Lieutenant
# 1 Quantum Torpedo Costs
10-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Hello everybody, I was just wandering why do quantum torpedos cost so much in the exchange? The cheapest is a Mk II for 29k energy credits! The value of it is only 1k. Also do you guys know where to buy quantum torpedos from a NPC. Just the other day i bought a lvl 4 quantum torpedo for dilithium, but i would like to know where to buy it for energy credits. thank you all.
Career Officer
# 2
10-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Well, basically it's supply and demand...

But if you want my advice on this: Don't waste EC or Dil on low level gear... Very shortly you will be at end game, and have wasted a ton of resources on items you can't use at that level...

Spend some time in the DSE's and be satisfied with the loot drops you get, as well as rewards, and you will be fine.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Quantums are very popular because in overall effectivity they have the best bang for the buck.
Especialy a tac captain with her buffs can get a great deal of damage out of them.
It is not uncommon for a mk12 quantum to hit home at 20-30k.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Quantum Torpedoes may be the best overall missile weapon in the game. That fact and the rarity of high quality quantum drops from missions makes them expensive on the exchange. I tend to buy mine through the dilithium store where they are "reasonably" priced and easily available.