Rihannsu
# 71
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I don't remember exactly where, but I remember at least two caves with big black solid entrances that way too big to be graphical glitches. They highly resembled the cave entrance on Nukura.
I think those are areas that you unlock by leveling rep. I know that the unlocked area in Vastam is like that(although it's a gulley not a cave), and I saw a similar area in the forest in the bottom of a big hole in the ground.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 72
10-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom2375 View Post
Hidden Accolades i found so far:

"To Boldly Jump"

"A Hwael of a Good Time"

"New Romulus Historian"

"Brave New Waterfalls" refreshing

"Bridge Troll" lol

"Staging Area Quartermaster"
There are more !
Former Ship Artist now Environment Artist @ Cryptic

\\// Live Long and Prosper
Survivor of Romulus
# 73
10-29-2012, 03:30 AM
I didn't have much time yesterday so I couldn't "explore" everything there yet.

When I heard about New Romulus I was expecting something like the Deferi Homeworld. When I beamed down I was: "Wow". It looks really awesome and so large. I guess I need to spend some hours to explore it in detail

I like that I can take one of my BOFFs with me.
Republic Veteran
# 74 New Romulas
10-29-2012, 05:08 AM
Graphics
The large size
New content
A Boff can come
The embassy

Bugs

the lack of teleporters for travel expect when there's a red alert.

Don't likes

That the embassy and bridges are only structures while the population seems to live in tents.

There should a city or other structures equal to the embassy to explore, seems not natural wilderness vs colonization buildings.

The encounters seem way to easy.

Don't mind the running just to bad there's no random encounters between regions.

It would be micevto get more plants a wild life where.

Ther should be and alien bizarre somewhere for traders and such.
Career Officer
# 75
10-29-2012, 07:00 AM
The Isha Forest daily has a bit of a logic error. Turning in 1 plant sample grants 2% progress, while turning in 5 grants 4% progress.

What do I do with all these New Romulus Research? I talked to the Historian, but she just wants my Colonization CXP (and the assignment won't start)

I predict a nanov non-combat pet will be available at some point.

IMO, an area this casual shouldn't be limited to lvl 50s. I recommend setting up level scaling like the Defera Invasion.

Last edited by doctordementile; 10-29-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 76
10-29-2012, 09:17 AM
The zone is AMAZING! Having a little trubble finding my way, witch is actually kind of nice. Hope to see more, no, A LOT more zones like this one in the future.
Career Officer
# 77
10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
I do like the way New Romulus feels in general. It feels more like a traditional MMO world with quests, NPC groups, and exploring. Now if Cryptic can take what they have learned here and expand it in the future and make Defra and Nukara like this it would be great. Also, I would love to see them eventually use this template for space.

The only real issues I have with New Romulus are the following:
  • Too many different NPC Enemy Groups, why are the Tholians there, why are the Hirogen there? It would make more sense to make all the different groups Tal Shiar or even just creatures.
  • I would like to see a little more "Traditional" progress on the planet. Beam in talk to NPC 1 in beam in area, instead of having a mission right off the bat that is do a mix of three things, start it off as three little missions to do each of those things, completing those then allows you to do the repeatable as it exists now and sends you to the next area. Meaning you must progress through the map and the NPCs direct you where to go when you first arrive (i.e. a short guided tour through the different areas).
  • I would also like to see a bit more repeatable side quests in areas give out by different NPCs. Take the officer of the watch mission ideas and add in one of those in each area to start off with.
  • Don't know if they exist but these adventure zones should have some little raidsodes attached to them.

I did find two bugs,
  • Sometimes the "radiation scanning" minigame automatically closes immediately.
  • The pathing for baby Nanovs is bad and they will get stuck by objects, really bad when on a time crunch for the red alert.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 10-29-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 78
10-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Looked nice so far, but i got to admit we logged out to go play something else, the Dilithium prices we saw on the new Rep was just well simply put Digusting.

Still it all looked fun, just somthing always sours it with STO.
Rihannsu
# 79
10-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
I do like the way New Romulus feels in general. It feels more like a traditional MMO world with quests, NPC groups, and exploring. Now if Cryptic can take what they have learned here and expand it in the future and make Defra and Nukara like this it would be great. Also, I would love to see them eventually use this template for space.

The only real issues I have with New Romulus are the following:
  • Too many different NPC Enemy Groups, why are the Tholians there, why are the Hirogen there? It would make more sense to make all the different groups Tal Shiar or even just creatures.
  • I would like to see a little more "Traditional" progress on the planet. Beam in talk to NPC 1 in beam in area, instead of having a mission right off the bat that is do a mix of three things, start it off as three little missions to do each of those things, completing those then allows you to do the repeatable as it exists now and sends you to the next area. Meaning you must progress through the map and the NPCs direct you where to go when you first arrive (i.e. a short guided tour through the different areas).
  • I would also like to see a bit more repeatable side quests in areas give out by different NPCs. Take the officer of the watch mission ideas and add in one of those in each area to start off with.
  • Don't know if they exist but these adventure zones should have some little raidsodes attached to them.

I did find two bugs,
  • Sometimes the "radiation scanning" minigame automatically closes immediately.
  • The pathing for baby Nanovs is bad and they will get stuck by objects, really bad when on a time crunch for the red alert.
I think Nanovs only follow for a few seconds. I noticed that they would stop following even in clear areas.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 80 Embassy
10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Besides it?s the only and a biggest building first time on the map I walked all the way up to the door.
No pop up and so I walked away from the embassy, perhaps it should have some kind of official sign.
Later, I beamed to the ship then saw an option for the Embassy.
When in the OP room elevator, I did not see any option for the lobby.
Went down to the shuttle bay then went back to the lobby.