Starfleet Veteran
# 81
10-29-2012, 04:39 PM
So far I am utterly impressed with New Romulus, lots of new stuff to do... somewhat repetitive but it's till interesting and I have a feeling it's leading up to the different Reputation tier missions in each area which I have yet to try. (which I'll be trying the Tier 1 tonight)

So far the only nitpick I have is that the people who inform you you can't enter the different instances, actually call it an instance. This is immersion breaking at it's worst... they should say something like. "sorry you can't enter this building, or part of the forest or whatever until you've helped out more." or something like that. Hopefully this is something you're aware of and plan on fixing... thanks!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
Empire Veteran
# 82
10-29-2012, 06:32 PM
It's really a great place the map is really excellent, and I like the design of the missions. I enjoyed the fact that we can choose to fight, scan, collect stuff, or do a bit of everything. This is a step in the right direction.

In each zone there's something rewarding 4 or 5% mission completion. I think they're going to be farmed, especlally when they are just "scan" mission. In this case it's really easy (eg: the ruins area). There's also something strange, when you kill a mob during a red alert, it adds 2% to your progression score. Isn't it getting a double reward for one mob?

The red alert concept is fine and interesting, it adds something unpredictible, although unusual in this game since it doesn't take you to a specific area when you click on it. The RA button is just a wall of text and that's not what I expected, but it works once you figure it out.

The Tholian and Hirogen mobs are weak - really weaker than the Romulan ones, especially the higher level ones. The tholian commanders or alpha hirogens are easy kills, and tholians do far less damage than they do on Nukara. What happened to them?

I saw something inconsistent on the map. Half of the nanov is inside the ground here (location visible on the minimap). Radiation reports also have no icon.

I also noticed that the mission Admiral Valoth gives (where you have to complete several missions on the map) will give confusing locations. I remember I had to find a "Nael" in Isha forest, he was in Epohh fields...

I thought I would unlock more missions after completing the available ones. It didn't happen. It's my only regret, I know some areas will unlock with reputation tiers but I'd expect something more to do on such a big map. I have the feeling that there's more to do on Nukara, even if the map is smaller. Why no "hard" instance you don't need to unlock by the way?

Last edited by diogene0; 10-29-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Captain
# 83
10-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Only 2 mmajor complaints:

1. the collect epohh mission is simply bad. The time frame is barely adequette if you had a perfect run, given variable density, other players, and the way they blen in this isn't a mission your ever going to complete more than 1 time in 10. Try doubling the timer minimum and it might be vuagely doable 50% of the time.

2. The radiation mnigame is full of the same flawws as the mining one, only worse.

A) Currentlly it has much smaller UI buttons than the mining game, this drasticlly slows down your abiluiity to adjust things, can we get larger buttons.

B)The mining game virtually nevver movved more than 2-3 notches in 1 arc if it moved more than 2-3 in the other, this reguarly moves 5-6 in both, again slows thinsg down massivlly.

C) Like the mining game it's movment tiemr appears to start when it moves, not when you get it lind up. This, (especially in conjunction with the last 2 points), often means you just get it lined up and it switchs again making it hellish to get anything out of it.

D) the rewards from it in terms of reports vs what you need to turn in are bassiclly not worth it even if you have good runns.

Fact is i hated the mining game. I hate this far more because it's even less fun. It's a game built around twitch reflexes speed and super precishion, two of my biggest hates.

Otherwise liking new romulous.
Starfleet Veteran
# 84
10-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Only 2 mmajor complaints:

1. the collect epohh mission is simply bad. The time frame is barely adequette if you had a perfect run, given variable density, other players, and the way they blen in this isn't a mission your ever going to complete more than 1 time in 10. Try doubling the timer minimum and it might be vuagely doable 50% of the time.

2. The radiation mnigame is full of the same flawws as the mining one, only worse.

A) Currentlly it has much smaller UI buttons than the mining game, this drasticlly slows down your abiluiity to adjust things, can we get larger buttons.

~snip~
1. Instead of looking for individual epohh's... scan the bushes and the trees. You'll get a whole lot more in a much shorter period of time.

2. You do realize you can use your arrow keys on your keyboard, right?
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Rihannsu
# 85
10-29-2012, 08:01 PM
My best score so far on the radiation scan is 555.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 86
10-29-2012, 08:02 PM
so far, my best radiation scan score is 790
The Armada
Captain
# 87
10-29-2012, 08:23 PM
1. Eh what?

2. AHHHHHH didn;t know that, helpful but still not perfect.
Starfleet Veteran
# 88
10-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
1. Eh what?
When you are doing the collect the epohh mission, instead of going to an individual epohh, and 'collecting it', go to the bushes and the trees where you'll see the glowie. Scan them, and you'll get several epohh's at once. I've gotten up to 8 from a bush. 4 in a tree. etc.

with the time limit of, what.. 2 minutes?... it's easier than chasing down an individual epohh.
The Armada
Captain
# 89
10-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Ahh, i thought they where related to another quest i had .
Rihannsu
# 90
10-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
1. Eh what?

2. AHHHHHH didn;t know that, helpful but still not perfect.
2: all of the minigames are like that. Particle scan is really easy when you use the arrows.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.