Career Officer
# 141
11-03-2012, 02:22 AM
I have a few concerns:

Those 4 minute missions that just start, a pop up would be nice saying "Hey guess what? You're on a timed mission here is what needs to be done to complete it. Good Luck!"

Needing to be in a fleet to visit the Embassy? I'm not in a fleet so I guess there goes some of my interest. I won't join a fleet just to go see it, I would eventually get fed up and find something else to do with my time and money.

Otherwise its nice and I like having a bigger world to explore and it reminds me of WoW, will there be bigger planets to explore? Land mounts?

I like where you are going aside from the whole focus on fleets fleets fleets, there should be more for the solo player to do. It feels like oh hey get in a fleet even if its not what you want or just stop playing.
Captain
# 142
11-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
I have been running around with my Reman...
And I have seen other Remans, Breen and Jem'hadar also.
Personal big/gltch?
My Jem 1st showed up without a problem.
Captain
# 143
11-03-2012, 02:49 AM
This was my weekend's first hour of Tribble. I am using my level 50 Ferasan (Engineer), because I am quite fond of him.

For this hour, I played through most of the ground missions, and so far I am somewhat satisfied. At first, I was wondering why myself and my Tactical Gorn officer were dying so fast, then I realized, I was still on Elite difficulty. Elite is great if you have played through, and therefore have prior knowledge of what is there. Since I am a first timer to this location, I lowered the difficulty, and I then had no problem with any of the missions.

What I did have difficulty with was remembering what missions came from which person, so I would frequently return to the wrong person to turn them in. Very much like the Defera Borg missions. I suggest some better organization in the menu, such as the menu saying "Report to 'insert name here'."

Also a question: Any chance of being able to explore the Reman neighbourhoods?

Tomorrow's testing: the STF system. Update soon to follow.
Ensign
# 144
11-03-2012, 03:21 AM
tried some of the map last night, nice graphics, music and overall layout. love the game with new maps and missions. keep up the great work.
Ensign
# 145
11-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Well I tested the New Romulus Ground Missions too for about a hour and a half.

My first thought was: "Nice, finally STO feels like some kind of MMO". Really good work there Cryptic.

The missions and the map need some additional tweaks though. For example the "Dynamic Missions" that will appear: They need some kind of PopUp or something, so you recognise them immediately.

Overall, I had a very good 1st impression of New Romulus. I'm looking forward to complete the different ground missions later this day.
Ensign
# 146 Borg & Tholians?
11-03-2012, 04:18 AM
When the Borg alert came up & I responded I was placed in an environment with a defeated Borg cube & A LOT of Tholian vessels. After I died & respawned I came back in a much better position with a lot of other players, we defeated the Tholians & gained rewards appropriate to the Tholian mission but should that have appeared rather than the Borg alert, & what was the dead cube doing there?

Like the inclusion of Acamarians but what my role was is not clear, are you using Tribble to determine their initial alliances & demeanor?

I like the fact that the patrol requires you go to several systems rather than just the old style patrol but there should be a list of these in the mission notes or illumination of them as I visited a lot of these & there was nothing to do, maybe i was just unlucky.
T'Pan
Ensign
# 147
11-03-2012, 04:19 AM
New Romulus: when i walk near the runway landing strip of the romulan ship, i received 5 system messager to the point respawn unlocked.
Ensign
# 148
11-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Icon Radition Reports is white, The reports icon in the inventory is all white field (no icon pics)
Rihannsu
# 149
11-03-2012, 04:51 AM
I dont think the rewards for the red alerts on romulus are working right.

we did the one at the staging area, and there was quite a few of us. we got to 80% or so and i scanned quite a few and i got 1 romulan mark.

i went to another area. killed about 3 hirogen and we where about 18% and got 4 marks.

now i know in the first area there was a lot of us, but i was certainly pulling my weight, so i dont think the rewards are being calculated correctly as i got far more for less work and less overall percentage.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Ensign
# 150
11-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Hi I've been trying the missions on New Romulus and have found only 1 bug so far.

I started a new mission in the Epohh Fields - Isha Forest Epohh Collection. I tagged Epohhs for a minute and a half then went to talk to Toreth to resolve the mission but couldn't. Every time I talk to her she keeps giving me the same rewards without resolving the mission. The mission is still active in my mission tracker box.