Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,737
# 381
01-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
With the AP cooldown doffs, do you only need one Attack Pattern Omega?
Yeah, just one and a Beta or a Delta.

Just activate one of the other powers after activating Omega to get another cooldown reduction.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 382
01-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Yeah, just one and a Beta or a Delta.

Just activate one of the other powers after activating Omega to get another cooldown reduction.
Wow, then I can switch my Boffs around a bit, but my issue is what to do:

Commander Tactical: TT1, APD1, CRF2, APO3
Lieutenant Commander: TT1, CRF1, APO1

I could change APO1 into CRF2, but then I will have an Extra Tac slot to use.

I could used it for BO2, or use it for THY2, but I don't have anything specced into Torpedo damage increasing or crit increasing.

What should I do?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,737
# 383
01-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
Wow, then I can switch my Boffs around a bit, but my issue is what to do:

Commander Tactical: TT1, APD1, CRF2, APO3
Lieutenant Commander: TT1, CRF1, APO1

I could change APO1 into CRF2, but then I will have an Extra Tac slot to use.

I could used it for BO2, or use it for THY2, but I don't have anything specced into Torpedo damage increasing or crit increasing.

What should I do?
Try:

TT1, APD1, RF2, APO 3

TT1, APB1, RF2

Use Beta when you have a really good angle on your target and he has no TT up.

Switch it up and use Delta on a teammate if you aren't being focused, or on yourself if you are.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 384
01-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Try:

TT1, APD1, RF2, APO 3

TT1, APB1, RF2

Use Beta when you have a really good angle on your target and he has no TT up.

Switch it up and use Delta on a teammate if you aren't being focused, or on yourself if you are.
Well that works, or I can replace a Turret with Chroniton Mines and used Dispersal Pattern Beta 1
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,737
# 385
01-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
Well that works, or I can replace a Turret with Chroniton Mines and used Dispersal Pattern Beta 1
Yeah, some of the TRH use DPB 1 I think.

You have so many options now.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 386
01-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Yeah, some of the TRH use DPB 1 I think.

You have so many options now.
Well I decided on APB1 and can switch between that and APD1 depending on the situation
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,737
# 387
01-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
Well I decided on APB1 and can switch between that and APD1 depending on the situation
Yeah, that's great. I run the same thing really. Best purchase I ever made for one of my Tacs, those AP doffs.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 158
# 388
01-06-2013, 08:40 AM
But so expensive... I need to save up for a couple of them. They do look good.

I took your collective advice and dumped in APD, and it does work a treat. Thanks guys!

Plus, EPtE is really helpful. It certainly seems better than having the 2nd EPtS.

Also, as a by the by, does anyone know what KDF attack would disable 3 of your subsystems straight away? Twice now I've been hit by something (only when in a match against the spam-dropping KDF) that's immediately taken 3 of my subsystems offline, and pretty much led to my demise shortly thereafter.

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 389
01-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmichc View Post
But so expensive... I need to save up for a couple of them. They do look good.

I took your collective advice and dumped in APD, and it does work a treat. Thanks guys!

Plus, EPtE is really helpful. It certainly seems better than having the 2nd EPtS.

Also, as a by the by, does anyone know what KDF attack would disable 3 of your subsystems straight away? Twice now I've been hit by something (only when in a match against the spam-dropping KDF) that's immediately taken 3 of my subsystems offline, and pretty much led to my demise shortly thereafter.

Tim
It's one of the KDf ship consoles, or you been smacked by Viral Matrix
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,480
# 390
01-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmichc View Post
Hi folks,

Well, after trying to get to grips with sci in PvP, and learning more than that via the Boot Camp, I decided to revist my oldest character, my tac and her Bug.

My main question is; what's wrong with this build? I do keep dying very very quickly in a match, especially compared to other Bugs I've seen in action. Plus. my damage doesn't seem to be that good... Any pointers?

Skillpoint spec here.

Fore weapons: 2x Polaron DHC [Acc]x2 [CrtD], 2x Polaron DHc[Acc]x2 [CrtH]
Rear weapons: 2x Polaron Turret [Acc]x2 [CrtD], 1x Polaron Turret [Acc]x2 [CrtH]

Deflector: Borg Mk XI
Engines: Borg Mk XI
Shield: MACO Mk XI

Eng consoles: Assimilated Console, Ablative Armour Mk XII, Neutronium Mk XI, Neutronium Mk XI

Sci: Field Generator Mk XII

Tactical: 3x Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XI, 2x Polaron Phase Modulator Mk X

So, is there anything intrinsically wrong with this build, or am I just bad at piloting? I do have keybinds set up (including the standard one from the Hilbert Guide for the spacebar), so I'm not clicking through powers, and I have a bind for APA/FOMM/TT/Tac Fleet/Go Down Fighting to 'alpha up' just prior to an attack run.

Tim

Edit: My DOffs; 2x Damage Control Engineers, 2x Shield Distribution Officers (BFI), 1x Hamlet (TT)
In addition to what others have said, tbh I'd dump the Borg gear for Omega set gear, or go all Omega gear, or upgrade to Fleet if/when you have that option. Imo, hyper-impulse engines should be used on all Escorts. Tet Glider will help (even w/o any Sci Flow cap consoles) if you have Flow Caps maxed which you should since you're using polaron anyway. The deflector gives a targeting bonus (only non-fleet deflector to do that). You're in a Bug, so the energy wake proc from the shields probably isn't all that useful, but the 3 part bonus is nice @ lowering defenses and preventing turning.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 AM.