Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
10-30-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
ok so im sure by now that everyone has seen the passives on tribble. well 2 passives that stick out. the dem passive and the passive that will give you jams that cant be broken and can be speced. i was told you can get a free jam of 10 secs. even if this is not true even a 3-6 sec jam is way too op. non of this is even needed in pve. so i have to ask, why sub doffs, dem passive and jam passive? are they trying to make all the pvp'ers in this game leave? or is it to bring more pvp'er into it? if its to bring in new blood this is wrong way to do it. im sure you will make alot of people leave. if team a cant see team b and team b cant see team a then what is the point? the dem passive is a 2.5 chance with 100% sheild pen. the jam is a 20% chance that can be boosted.

"Putting points into the Neural Neutralizer Duty Officer power will now properly increase the duration of the Placate."

can the jam please be broken using damage? hate to see the kdf or the fed version of the kdf space set get placae plus the passive placae proc. then the dem passive comes in......we know every class will pick these 2 passives. but what about carrier pets? will these passives/procs apply to them as well?
Do you really think PvP'ers have an effect on Cryptic's bottom line? They're a company. They have no morals. Their goal is to make money as efficiently as possible.

Now, is that through PvE or PvP?
Empire Veteran
# 22
10-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
go(ing) straight to hull.
Not much more to say........
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 23
10-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
your going way to far i think. this new rep system is very good. with just i think they said 1 hour a week will get you to t5 in 90 days. this rep system is much better then the luck drop gozer gave. also kdf has awesome ships. what they are lacking is skilled players that dont use p2w. they are also lacking uni and skins and story lines.
So your argument is, 1hr a day "of PVE" on each of my 15 toons will get them all to T5 after 90 15hr days? And this method is easier than doing 10-15 (at about 10 minutes each) elite STFs with fellow PVPers to get the gear I want/need for my toons?

I'm all for more to do, and a more reliable way to acquire equipment so long as "PVP" is equally rewarded. As it is, as it has been, and obviously as it will remain ... you're rewarded NIL and are required to do PVE.

Not to mention they made PVP a repeat mission for DIL and the gates have been flooded with AFK d-bags. That should go back to kerrat so all those d-bags can hog up that zone and be worthless somewhere no will care.

kthxbai
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Career Officer
# 24
10-30-2012, 11:52 AM
lol so your upset at the rep system when you have 16 toons? wow.......makes no sence since you will be grinding no matter what. how many times did you grind an stf on just 1 toon? how long did it take to even get 1 mk12 item? so if just 1 hour a week for 90 days and u have t5 then its fine. im sure you grind for 2-3 hours for 1 toon. for 1 toon the way it is atm you can grind 24/7 for 5 years and not get 1 mk12 item. think people like you should stop b!tching. btw this topic isent even about stf. maybe head over to the pve fourms and voice complaints perhaps?

also who says we dont get rewards out of pvp? even if i did not get any dil for doing pvp i would still be in it. i dont play online games for a nintendo game play. even if you call this multi player single mission co-op or what ever how you word it. i play for the pure fact of an actauly human controlling pixles. and winning or losing and having fun doing so is the reward its self. when p2w consoles get involved it makes me not want to play. now we have bs passives getting into the mix making it much worse.

Last edited by broken1981; 10-30-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 25
10-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
lol so your upset at the rep system when you have 16 toons? wow.......makes no sence since you will be grinding no matter what. how many times did you grind an stf on just 1 toon? how long did it take to even get 1 mk12 item? so if just 1 hour a week for 90 days and u have t5 then its fine. im sure you grind for 2-3 hours for 1 toon. for 1 toon the way it is atm you can grind 24/7 for 5 years and not get 1 mk12 item. think people like you should stop b!tching. btw this topic isent even about stf. maybe head over to the pve fourms and voice complaints perhaps?
Can you read? It's the fact that PVP doesn't provide the required marks for this new system.

As for the passives, they are just stupid.

As for the actual STF gear, on any given toon I have had to do them 10-20 times to get the proper MK XI/XII drops. 2 of my toons I got the MK XII on the first ISE. 9 more for the engine/def. Done. With a decent group, that's 7-10 minutes each. Not a big deal.

kthx
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Career Officer
# 26
10-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
now that's constructive feedback... tell me... why are you writing in this forum at all? You appear to have no wish or hope for the future of STO, and now you just want to drag as many people as you can down with you? Wouldn't it be better if you just moved on to "that better game" and started posting in it's forum instead?
AGREE.

I'm bored of hearing the same four people prattle on about Mechwarriot Online etc. if its really so good then **** off and play it. I respect you for getting sick and tired of PVP neglect and going off to find greener grass. How about you guys respect that some of us do wish to stay in STO for whatever reason.
Commander
# 27
10-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
AGREE.

I'm bored of hearing the same four people prattle on about Mechwarriot Online etc. if its really so good then **** off and play it. I respect you for getting sick and tired of PVP neglect and going off to find greener grass. How about you guys respect that some of us do wish to stay in STO for whatever reason.
This 100%
Seriously, go...
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Career Officer
# 28
10-30-2012, 12:20 PM
well there is people that have done over 1000 runs and did not even get a mk12 item. so im very happy that you did recieve the "luck" drop. to be honest pvp should not get the marks needed for rep system to be honest. has nothing to do with this bs story line they got going. was hoping the star base would get an opposing fleet to take it over and that would be ground/space pvp. with fleet marks.
Lieutenant
# 29
10-30-2012, 01:20 PM
The concept behind the passives is great. Many mmos have had alternate advancement-type systems.

Personally, I'm looking at them along with the plans to dampen survivability through the Borg set nerf, possible changes to Tac Team, etc. With that in mind, the survivability passives appear quite logical.

My concern is with the ability of the kinetic proc to not only be affected by tac buffs, but to proc repeatedly and often due to CRF.

I hope that they take a look at that one. The others seem quite fine to me and offer genuine choices.
Career Officer
# 30
10-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reichwald12 View Post
My concern is with the ability of the kinetic proc to not only be affected by tac buffs, but to proc repeatedly and often due to CRF.

I hope that they take a look at that one. The others seem quite fine to me and offer genuine choices.
so you see nothing wrong with a free jam that cant be broken by damage? and possibly speced to last 10 secs?