Lt. Commander
# 21 Thanks
12-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Whoops, I feel kinda silly now, sorry I missed that part.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Would be nice if they listed which exclusive items were with each retailer. So many exclusives. I don't know which gives which.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Would be nice if they listed which exclusive items were with each retailer. So many exclusives. I don't know which gives which.
http://www.startrekonline.com/retail

Click on the "Details" link next to the "Preorder" button, and you'll see which retailers are offering what.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplarSora View Post
http://www.startrekonline.com/retail

Click on the "Details" link next to the "Preorder" button, and you'll see which retailers are offering what.
thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-16-2009, 11:59 PM
will more preorder bonus deals be coming out at a later date for other places(like Australia) or will we have to get it from somewhere else or Download?
Lt. Commander
I find it rather unfortunate that Atari doesn't allow any non-US resident access to its bonus pack offer :/
Or do i have to do something special? The link at least tells me i am not allowed to get it

I havent seen the DS9 Costumes in any of the packs. Does anyone know where to get that one? i really liked those uniforms
Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq

Q: Do the exclusive items stack? Can I get more than one thing?

A: Yes, different items stack. So if someone purchased multiple copies of the game from various retailers, he would receive all those items for EACH character created. Included playtime will still stack as well. However, the same bonus does not stack. So if someone purchases from Wal Mart twice, he cannot get two 500 point skill bonuses for the same character. (Each character will get one).
Q1: Okay, so what does 'Included playtime" mean?

Q2: Also it says "However, the same bonus does not stack." So if I preorder the Walmart package and also the Play.com Silver Package, does that mean I will get 500 skill points for 2 seperate characters, 1000 skill points for 1 character, or 1000 skill points for every character I make?

Q3: I go into EB Games (in Australia) every week and they tell me they are in negotiation with Atari in regards to pre-order bonuses but this list doesn't say anything about EB Games, Australia. Will there be any Australian pre-order bonuses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq

Q: If I purchase the Digital Deluxe Item from Steam, D2D, etc. will I also receive their retailer exclusives?

A: Yes.
Q4: Is the Steam/D2D Digital Deluxe Edition exactly the same as the Atari.com Digital Deluxe Edition with regard to the pre-order bonuses I will receive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusives

Joined Trill
At character creation, a player can select Trill as a race. This unlocks special exclusive traits that enhance the character’s abilities. Note that the special abilities are the only exclusive aspect; players are still able to create Trills in the game. However, they will lack the Trill abilities.
Q5a: Will this bonus be applied to every character I make or only to every Trill I make?

Q5b: If so, does it stack with the skill points from the Walmart package and the Play.com Silver Package?

And lastly.

Q6: There are no links on the frontpage (besides in the specific news article) to all of the pre-order links(excepting in THE GAME | BUY STO, which is the retail link.) Will you be putting links to these pages in the top menu?

Thanks in advance.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
Disclaimer: I know some of these questions may seems silly but I am asking for clarification only. Sometimes Cryptic assumes 'we' know things that are 'obvious' when in actual fact its only 'obvious' to the people who already know the answers. I also apoligise for the large size of this post.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-17-2009, 12:30 AM
So..... if we get the Deluxe Collector's edition from Gamestop, We don't get the 60's Constitution unless we get the standard Edition of the game? That mean I have to buy the Collector's Box Set for the Next Gen Movie Uniforms, and a standard Game Edition for the TOS Connie, and then purchase a third digital download from Atari, to get the TOS Uniforms to wear on my TOS Connie from Gamestop? I thought I saw somewhere that all preorder purchases from Gamestop got the Connie, be it Standard or Special collector's Deluxe edition?
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-17-2009, 12:37 AM
from the pre-order FAQ

Q: If I purchase the Digital Deluxe Item from Steam, D2D, etc. will I also receive their retailer exclusives?

A: Yes.

Does this apply to Collectors Edition's from specific retailers as well? IE if I order the CE from Gamestop will I also receive the Constitution class as well as the costumes and such from the CE?
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Question 1: No info on what retailers - online or brick-and-mortar - offer the Neodymium Deflector Dish, or Radiometic Converting Shields ingame bonuses. It doesn't seem to be in the US or North America?

Question 2: Am I the only Trekkie who has noticed that the game's TR-116 bears little resemblance to
the rifle seen in the Deep Space 9 episode "Field of Fire"? The game rifle looks more like a phaser rifle, there's no eyepiece (I assume that contains the "exographic targeting sensor"), and the effects make it look like something is about to explode. How could Cryptic's programmers miss that??

Question 3: Amazon lists these Bonus Items in its CE-- Deluxe Packaging, Deluxe Manual, Communicator Badge, 3 Guest Passes, Red Matter Capacitor, TNG Uniforms, DS9 Uniforms. I understand that these are not exclusive to Amazon but are available to everyone who buys the CE no matter what retailer in any country or region?

But- Thank you for leaving open the possibility of having some of these bonuses available later on inside the game as microtransactions. The Multi-Spatial Personal Shield, Automated Defense Battery, as well as the NDD and RCS above are quite tempting. But I don't want to buy 2 or 3 more copies of STO in addition to the Amazon one I will order next month...