Rihannsu
# 41
10-27-2012, 01:54 PM
There's 4 areas that are inaccessible to most right now. Each zone except the river has one.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 42
10-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
3. Upon returning the Medical, Engineering, and Science reports no notification of rewards is given.
I believe that these reports, water samples, and others are for the dailies. Collect a bunch, then return them for faster completion.
Career Officer
# 43
10-27-2012, 02:02 PM
All in all, I really like the new map... the new dailies (system patrols).

Great Job!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Rihannsu
# 44
10-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
So far I have a bit of feedback.

1. SWARM! I've tried this a few times. When it was just me I was like "ok need more people." but when I see myself and and 6-7 others running around doing it and we only get to maybe 70-75% I think there might be a small issue to address. I might suggest lowering the bug swarm kill count necessary for 100%

2. There's an issue where if you beam down with a team only one (and this is if your team is two people) person gets an away team member. If you then disband one person is left with no away team member to help with some of the more combat heavy daily missions.

3. Upon returning the Medical, Engineering, and Science reports no notification of rewards is given.

4. There is a spawn point for a swarm of bugs and a suspicious citizen that overlaps, resulting in the swarm damaging the citizen. This is in the medical camp btw.
1: The river critters are easiest. It's almost easy enough to solo it.
1b: The crates in Vastam..... bring friends, you'll need them. The place is crawling with Tal'Shiar and Dewans, oh and the crates are usually close to enemy spawns.
1c: The hardest though? Maybe the Hirogen in Isha forest. I massacred them like there was no tomorrow and the meter barely got up to 40%. I'm not sure how many people were helping but there was a few.
1d: that or the Tholians in the ruins. Fighting the Tholian captain alone is a challenge even for people who are awesome in ground combat. And like Isha and the staging area the meter is really hard to fill.

3: this advances the completion percentage of the daily mission for the staging area. It actually bumps it up quite a bit. IIRC I got 18% out of it.

Azurian.... If you think the Tholians are too weak..... Find the Tholian captain during the redalert cycle.... And pray.... you'll need it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 45
10-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I believe that these reports, water samples, and others are for the dailies. Collect a bunch, then return them for faster completion.
Also these items don't linger after the mission is over. They "use" themselves the same way Academy particle fragments do. The trigger doesn't seem to be timed, it seems to be simply not having the daily in your "in progress" list.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Career Officer
# 46
10-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Very beautiful ground zone. Liked that even some of the 'press f' objectives required you to look around and be mindful for different things. Really liked the wildlife (though I would like to see those anteater-things, don't know if I missed them in the forest or if they're part of a reputation mission). Epohh's are so cute, I'm sure they'll be a pet reward for something someday

Especially enjoyed the amount of story you could get from the npc's. And the dynamic objectives should be fun when there are enough people on to achieve them. Didn't see any way to use the historical data with the historian, though, just her colonial-xp-to-fleet-marks conversion. I like being able to spray the swarms and scan radiation leaks, it makes the objectives more fun because you're 'finding' them and solving them before other people. And I definitely appreciate being able to do whatever objectives you want.
Lieutenant
# 47
10-27-2012, 04:09 PM
The New romulus map is great still have a lot of things to discover there , and i hope you will make new exploration zone for the fed and the klingons to, but i experienced an fps drop when i beam down to new Romulus, barely playable.
Career Officer
# 48
10-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Took a pretty extensive tour around New Romulus with my Fleet today.

I somehow liked it and somehow did not like it at all.

I loved that the grass was reacting to player movement (OMG PHYSX GRASS YOU GUYS!!!)

what i did not like were the quests themself.

all this collect 5 of that scan 5 of that ...now only turned into a % thing...
i don't know New Romulus feels to me more like a Tutorial Zone (something you would expect to do in the first hours of an MMO) instead of a Endgame thing.

It is certainly fun to have a big map like that with lots of different quests to do... (way better than Nukara!!!)
but it didn't feel very SciFi or very Endgame-ish to me.

The real question for me is, will it still be interesting after visiting it 5 times (Nukara was not for me, Defera was so so)

What i don't get at all is what the BOff that we get as backup is good for?
Most of the quests are walking/running/scanning/non combat, and the few combat ones are so easy it isn't worth bringing a BOff imho. (but maybe there is something i haven't unlocked yet where i really need one?)
Starfleet Veteran
# 49
10-27-2012, 05:06 PM
First impression: very interesting.

It feels a bit like stepping out of STO into a another game.

The map is huge, so huge in fact, I actually wanted some sort of mount or vehicle to get around. You really took a page out of the TOR book here. Guess it will be easier once all the transporters are in place.

Some RP potential as well.
Ensign
# 50
10-27-2012, 05:07 PM
I dont know why but my BO dont beam down with me, i tried my breen, reman, holographic BO but i just ended up beaming down alone