Survivor of Remus
# 881
08-30-2013, 03:20 PM
[quote=dontdrunkimshoot;12193611]that looks like a good skill tree to me. i tend to just put 3 into weapons and aux performance though. 6 into energy armor and 6 into threat control. any of the rest into eficency and potentual

thank you,

feel free use it,

Its based on ur build and I edited it with your info you posted.
Jean-Luc Picard to Cryptic.

" Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? "
Rihannsu
# 882
08-31-2013, 08:12 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=551

I was looking for a new build to try with a KDF sci officer since they did a face lift to the KDF story arc and was really interested in Mav's x wing bop. But I'm not sure if Mav still visits these forums or not so I was wondering if this build would still be viable since LoR release and if it just needs some tweaking what would they be.

Any help would be appreciated.
Survivor of Remus
# 883
09-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Can any one please post any info about skill plans

Aka what's the best areas to pick, the do's and dont's,
And is its always must have to get power out of a warp core all subs hitting 125 ?

Last edited by unheard1978; 09-03-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 884
09-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unheard1978 View Post
Can any one please post any info about skill plans

Aka what's the best areas to pick, the do's and dont's,
And is its always must have to get power out of a warp core all subs hitting 125 ?
ok, unless i was running something specialized that needed a strong sci skill other then flow caps, this would be my cookie cutter skill and rep setup for anything a tac captain would use http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=drunk2013_0
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 885
09-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
...this would be my cookie cutter skill and rep setup...
DDIS, I was surprised to see you've maxed Starship Electro-Plasma Systems skill. I didn't realize it was that useful... Would you mind commenting on that, please?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Empire Veteran
# 886
09-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
DDIS, I was surprised to see you've maxed Starship Electro-Plasma Systems skill. I didn't realize it was that useful... Would you mind commenting on that, please?
it directly buffs the effectiveness of EPt skills, and lets you recover from drain faster, drain like from BO.

i would never consider not maxing it
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 887
09-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
it directly buffs the effectiveness of EPt skills, and lets you recover from drain faster, drain like from BO.

i would never consider not maxing it
Also it raises the amount of "magical" energy produced by A2B. By magical I mean if you take the boost to each subsystem and add all 3 up, then subtract the amount taken from aux, you have a number representing the power created magically by the will of Garey Busey.
Rihannsu
# 888
09-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
it directly buffs the effectiveness of EPt skills, and lets you recover from drain faster, drain like from BO...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlamidiot View Post
Also it raises the amount of "magical" energy produced by A2B... by the will of Garey Busey.
Ah. Thank you both for the answers (and the praise to his Glory, Lord Busey, of course! lol).

I thought it might have to do with Power Transfer Rate restoring energy faster between weapon shots and affecting DPS, which I thought was taken out years ago ... Well, the Devs had said/intended PTR removed from weapon recovery, but I've read some people's posts over the years that it still does, possibly only to a marginal degree, but does none-the-less.

And I was wondering if that was your reason for maxing the skill.

Good to see it's not.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Survivor of Remus
# 889
09-05-2013, 01:40 AM
thank you for posting your cookie cutter tac captain skill tree

Empire Veteran
# 890 Tray 7
09-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Can anyone tell me where in the folders of STO do I place the Skill Tray 7 so that it becomes active in-game? Thanks in advance...and if mailed to me in-game I would appreciate it greatly and keep it in the mail to remember you by.