Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 297
# 1 The new Intrepid
08-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Is there actually a new Intrepid class ship in X2 or is it just a remastering of the ship? Is it worth getting all the Intrepid varriants before the expansion or wait?
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 2
08-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Wait. Nothing happens if you wait, the price isn't going to suddenly go up without warning. Whatever happens, waiting is the safe answer.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,300
# 3
08-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Wait. Nothing happens if you wait, the price isn't going to suddenly go up without warning. Whatever happens, waiting is the safe answer.
Technically true, although the 'Doooom' merchant in me can't help but wonder whether the revamped Intrepid will wind up in some sort of pack a'la the 'Galaxy Bundle' or DS9 bundle.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,679
# 4
08-26-2014, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo1 View Post
Is there actually a new Intrepid class ship in X2 or is it just a remastering of the ship?
They have not announced any new varients and nobody has leaked any that I've seen

Quote:
Is it worth getting all the Intrepid varriants before the expansion or wait?
There is only one c-store flavor at the moment, with a fleet upgrade.

If they do a new T6 version, they will probably do what they did with the Patrol Escort Refit, in which case you will have to buy the new release and take it to fleet grade separately.

If they do a 3-pack, they will be fleet level from the start.

Smartest thing you can do is hold your money until they are willing to share some information.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,446
# 5
08-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Technically true, although the 'Doooom' merchant in me can't help but wonder whether the revamped Intrepid will wind up in some sort of pack a'la the 'Galaxy Bundle' or DS9 bundle.
meh, I had the galaxy-x, galaxy-r, and t4 galaxy for a while before the bundle and never bought the bridge pack. When the galaxy bundle came put I got the bridge pack for free. For every money grab cryptic does they do give a lot of things out for free.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:40 PM.