Captain
# 991
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM
My JHAS does pretty well, but I'm looking to see if there's something I can do better. Note that the skill tree was made for my fleet Defiant and I plan on changing it as soon as I scrape up the zen for a respec. Also, I can swap out the DBB for another DHC and slot CSV instead of BO. Also, there's the Nimbus Pirate item in the other device slot, but I didn't see it on the selection list.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...exmachina_5009
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 992
10-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
My JHAS does pretty well, but I'm looking to see if there's something I can do better. Note that the skill tree was made for my fleet Defiant and I plan on changing it as soon as I scrape up the zen for a respec. Also, I can swap out the DBB for another DHC and slot CSV instead of BO. Also, there's the Nimbus Pirate item in the other device slot, but I didn't see it on the selection list.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...exmachina_5009
Nimbus Pirate doesn't have to be slotted. You can leave it in your inventory and it will still show. Just make sure you leave it in the same inventory slot.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Survivor of Remus
# 993
10-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
lose most of those universal consoles and the energy weapons, focus on knetic bleed and DOTS. all those differnt weapons and all those differnt tac skills for them arent serveing you well. sci skills need several flow cap, gravaton, or partical consoles for thier offensive sci skills to be more then a minor annoyance. a TR based sci ship, right now id run something like this

omega torp, rom torp, breen cluser/ exparamental beam, cutting beam, trans or plas mines

TT1, DPB1
EPtS1, AtS1
EPtE1

HE1,TSS2, VM1, TR3
ST1,TSS2, TB3

universals
at least 3 flow cap
universals

doffs: 2 or 3 damage control, a VM aftershock and or a TR aftershock

TR drains a LOT of power now, but it doesn't hold or pull. you need VM and TBs disabling someone in place for TR to really drain someone. that with a nuk and scan should leave someone quite vulnerable for a good long kill window. and theres plenty of heals for you and others. spec into sensors too, and with EPtA theres a good chance you will see through some cloaks.
thank you for your info.
just a few more question

1. here is my new skill plan please tell me what you think ?

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...lboatbuild_993

2. the flow cap which is better as I have no borg 2pc shield or hull proc ?

3. could this work to http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...lhealboatb_993 every now and then if I feel like swapping

for the bonuses

Set 2: Tetryon Amplification
Passive +7.6 Tetryon Damage +15.2 Starship Flow Capacitors
Set 3: Refracting Assault
Self: Upgrades hyper Dual Beam Bank's special firing modes. Fire at Will and Beam Overload will both hit additional targets.
Jean-Luc Picard to Cryptic.

" Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? "

Last edited by unheard1978; 10-11-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 994
10-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Avenger

its finally available, the be all, end all, of all kdf battlecruisers. a 5 fore weapon, regent station setup, well turning cruiser that kicks ass's and takes names. oh but theres just 1 problem

they released it to the wrong faction

thats right, out of no where the feds have made the ideal battle cruiser. though regardless of faction, it exceeded my expectations on the battlefield, its as marvelous as i had hoped this combination of stats would be.

battlecruiser

with 5 forward weapons, its best to stack heavy weapons upfront and buff your turn rate so you can use them. with a bunch of beam arrays you might not notice a difference between this ship and the regent.

weapons

1 DBB, 4 DHCs, 3 turrets

TT1, CRF1, APO1
BO1

EPtS1, AtB1, RSP2, DEM3
EPtE1, AtB1

TSS1, HE2

equipment

borg deflector
borg engine
elite shield

consoles

4 RCS +allres
leach, VATA
4 energy damage type

required DOFFs

3 purple tech doffs, 2 BO penetration doffs

DEM maximizer

instead of DHCs up front, you could run 5 single canons, or even duel cannons, to get the most shots on target as possible. being able to run 5 single cannons and 3 turrets is certainly an advantage over the other cruisers

weapons

5 tet/pol single cannons/DCs, 3 tet/pol turrets

TT1, APB1, CRF2
TT1

EPtS1, AtB1, RSP2, DEM3
EPtW1, AtB1

TSS1, HE2

equipment

omega deflector
omega engine
elite shield

consoles

leach, borg, zero point, VATA
2 flow cap
4 energy damage type

required DOFFs

3 purple tech doffs

AtD build

with the amount of tac stations this ship has, you could get away without an AtB build, if you replace it with an AtD buiild. this would certainly make it the most maneuverable option, and with the new doff one of the sturdiest.

