Starfleet Veteran
# 31
10-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdrmiller View Post
I did make all the system map planets, however there were last minute changes and someone else was assigned this task =)

I will look into this. Thanks!!
I think the New Romulus Map was a very nice success. People are hoping other Social maps could get similar treatments.

BTW, hope you take a look at my critique of the Planets in the Tau Dewa thread. I have some canonical concerns with their locations. Especially with the Archer System, with it using the location from the Star Charts, but in Enterprise (which came after the map was created) said the system was 31 Light Years from Earth, which puts it in the Regulus Sector.

Last edited by azurianstar; 10-27-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 32
10-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Especially with the Archer System, with it using the location from the Star Charts, but in Enterprise (which came after the map was created) said the system was 31 Light Years from Earth, which puts it on the opposite side of the Sector.
Wouldn't that actually put the Archer system in the Regulus sector block? I know from the show that Vulcan was 16 light years away from Earth, and that distance was heavily condensed in STO due to how small they made each sector.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
10-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Wouldn't that actually put the Archer system in the Regulus sector block? I know from the show that Vulcan was 16 light years away from Earth, and that distance was heavily condensed in STO due to how small they made each sector.
Yes, you are correct. It should be in Regulus Sector.

I'm not sure they will fix that major canonical error. Hopefully if they ever pull off this one-map deal, that they errors like Starbase 24 being in the middle of Federation Territory than along the Klingon Border, or worlds that supposed to be in the Neutral Zone, being far from it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
10-28-2012, 05:05 AM
I can't wait for the Foundry authors to get their hands on the New Romulus zone.

There are so many gems of stories hidden there.

Add a bit more NPCs and lots of mission doors and you are making the author the best christmas present ever.