up a very small minority of the playerbase.
Captain
# 10
10-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Interesting read. One one hand, I'm excited to see how this plays out. One the other, I'm somewhat upset (by which I mean very upset) because it looks like we won't get a proper Romulan faction after all.
Please fix the Foundry lag!