weapons

5 DHC/DC, 3 turrets

TT1, CRF1, CRF2
TT1

EPtS1, AtD1, RSP2, DEM3
EPtA1, AtD1

TSS1, HE2

equipment

borg deflector
borg engine
elite shield

consoles

4 RCS +allres
leach, VATA
4 energy damage type

required DOFFs

2/3 damage control doffs, AtD doff

max spike avenger

having used the avenger for a few days now, its proven to be the hardest battlecruiser to use like a battlecruiser due to its very high 50 inertia. the other battlecruisers tend to turn ass first, so you can kind of circle drift around your target wile having your nose pointed at your target the whole time. the avenger cant do that, it pretty much turns on rails, so your potential time on target will be diminished. that being the case, and with 5 forward weapons, and the number of tac skills it has, using DHC, a DBB for BO, and a torp is quite viable. anything you use DHCs on, you really need 3 of them at least. on here you can have that, wile also having your 2 separate spike weapons. currently, your only going to ever get torps by shields if you make a hole with BO first, just 3 DHCs is not enough to instantly blank out a shield facing anymore, not after everyone got elite shields. so the trick with this build is to get torps in the air, and the VATA console too, wile firing your energy weapons, especially your BO, right as the torps are about to hit. this play style requires much less time on target then trying to drown someone in DHC fire, and with the avengers moment personality, its a better fit. since your dealing a much lower number of energy weapon swings, DEM loses value. but that just means you can make your avenger MUCH more tanky, and in this case without losing any impotent offense.

weapons

1 DBB, 1 quantum, 3 DHCs, 3 turrets

TT1, CRF1, BO3
HY1

ET1, AtB1, EPtS3, RSP3
EPtE1, AtB1

TSS1, HE2

equipment

borg deflector
borg engine
elite shield

consoles

4 RCS +allres
leach, VATA
4 energy damage type

required DOFFs

3 purple tech doffs, 2 BO penetration doffs

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 10-13-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Commander
# 995
10-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Quote:
well, what im looking at here is a very middle of the road healer and damager, that doesn't excel at ether. for cruisers, in my opinion, to not just take up space they need to be hard core heal boats or hard core DPS boats, and that is just sort of nether. if your spending all your time FAWing beams, SA wont help much, it isn't applied to everyone hit by a beam, just your target. might as well use the tac version. for a tac cruiser, the ody is a poor choice. to get high end tac skills, you end up with way to much tac and not enough eng to be AtB build efficient. though for hard core healer only the recluse beats an ody with a LTC sci

it looks like you have 2 TT, so con doffs are redundant, unless they are the evasive or some other varient. and with damage control doffs you should have 1 copy of 2 different EPt skills
Well it's suposed to be mainly a sci-cruiser not a tac-cruiser. Fawspam its basically for cleaning spam, but SA can still work if you have your target in focus, check the stacks, then you can call the target, scan, nuke, etc. I meant this build not to be a damage dealer or a healer, but a debuffer conservating some healing and assistance capabilities (tss, he, ats, es...) and some nice damage capabilities. It's the best I could think for a Sci odissey tbh... And having the avenger here, I want to stick with non-avenger cruisers in any possible way... :p

As for the doffs, it's explained in the description depending on your boffs skills, but mainly I'd use epts and epta.

So as a debuffer sci-cruiser, what do you think? Maybe swaping one tt for spread, and replacing tss for the necessary science team? Then damage control and conn offs?

Last edited by lter; 10-11-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Career Officer
# 996
10-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Had some questions about gear. My primary character is a tactical officer. Maxxed level, skills, etc. I run a regent class assault cruiser most of the time. I keep seeing that the maco shield is a prefferred item, but the stats on the fleet shields are so much better. Same with deflectors and engines. Also, there's the matter of cannons vs beams. How do cannons put out so much more damage, yet use less energy than beams?
Empire Veteran
# 997
10-13-2013, 02:26 PM
avenger builds updated slightly, with a new varient
Survivor of Remus
# 998
10-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
I have been stalking this thread waiting for this lol
thank you for your update. great chatting with you to day.
Jean-Luc Picard to Cryptic.

" Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? "
Career Officer
# 999
10-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
I kinda like that Spike Avenger build .... seems very viable as a PvE stf cruiser as well.

As for the mentioned BO-doff ... would that be the Beam Weapons variant of
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Specializat...eapons_Officer ????

Or a different one .... and what would a replacement be (preferably a "freely available" doff)
Empire Veteran
# 1000
10-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivedutch View Post
I kinda like that Spike Avenger build .... seems very viable as a PvE stf cruiser as well.

As for the mentioned BO-doff ... would that be the Beam Weapons variant of
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Specializat...eapons_Officer ????

Or a different one .... and what would a replacement be (preferably a "freely available" doff)
no, its the doff that adds a penetration proc to BO. its from the latest lockbox, and blue ones are sold for about 200k-400k EC last i checked. any ship with BO should run at least 2