Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 688
I've been noticed for a while now, whenever I open the community authored tab, and it starts piling in all the entries, very often everything and everyone around me in social zones or sector space starts rubberbanding. I don't know if this is because of the bandwidth required to download all the information, or just the memory required to keep it all in a readily scrollable list, but once I've done a search, and the entries are down to a few dozen, it stops.

A page system like used in the exchange might keep this from happening.
Reave
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 2
10-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
I've been noticed for a while now, whenever I open the community authored tab, and it starts piling in all the entries, very often everything and everyone around me in social zones or sector space starts rubberbanding. I don't know if this is because of the bandwidth required to download all the information, or just the memory required to keep it all in a readily scrollable list, but once I've done a search, and the entries are down to a few dozen, it stops.

A page system like used in the exchange might keep this from happening.

Even just making it wait until you type in a search and hit enter would do.

At the moment it is wasting everyone's time and bandwidth on the full list - when most people simply want to do a search.




In the long run though, the whole thing should be grouped by enemy type tabs... and further into the future added to the normal missions list after moderator approval and end reward additions.
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 688
# 3
10-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone View Post
Even just making it wait until you type in a search and hit enter would do.
Ashamed I didn't think of that, to be honest. Yeah, that should do, and be much easier to do, in fact.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 10-30-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 4
10-31-2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Ashamed I didn't think of that, to be honest. Yeah, that should do, and be much easier to do, in fact.
hehe that fix is really a bit of a no-brainer and I can only wonder why it was not done a long long time ago.

It should be as simple as adding /* <useless code> */ around the pointless code (or simply deleting it)... and would save bandwidth/cpu time/database accesses/lag for both STO and the players.
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 688
# 5
10-31-2012, 04:10 PM
I just noticed this today - I don't know if it ever happened before, and I just missed it, or my mailbox just recently reached critical mass - but having the ingame mail tab open has the same effect the first Community Authored tab does.

The answer to that one I think might be to have subtabs/pages though, one for just this week, one for everything older than 7 days. Or give us back the online mailbox (patch it into the gateway) so I can once more weed out the accumulated exchange spam.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 10-31-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:34 AM.