Career Officer
# 61
10-28-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I guess you didn't encounter the Tholian captain.....
heh... yes i did, but i had like 15 other players around me and he fell before i could even aim at him
Republic Veteran
# 62
10-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Um...... the mission name "A Lending Hand" seems weird to me. Is it supposed to be "Lending A Hand"? I was just wondering why it's worded the way it is, because it seems like bad grammar to me.
Rihannsu
# 63
10-28-2012, 04:29 AM
I did really like the couple of custscenes at the start area. It would be great if more of the contacts had voice over and cutscenes to go with them. makes it feel more alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk142 View Post
Um...... the mission name "A Lending Hand" seems weird to me. Is it supposed to be "Lending A Hand"? I was just wondering why it's worded the way it is, because it seems like bad grammar to me.
Sounds fine to me, ive heard it said both ways.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 64
10-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom01 View Post
yadayada ridge: I was casually exploring the lending a helping hand mission when I stumbled upon a slight annoyance. The area is clustered with tal shiar? romulans, which come in pairs or triplets (when guarding a civilian). So far so fine. Easy enough to dispatch on my well equiped chars. Turn around, scan a mineral sample, and look whos back.

Seriously, the respawn on those guys is WAY to fast. I clocked it a dozen times and they were back well within a minute. I didn't explore that thorough to find out if there is some radiation to meter within that area but it should be obvious that mobs that respawn in less than a minute does not compute with a minute long minigame.

Not to mention that more 'casual' players might not be able to dispatch the nice romulan engineers as easy as I was.
Yeah, that's a major annoyance. But it works the same way as the Tholian invasion zone on Nukara. I had to regularly create bunkers just to ward off the respawns. you can't clear the map, period.

Yeah the radiation stuff pops up everywhere, but.... Vastam is a bad place to try scanning it.

@Zerobang: Try soloing him if you want a challenge. I only had to respawn 3 times. :p

BTW, did anyone else notice that some of the tholians now use mines?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 65
10-28-2012, 11:30 AM
I completed all the New Romulus content that is visible so far. Wow, what a let down. The planet is pretty, but the content is garbage. The daily area helping quests are boring and all of them are the same, collect, collect, collect... how many hours are we supposed to spend collecting flashing stuff before we never come back? Other than these quests there is little else to do right now.

The zone red alerts are different, but largely unrewarding and a giant waste of time. The zone is fairly populated and none come close to completion.

The locked content hidden behind the reputation system I guess isn't for testing.

Pretty scenes are nice but they are not content. Running around for hours collecting stuff for tiny rewards under nearly no threat from anything is not content. The best part of the whole map is the staging area, after that it becomes a copy/paste job in a very obviously empty world.
To me all the artifacts and mystery which should be there from an older civilization and world event are just far too in your face to be tasteful. I also don't understand why they are exvacating artifacts when the colony is just starting up.

I guess to sum is up.. pretty but utterly shallow and void of content.

Bugs. radiation samples have no icons, the mother blob thing in the river isn't solid.. and has radiation under it. Not too buggy, just poorly designed.
Empire Veteran
# 66
10-28-2012, 12:26 PM
So...
The Reman "Catacomb City" will be opened up later on?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Hidden Accolades i found so far:

"To Boldly Jump"

"A Hwael of a Good Time"

"New Romulus Historian"

"Brave New Waterfalls" refreshing

"Bridge Troll" lol

"Staging Area Quartermaster"

Last edited by ransom2375; 10-28-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 68
10-28-2012, 04:05 PM
All these missions are fun!

But I noticed a few timers in the mix?

They went away fast enough, but the best way to ruin missions is put them on a timer!
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
10-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
All these missions are fun!

But I noticed a few timers in the mix?

They went away fast enough, but the best way to ruin missions is put them on a timer!
The missions on a timer are the localized Red Alerts. And, I think they are fine, just the way they are. I think once these hit Holodeck, people may complain that the timers are too long.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Captain
# 70
10-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Where were you finding paths that dead ended into invisible collision? The only one I can think of is the Mountain Pass, which you will unlock through the rep system. I'll talk to someone and see if we can get a pop up there if you can't do it. If you saw other places, please let me know where.
I don't remember exactly where, but I remember at least two caves with big black solid entrances that way too big to be graphical glitches. They highly resembled the cave entrance on Nukura.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivenneanthony View Post
Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.
-vivenneanthony 2014