Captain
# 11
10-29-2012, 12:26 AM
Well fed players like to buy ships. Hence why they get them. Beside, I think Klingons in generally have better choices in fleet ships, if we compare fed fleet ships to fleet Negh'Var, Fleet Vor'Cha, Fleet K't'inga, klingons have at least reason to build starbases

Well, until some cruiser in lockbox replaces them all of course.
Commander
# 12
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Cryptic does only make Fed side C-Store stuff. KDF always gets the short end of the stick by decree of Grand Federation Emperor DStahl.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Commander
# 13
10-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Hmm... Okay, given your track record, you're tsundere for Vesta.

Why the hell is a 24th century prototype more powerful than a 25th century massproduction flagship? Are we in anime Star Trek?
Hahahaha. Yeah, the rule that old prototypes are imba :-P

Because I don't like the klings aka poor man's space orks, I'm glad that the feds get another ship Just joking. I really hope thtat the klings get more skins for their ships. And another HUD color xD
Captain
# 14
10-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Guys KDF is dead, be glad they haven't closed shop on you. (i have 3 KDF BTW).
Career Officer
# 15
10-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Every time KDF gets a new ship these days, the Feds get a variant as well. I mean, we can't leave the poor Feds out. It is a shame it doesn't work both ways, but then again there might be a KDF Sci-cruiser in the works as well
Career Officer
# 16
10-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstarswe View Post
Every time KDF gets a new ship these days, the Feds get a variant as well. I mean, we can't leave the poor Feds out. It is a shame it doesn't work both ways, but then again there might be a KDF Sci-cruiser in the works as well
I'd love a Kar'fi variant fed side... unless that's pretty much what the Vesta will be...

Do wish we'd get more ships KDF side tho...

There is a bright side as well... eventually all KDF ships will have a Fleet copy..

Then they'll be nearly forced to come up with new ships for when they add things to the Fleet shipyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post

There is already talk with tribble supporting evidence that she will be a Sci-crusier Hybrid, with sensor analysis, sub-system targeting, front loading Dual heavy cannons, AND news today she could very likely have a Hanger Bay - on a crusier - crazy I know - but the fighters show up as slotted for it.
The Orion Marauder is a cruiser with a Hangar bay, it can't load DHC.... but if it could... it wouldn't be able to use it very well...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.

Last edited by gypsyblade; 10-29-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
10-29-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Hmm... Okay, given your track record, you're tsundere for Vesta.

I just caught up with that thread... and I'm already glad I've not bought a HEC yet.

Why the hell is a 24th century prototype more powerful than a 25th century massproduction flagship? Are we in anime Star Trek?
It's not just prototypes.
Look at the Excelsior.
The T3 version (even the old version for energy credits was that way) outperforms the roughly 50 years younger Cheyenne while the T5 version outguns and outmaneuvers a standard Sovereign.
Of course when you look at the various comments from the DEVs how much they like the Excelsior it becomes pretty clear how ships are balanced in this game.
It's based on personal preference and little else.
Since the DEVs have said in the past how much they'd like the Vesta in this game this is not too much of a surprise the ship will be very good.
Let's see how far they'll go...

BTW, given comments by Gecko how much he dislikes the Ambassador it's rather clear how useless that ship will be when it comes out.

With regards to KDF...my guess is there will be zero ships until perhaps mid next year.
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-29-2012, 04:11 AM
Given the choices we have in the KDF, we don't really need any new ships. All of our ships perform well and KDF captains are known to generally be better than Fed captains (aka the babies who are defeated by the colour red) and know how to get the most out of their ships.

Let the Feds get new ships they can buy, they're paying the bills so we can blow them up.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-29-2012, 04:11 AM
Why isn't there a fleet dacoit and fleet karfi?

It should be easier making kdf ships. I guess it is too hard for cryptic.
Career Officer
# 20
10-29-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Why isn't there a fleet dacoit and fleet karfi?

It should be easier making kdf ships. I guess it is too hard for cryptic.
Because the standard Kar'fi can still outperform 90% of the Fed Fleet ships in PvE
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.