Cryptic Studios Team
Post any comments, concerns, bugs, and feedback here!

Remember, you have to be Level 50 to participate in this system!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-19-2012, 01:35 PM
The unlocking of the adapted Honor Guard set at higher reputation levels has made the Breen set useless from a torpedo prospective. 25% to all torpedo damage from the adapted Honor Guard set or 20% to Transphasic torpedo only from Breen.

EDIT:
Does the Plasma bonus from the reman set work with the new Omega Plasma torpedo? I assume that Omega Plasma torp is from the reputation system.

Last edited by pottsey5g; 10-19-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
10-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Breen Set can easily be earned solo.

KHG (and its Adapted MACO counterpart) takes a full team concerted effort, as you have to have achieved at least two pieces of a set which requires Elite STF runs to earn.

The Breen and Jemhadar sets were not intended to be considered "end-game" sets. They are intended to be more of a step between typical Mk X-XI gear, and STF equipment.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info and it gives me something to work towards. Always liked torpedo boats.
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

KHG (and its Adapted MACO counterpart) takes a full team concerted effort, as you have to have achieved at least two pieces of a set which requires Elite STF runs to earn.

The Breen and Jemhadar sets were not intended to be considered "end-game" sets. They are intended to be more of a step between typical Mk X-XI gear, and STF equipment.
how about aegis, at the very least it should be on par with the borg set. the engine is good, +5 defence is nice and its a hyper, i think the deflecter had good mods in it, but the shields is basically just a blue quality cap2 cov, and thats just terrible. its set bonuses are very nice, but the shield is just bad. how about cap2, reg2? or cap2, +10% resistance like maco has? this shield would still be quite inferior to stf sets even with ether buff.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 6
10-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how about aegis, at the very least it should be on par with the borg set. the engine is good, +5 defence is nice and its a hyper, i think the deflecter had good mods in it, but the shields is basically just a blue quality cap2 cov, and thats just terrible. its set bonuses are very nice, but the shield is just bad. how about cap2, reg2? or cap2, +10% resistance like maco has? this shield would still be quite inferior to stf sets even with ether buff.
I agree I think the Aegis deserves a pass. As it stands if the STFs sets are the only endgame sets, then we have no generic endgame set, only sets tailored against the Borg that also happen to be excellent against other factions.

And sorry I feel like we are pulling this thread off track as this should be in the other thread about the three sets, but as far as moving forward for season 7 I think the status of the Aegis set among the others deserves to be cleared up.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 10-19-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
10-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
I agree I think the Aegis deserves a pass. As it stands if the STFs sets are the only endgame sets, then we have no generic endgame set, only sets tailored against the Borg.
It also doesn't help that it takes a few weeks of Di grinding to craft the Aegis set, after grinding to max crafting. That, or spending about 4 million EC on the Exchange.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 8
10-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Doesn't the set bonus practically give it +10% resistance? I do however agree the capacity should be buffed a little.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Captain
# 9
10-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

Well in my bug ship at end game its all i play, id like to use the jem set but its pretty weak versus my current combo of omega def and eng and maco shield. I would hope that a endgame jem set for the bug ship ppl can be made i.e a mk x11 set version.
Lieutenant
# 10
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Couldn't you just add a doff upgrade scheme or do something to infuse with omega to allow more sets to become end game gear that is more generic in nature rather than be borg focused? You are currently expanding on other factions such as the Tholians and I'm sure soon the Iconians, try to think forward moving?

Not to mention the fact, you would expand the options for those in PvP who might not always have to face the same sets over and over... lets get some spice in there?

Edit:

If you are worried that these expanded sets might somehow outclass the main borg sets, use the Omega marks you are creating to infuse into these sets as that seems to be the new direction for end game material. Make it something just as hard to earn.

P.S. Can you please fix the Jem Set to actually do the bonus "Victory is Life" like it's supposed to...

Last edited by captiancopps; 10-19-2012 at 02:11 PM.