A few things huh .
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Rihannsu
# 2
10-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Uh.... as far as I can tell, it's not that hard. Seriously.... I'd do it on my 9 chars. Maybe even my Foundry char too.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
10-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Uh.... as far as I can tell, it's not that hard. Seriously.... I'd do it on my 9 chars. Maybe even my Foundry char too.
What he said.
The part about it not being that hard.
Captain
# 4
10-25-2012, 10:54 PM
I think the main aim of this change is to prevent excesive farming across all chars. The problem is, people who can play half the day will always do it. Players who only have hour or so will not.
Captain
# 5
10-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
-----------

So you have spare 300,000 dilithum on each of your characters ?
I think that's the final Dil cost if you buy the gear

I am trying to support our starbase as well
Not buying anything costing Dil for my characters
Even though we have elite ground and advanced ship
Weapons
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 6
10-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Quote:
What the poster above me said though i'm sure where he get's 300K from, i heard the entire rep system would be 80K per. the man issue is the 36K per set peice. If they start expanding our ability to bring boff's on ground content and give us the promised ability to bring in extra ships as a personal fleet the outfiting costs are going to become astronomical. 4 boffs, 4 ships, plus ourselvs is a full 1,000K, yes 1 mil dilithium. They also stated Dilithium store prics for weaponry, thats probably around 20-30K per weapon. So your looking at another 0.6-0.9M for everyones weapons. Even if we ignore ground and assume a smaller number of ships, it's going to be hard to keep it below 1Mil.
Community Moderator
# 7
10-26-2012, 04:48 AM
I don't think it's that you should only have one, I think it's intended that you only have one 'major' character. I've started this recently, focusing on my Bolian Tactical Officer. She gets the shinies, the others....get what they get. It seems to play much better this way. Shame, but it does.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Rihannsu
# 8
10-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
-----------

So you have spare 300,000 dilithum on each of your characters ?
I think that's the final Dil cost if you buy the gear

I am trying to support our starbase as well
Not buying anything costing Dil for my characters
Even though we have elite ground and advanced ship
Weapons
Like Tobar said, if you want it to go faster focus on one at a time....

Also.... you are allowed to earn more dil while you grind Rep stuff. given the amount of time the rep projects take, you can earn that much even if you don't start saving until the first day of season 7.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 9
10-26-2012, 06:27 AM
You've got 52 days if you go full out. Bearing in mind rep costs if you get 8K a day you'll barely make it. It's virtually impossibble to make 8K a day every day though if you know, actaly have a life and dothings other than sit in front of the computer grinding dil all day.
Commander
# 10
10-26-2012, 07:07 AM
interesting. i just posted on my fleet's forum concerning my decision to just play one character.

i do play STO a lot, but i work and have a life, so for me it is just too much grinding to try to support 3 characters.

i am going back to my main character (tac) and plan on taking my sweet time to get what i can while playing and have fun getting there. i will contribute to the base and work through this new reputation thing.

i don't have to have the best ship and equipment right now and i certainly don't plan on buying my way to the top; no fun in that.

i plan on playing my klingon and sci officer once a week maybe, just in case. but my tac officer will "have" and the other 2 will be the "have nots".
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/