Lt. Commander
# 31
10-27-2012, 08:22 AM
I could not find the guy that gives out the insect spray. Where is he?

The Historian awards 75 Fleet Mark, instead of 75 Romulan Marks.

1 Minute of radiation scan is too long. 30sec would be perfect to avoid burn-out and annoyance.

The concrete grounds where tents are standing on, in the staging area are too high to walk on, so you often have to jump to get on them.

Last edited by allocater; 10-27-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Rihannsu
# 32
10-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post

There's actually several, the one in the staging area is standing next to a white rounded structure that might be a small greenhouse.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 33
10-27-2012, 10:27 AM
I like the new mission progress design. Players can pick and choice how they want to complete them. They can do all gathering, all combat, all alt method or any mix they want.

Rank about contact markers deleted.

Edit 2: OK I now finally see the mission circles which I missed before and last night. However. I had to zoom in quite a bit to see them. And they blended into the light color of the path graphics on the maps. A suggestion on the mission circle graphics. Take a trick from mouse cursor designers. Thicken up the broken like circle buy using 3 concentric broken line circle with contrasting dark and light colors so that will stand out no mapper the background color.

Last edited by lordfuzun; 10-27-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 34
10-27-2012, 10:33 AM
What is with the outrageously long loading screens?
I can hear other people beaming in and the environmental sound, but it takes a very long time for the Loading to finish.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Rihannsu
# 35
10-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Oh my... If I could exchange my CXP for Romulan Marks just like I can with Fleet Marks I would be sooooo happy. Please let it be a bug like you say it is... (considering the fact the mission won't start even though I do have over 110,000 colonial cxp).

I already have more Fleet Marks then I need and such method of exchanging cxp would really help me save a lot of grind time.

Speaking of the Historian, I've got some New Romulus Data in my inventory that I'm supposed to take to this guy but there's no dialogue option or anything to use them.

Oh, I managed to do the Warehouse mission and I don't know how or why, but the Romulan Shuttle was flying around the hangar like crazy with 0 HP and wouldn't be killed. Still, I managed to complete the mission objectives despite that.
Career Officer
# 36
10-27-2012, 11:09 AM
I really really like new map

Just curious. There are instances where you will be able to go, when you reach higher reputation system . We see how big map we got now. Compating In percentage how big are area we dont have access atm towards we now know ?
Captain
# 37
10-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxina View Post
I really really like new map

Just curious. There are instances where you will be able to go, when you reach higher reputation system . We see how big map we got now. Compating In percentage how big are area we dont have access atm towards we now know ?
Probably just doors that access a new map. So certain areas on the map aren't blocked off, we just move to another map.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 38
10-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
I found one building that I didn't have access to due to low reputation tier, but an NPC at least told me about that. Areas I refered to are actually stratigh paths with invisible walls and no notification whatsoever, which looks just silly. Some popup "you're forbidden from accessing this area (yet)" would be nice.
Where were you finding paths that dead ended into invisible collision? The only one I can think of is the Mountain Pass, which you will unlock through the rep system. I'll talk to someone and see if we can get a pop up there if you can't do it. If you saw other places, please let me know where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
When I was looking at it, the Mama Nanov was drawn as if underwater, even though she sticks out of the water.
I'm not sure what you mean by the Mama Nanov drawing "as if underwater"? Can you post a picture?

Quote:
And this: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...an-d5j77dl.png As you can see from the minimap, I'm moving AWAY from the map edge!
"And this" . . . what? Is there a problem there? I'm not sure what the screenshot is showing me, but you are within the map bounds as far as I can see? What am I missing?

Quote:
Why does New Romulus have purple Water? Does it contain a form of purple algae?
Uh. . . the river is full of Purple Nanovs. . . just sayin.

Quote:

The concrete grounds where tents are standing on, in the staging area are too high to walk on, so you often have to jump to get on them.
The Bug spray is in a crate next to the people that tell you about it.

Is there a specific location that was bothersome for the concrete pads? They do stick up in places, but they should all have accessible angles, denoted by dirt painted on the ground nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
The most ANNOYING, and BIGGEST complain I have about the zone is the LACK OF or TOTALLY WRONG communications (all methods) of where the zone contacts are. I spent an exorbitant amount of time in the Isha Forest trying to local Nael. Except he's NOT in the Isha Forest like the mission text says he is. And in the beginning players don't have access to site-to-site transporter. This really needs to be addressed before this goes live. You need to to be mission waypoints and mission circles that show where the contacts are for the first time.
The position and naming of regions got addressed on Friday and should be released in another build soon. We agreed that it was confusing, things got shuffled around a bit while we were building, and the "Forest" ended up getting split into two sections, separated by the Ruins between them.

When you get the update, contacts will have moved, there will be more (and moved) transporters, and the regions will have been renamed. Now (in the update you don't have yet) the whole area containing the initial area across the new bridge, the ruins area, and the area around the crater on the far side of the old bridge, are all "Isha Forest." The forest is then subdivided into 3 sections, Epohh Fields is the region directly across the new bridge (With the Epohh tagging quest), the Ruins stay pretty much where they are, and the area across the old bridge, with the crater, is now "Paehhos Crater" (sp?). Quest/map text should be updated by then to reflect that, and the hope is that the changes will drastically improve the identification and understanding of those regions.

I don't think the transporter quest will have changed, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Probably just doors that access a new map. So certain areas on the map aren't blocked off, we just move to another map.

This is correct, the unlocks are doors to other maps, not an expansion of the map you're already on.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 39
10-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Did you have over 110k as i think its like the starbase one. if its the case then it should not show up until you have the right amount, or give some indication you dont have enough.
Of course, I been Maxed in CXP in Every Category since February.

And to note, there were others from the Accolade channel unable to do it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
One thing I have not gotten my head around yet is the red alerts on new romulus.[

it pops up that there is a read alert. and when you click it it takes you to the list of arears but which one is having the red alert. perhaps that needs to indicate which area is having the problem.
Believe they all are having Red Alerts at the same time, just it's a community goal of players in that area to participate and reach 100% before the time is up.

Quote:
tholians seemed a bit weak. those commanders that walk around on their own should be quite a bit tougher
Yes, they were disappointing. I'd say they were the same on Nukara, but on Nukara, you had fast respawns and more than one Tholian to deal with. The only challenge was the Commander's Drone, which Webs you and then uses a Thalaron Attack.

If I had a choice to improve these EVA Tholians, I'd say add lasers (blood red) on the sides of the suits. Ensigns get 1 Laser, LTs get 2 lasers, and Commanders get either Quad Lasers or Heavy Dual Lasers.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.

Last edited by azurianstar; 10-27-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 40
10-27-2012, 01:46 PM
So far I have a bit of feedback.

1. SWARM! I've tried this a few times. When it was just me I was like "ok need more people." but when I see myself and and 6-7 others running around doing it and we only get to maybe 70-75% I think there might be a small issue to address. I might suggest lowering the bug swarm kill count necessary for 100%

2. There's an issue where if you beam down with a team only one (and this is if your team is two people) person gets an away team member. If you then disband one person is left with no away team member to help with some of the more combat heavy daily missions.

3. Upon returning the Medical, Engineering, and Science reports no notification of rewards is given.

4. There is a spawn point for a swarm of bugs and a suspicious citizen that overlaps, resulting in the swarm damaging the citizen. This is in the medical camp btw.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!