Career Officer
# 151
11-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Seems like there is alot to do on the planet of New Romulus. I t was kind of fun.

The Patrol missions in the new sector are a breath if fresh air too. (Still haven't gotten the Trade one figured out)

Haven't messed much with new REP System yet. But will let you know.
Rihannsu
# 152
11-03-2012, 07:21 AM
I would like to see a few more single goal missions dotted around the map.

at the moment the main ones are go do x amount of stuff which is fine, but a couple of the more traditional ones might be nice.

so as an example. you find a romulan wife who has lost her husband. you have to go find him and he is captured by hirogen.

or you encounter a group of orions who want you to smuggle some contraband to another npc across the map, that might take some diplomacy/lying. or you could alert the local guards to what is going on.

or there is rumours of a powerful and deadly tholian somewhere and the local authority want you to hunt it down.

That's just a rough idea but I think there is plenty of room to add lots of little mission throughout the zone to give it some more spice, and a little less like the grind ones.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 153 Consoles on New Romulus
11-03-2012, 08:15 AM
There a quite a few consoles on the planet that can only be used by one person at a time.

Is this on purpose, or just a little bug? Either way, it's annoying

Example consoles:

- transporter console near main transporter pad next to the embassy and those spread around the outside area.
(already had problems with one person (player char. Karadan) blocking the transporterpad on purpose, so 14 peepz (me included) couldn't use it).
- consumables console on shuttlebay in the embassy

Oh, and the turbolift in the embassy shows the same problem as the turbolift on the Fleetbase when it was just released.. You can get stuck in the wall, of fall out after going from lobby to ops.

---------------------

Compliments on the new area and worlds. New Romulus looks awesome. Can't wait for all this to go live!
Buoyancy
That fine line between ship or submarine

Last edited by lgxl; 11-03-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Ensign
# 154
11-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post

at the moment the main ones are go do x amount of stuff which is fine, but a couple of the more traditional ones might be nice.

so as an example. you find a romulan wife who has lost her husband. you have to go find him and he is captured by hirogen.

or you encounter a group of orions who want you to smuggle some contraband to another npc across the map, that might take some diplomacy/lying. or you could alert the local guards to what is going on.

or there is rumours of a powerful and deadly tholian somewhere and the local authority want you to hunt it down.

That's just a rough idea but I think there is plenty of room to add lots of little mission throughout the zone to give it some more spice, and a little less like the grind ones.
Agree with you Captainrevo.
The funny thing is once I started exploring the world, I was reminded of Oblivion/Skyrim.

I would love it if there were caves (Need to be instanced) with high lvl enemies/puzzle solving, giving higher rewards, or "special" missions that move randomly throughout the map, forcing you to explore.

If the Romulans/Remans are in the process of making this planet their own, have areas marked as dangerous and make a 5, 10 or 20 man event of it.

The possibilities of an open world are many.... Hope there is a lot of content added to this planet!!

And as many have said, congratulations on job well done!! The planet is excellent and I enjoyed roaming (standing on bridges admiring the view) as well as the missions on offer.
Looking forward to this come S7

Last edited by dkeva; 11-03-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Lieutenant
# 155
11-03-2012, 11:32 AM
i just pLayed in the new romulan space.

I did the patrol which i thought was really fun and a good change of pace. fighting all the different factions, but i think the starbase is a bit overpowered, but I'm also playing on elite. It makes killing a regular cube seem like childs play in comparison.

I tried a few enemy encounters, but there was no enemy to fight. Are you suppose to for a red alert or something?

New romulus looks good, but why is there ruins if it suppose to be a new settlement?
One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 12000+ Accolades [Fed Tac VA] Viper [Fed Tac VA] Athena [Fed Eng VA] T'ozz [KDF Tac LG]
Forum Member Since Feb 2010
Career Officer
# 156
11-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post

I agree but would add that they made a lot of stuff here rep-tied or hidden unlocks based on activity.

But the beauty of having a true zone like this is that they can add stuff... and I'd like to see more "heart strings-tugging" stuff.

I'm ALL FOR the main focus shifting to rollouts like S7, content-wise, though. Save the FEs for major plot twists or imbed them into Adventure Zones.

I'm really less than happy with some of the systems design and rollout here but the content and environments are a pretty glorious shift.

I want to get my hands on that legendary Romulan sword.

Given that Trek has ancient technology that resembles magic, particularly with the Vulcans and the Stone of Gol and time bending stuff like the Tox Uthat, the idea of a mystic Romulan sword that holds up to today's weaponry works for me.
Career Officer
# 157
11-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
The positions are spheres not cones, so if you're too high or too low you can't place them. 'V' should point you to the sphere. Though I haven't re-played it since the patch, so it could be a bug.
I didn't have any trouble deploying and activating the satellites, so that may have been fixed.

The last part with a few freighters making a run for it because they don't trust the Federation, I didn't think shooting them up and disabling their freighters is a great way to show you mean business. I was hoping for a more diplomatic solution. Possibly even give the freighters captains a chance to back down before I start lobbing quantum torpedoes in their general direction.
Captain
# 158
11-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Is it just me or is there no Ship Selector at New Romulus? Just curious if there is one or not.

Was also wondering of the prospect of "Should there be a Romulan/Reman Starbase under construction over New Romulus?"
Rihannsu
# 159
11-04-2012, 03:36 AM
The other thing I was thinking is about having an overall progress bar added to the map.

This is a little bit like what we have now on the smaller missions but it applies to everyone.

so every time anyone completes a mission it adds a percentage to the overall progress bar. then the colony increases in rank.

so for example, rank 1 would take on average 50 people all doing 5 missions each (or 25 people doing 10). rank 2 would take on average 50 people doing 20 mission each, etc etc.

at each rank up the colony expands a little visually and new missions, vendors, doff assignments are unlocked.

this would give the impression that as we collectively help the colony it grows and gets bigger and better. perhaps as we rank up there is the potential for certain species to attempt map wide invasions as the growing colony becomes a more tempting target. (It would be awesome if we had to fend off a borg invasion at rank 4).

Rihannsu
# 160
11-04-2012, 04:00 AM
Or to simplify that above idea, just limit it to doffing.

make half a dozen doffs missions on new romulus. have people play them and part of the reward goes to the overall percentage completed. so if a hundred people complete 5 doff mission you rank up, then have 100 complete 10 etc.

at each rank, new doff missions and doff chains open up with new rewards and items.

this will again attract doffers and people who want unique rewards and it will feel like everyone is contributing to an overall goal.