Empire Veteran
# 61
10-28-2012, 11:58 PM
ive been slumming in the negvar recently, it has no trouble using DHCs with 2 turn consoles. if the vesta has 9 or better, it wont have any trouble ether.

the neg can drop plasma and tractor, that makes up for turn. the vesta will be able to do similar, more even with runabouts equipped, VM, anomalies. every vesta will have 3 heaves, and thats enough to do serious damage.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Just want to second that no one with any knowledge of the game's mechanics has yet been known to test this ship[...]
Interesting. What is your source for that? Who tested the ship, and what do you know about those people's expertise?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Commander
# 63
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM
i know of two very good pvp'ers who will be testing the vesta
Career Officer
# 64
10-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post

Season 7 is a bedrock for the Romulan faction I'd bet all my EC's on us getting next year. The outcry for a new faction is massive and the potential money is massive too. They're adding a new sector block, new rommie weapons, doffs, boffs, skills etc. It's obvious the Romulan faction is planned.
I've heard some people say this, I think their hopes are misplaced though. I think a Romulan faction was planned a long time ago; but since planning is cheap in comparison to actually going through with it, all that planning was sat on by Cryptic until they realized that just ONE rep grind was too little. The whole Romulan/Tholian angle seems forced to me, but it did help them cannibalize what work was done for the Romulan faction to set up a Romulan rep grind. If a Romulan faction was still planned I'd bet the rep grind would be Reman, not Romulan.

Some sort of mini faction might still see the light of day I suppose, but a full faction is something I don't see happening.

Edit for being more on topic:

Maybe the Vesta will have paper thin hull?... unlikely.

Or have weak shields? .....also very unlikely.

Hmm, maybe we're all just assuming it'll get DHCs? Has it been confirmed that cannons aren't in fact just that? The 180 degree variety?

Last edited by skyranger1414; 10-29-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Captain
# 65
10-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Interesting. What is your source for that? Who tested the ship, and what do you know about those people's expertise?
Until Fallout posted just now, what I said was completely true. The PvP community in STO is extremely small.

In fact what I said is still true because the closed beta presumably hasn't started yet. Like everything else, Cryptic is just developing this thing without any outside input and then they'll likely release it the way they want to regardless of feedback. There was a whole thread about their behaving in this way just a few days ago.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 66
10-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
i know of two very good pvp'ers who will be testing the vesta
how do these people even know they were selected?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 67
10-29-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Until Fallout posted just now, what I said was completely true. The PvP community in STO is extremely small.
That is arguing under the presumption that only PvPers know the mechanics intimately. That is highly unlikely.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain
# 68
10-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Quote:
That is arguing under the presumption that only PvPers know the mechanics intimately. That is highly unlikely.
It is more about that average pvper, knows much more than average pver. With that in mind, a pvper would be much better choice for testing than some pet loving pver who does not care for the balance at all.
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
10-29-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
It is more about that average pvper, knows much more than average pver.
On that we agree. Simply out of necessity.

Quote:
With that in mind, a pvper would be much better choice for testing than some pet loving pver who does not care for the balance at all.
How about some PvEer who does?
Commander
# 70
10-29-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Anyone who knows the mechanics of the game PvPs because it is the most fun thing to do in STO. And people who don't have a good understanding of the mechanics either fail at PvP (or take advantage of overpowered stuff) or listen to people who do (either via builds or just general chat/forums and of course testing stuff in game (against others, looking at pop-ups and simple math)). And I think that mechanics makes it sound harder than it is, the concepts are really easy to grasp you just need to look.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard

Last edited by afree100; 10-29-2012 at 04:32 AM.