Lt. Commander
# 161
11-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Guess I'm the odd man out here, but to me most of New Romulus looked mono-chromatic. It was all the same shade of green everywhere (except for the purple waterways). The map is impressively huge, don't get me wrong, but it has a samey feel to it. Maybe I'm asking for a bit more distinction between the zones.

I second the thought that there's too much STUFF that you need inventory/device space for. Wasn't as big an issue for my tribble char, but I KNOW my holodeck chars are not going to be able to participate as freely just because of limited space. I feel like I need a backpack, or a portable hole to dump stuff into.

While there's a lot of variety in missions and objectives, a lot of it feels unfocused. When I've got a dozen or so missions going at the same time, it's hard to know what I'm looking for. I ignored the time based missions just because I knew I'd have no chance to figure out what I was after before the time ran out.

I'll admit I'm a fan of the dilihtium mining game, and I do quite well at it (800 to 1000 each time), but the romulan radiation game irked me a lot. The perspective change was a nice touch, but it makes it harder to figure out which direction I need to shift my waveform in. I've gotten a peak score of 800, but more often I'm getting 300 to 500 score. Maybe I'll get used to it, we'll see.

Any plans for a visitable space port? I know most ships in STO aren't capable of landing, but it'd be cool to see a field of starships resting on their landing legs, maybe even a few takeoff/landing sequences.
Career Officer
# 162
11-04-2012, 08:36 AM
The Hirogen respawn rate in the crater needs to be increased, or more hirogen placed on the map. I've done the red alert severa times and it seems like we can only get to about 50-60 % with no other hirogen to shoot and the timer cutting out.
Lieutenant
# 163
11-04-2012, 08:58 AM
love the new sector, but having some serious lag in the Caraya system
Vice Admiral Ross
and others too numerous to name...
Career Officer
# 164
11-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Some of the patrol missions do not feel right to me. I'm used to destroying one squadron, taking time to heal, and then moving on to the next one. No such luck this time. The squadrons on other missions are placed into a small area on the map. I had to fight the 5 squadrons one after the other with no breaks. That is a good way to get killed. If you could tweak those missions to be more like the ones already established, that would be great. Now, on to NEW ROMULUS. Wow. Really wow. I love the fact you can do non-combat missions and still earn reputation. Cryptic, you outdid yourselves on this map. Wonderful job devs!!!
So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
Career Officer
# 165
11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Only 2 mmajor complaints:

1. the collect epohh mission is simply bad. The time frame is barely adequette if you had a perfect run, given variable density, other players, and the way they blen in this isn't a mission your ever going to complete more than 1 time in 10. Try doubling the timer minimum and it might be vuagely doable 50% of the time.

2. The radiation mnigame is full of the same flawws as the mining one, only worse.

A) Currentlly it has much smaller UI buttons than the mining game, this drasticlly slows down your abiluiity to adjust things, can we get larger buttons.

B)The mining game virtually nevver movved more than 2-3 notches in 1 arc if it moved more than 2-3 in the other, this reguarly moves 5-6 in both, again slows thinsg down massivlly.

C) Like the mining game it's movment tiemr appears to start when it moves, not when you get it lind up. This, (especially in conjunction with the last 2 points), often means you just get it lined up and it switchs again making it hellish to get anything out of it.

D) the rewards from it in terms of reports vs what you need to turn in are bassiclly not worth it even if you have good runns.

Fact is i hated the mining game. I hate this far more because it's even less fun. It's a game built around twitch reflexes speed and super precishion, two of my biggest hates.

Otherwise liking new romulous.
How about using the arrow keys on your keyboard? you will be infinitely faster than using the ui keys. I don't know why they put those on there in the first place. Except maybe for the overall look of the screen, they are pretty much useless.
So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
Ensign
I have been playing the New Romulus missions and I have found them to be fun, challenging, and refreshing. The new system to build reputation and recieve new equipment I like mainly because I got tired and bored with grinding away at Borg PvE missions with nothing to show for it. The only thing that might make it better would be a storyline series of missions for New Romulus.
Career Officer
# 167
11-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temerarious View Post
I have been playing the New Romulus missions and I have found them to be fun, challenging, and refreshing. The new system to build reputation and recieve new equipment I like mainly because I got tired and bored with grinding away at Borg PvE missions with nothing to show for it. The only thing that might make it better would be a storyline series of missions for New Romulus.
The storyline does appear to expand as you get reputation and do hand-ins and as your Fleet Embassy improves.

There are, from my understanding, story missions that are gated off by your reputation progress.

And unless I miss my guess, that intro cinematic for the planet hints at things you'll find later, including a legendary ancient Romulan sword from the sundering. (We can has Ashbringer!)
Ensign
# 168 I liked this a lot
11-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Master job here, Lots of flexability and many ways to play and earn points. Masterful.

Maybe a similar operation can be worked out for Omega points ... which realy has only one way to play. (No real thinking required.)

I always thought Star Trek was at it best when it displayed more than one way to skin the cat.
Rihannsu
# 169
11-04-2012, 02:38 PM
there really needs to be some dilithium rewards added. either a very small amount per mission, or add a daily for doing several. but there has to has to be something. for a supposed time based currency you can spend an awful lot of time playing and not earn it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 170
11-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Even if it was only 5 per mini mission or 500 overall, I still would like to see at least SOME dilithium rewards for New Romulus.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.