Cryptic Studios Team
# 21
10-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Forgive me, I have been so wrapped up in the New Romulus ground map I haven't even been to any of our new space maps. Are you saying that there is no planet in the Jouret system? I'm fairly sure LCmdr Miller hooked all those planets up.
I did make all the system map planets, however there were last minute changes and someone else was assigned this task =)

I will look into this. Thanks!!
Former Ship Artist now Environment Artist @ Cryptic

\\// Live Long and Prosper
Rihannsu
# 22
10-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Yeah, that map is empty of all backgrounds, so no planets, no stars, just black as far as I could tell.
Captain
# 23
10-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkyman View Post
is there a dil cost with stf gear now or is that BS???
A better question might be, what didn't have a dilithium tax appended to it? (and yes stf gear now costs $$)
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
10-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Yeah, that map is empty of all backgrounds, so no planets, no stars, just black as far as I could tell.
It's "The Magnetic Void" from Battlestar Galactica.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
A better question might be, what didn't have a dilithium tax appended to it? (and yes stf gear now costs $$)
thats poor that is like when u think we can only refine 8k per day (8.5k with 800day vet)and after u build your rep WITH dilithium is it worth it???
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Forgive me, I have been so wrapped up in the New Romulus ground map I haven't even been to any of our new space maps. Are you saying that there is no planet in the Jouret system? I'm fairly sure LCmdr Miller hooked all those planets up.
Clearly Portal 63 took a fancy to that system and ran off with all the planets, as it's empty besides the orbital installations.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Cryptic Studios Team
# 27
10-27-2012, 12:56 PM
I blame the Planet Jackers.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 28
10-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
I blame the Planet Jackers.
I agree. On that subject:
Helmsman: "Setting a course for Earth at one-quarter impulse."
Captain: "But... "we're in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block..."
Helmsman: "Course plotted to avoid transwarp gate."
Captain: "But this trip will take CENTURIES!"
Helmsman. "Yep! I'm gonna sing the doom song now! Doom do-doom-doom dooooom..."

*7,000 years later, arriving at Earth, only the Helmsman remains alive, and his doom song echoes through the halls of the ship.*
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)

Last edited by icegavel; 10-27-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Captain
# 29
10-27-2012, 05:43 PM
I have to agree from what I've seen overall. I have in fact been trying NOT to try everything out so I still have something to do when S7 hits Holodeck proper.

I am still concerned with the dil sinks, and very concerned with the implications of the changes to DOffing (and the impact it will have on starbases, embassies and reputation); however, in terms of basic content I am liking what I see.
Career Officer
# 30
10-27-2012, 06:53 PM
While the planet does look very nice (although more of a Neverwinter cut and paste) I'm not really a fan of what I'm seeing so far.

The reputation system, while a welcome change from the random drops, is just another grind on top of a game that has descended into one long grind. It's basically just another mini starbase at the end of the day.

It is nice to have a large map to play with but there is so little to do there beyond run pointless mini-games often set against timers. To be honest I can't really ever see myself wanting to go there. Defera as a setting is ten times better in my opinion and beats the heck out of spraying insect swarms or leading baby squids to their mother for little in return. It lacks substance and innovation to me and just feels big for the sake of being big and devoid of any real meat content.

It feels stagnant to be honest and while it's not a game breaker for me other than the few added stf missions and the omega rep system I really can't see myself going out of my way to play any of it.

I do understand that it is just a stepping stone to future development but it's not really adding that much to the game right now as a sector.

I'd much rather have seen some decent episode content and more stfs added to the game rather than another dilithium sink.