Captain
# 21
10-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Because the standard Kar'fi can still outperform 90% of the Fed Fleet ships in PvE
If they had a Klingon ship - AKA - Klingon style ship that performed just like the Kar'fi I would buy it in a second. I just can't come to grips with that design it's too frankenstein. They need a real Klingon C-store ship with the same stats.
Empire Veteran
# 22
10-29-2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Because the standard Kar'fi can still outperform 90% of the Fed Fleet ships in PvE
90 percent of kdf can outperform Feds in space, ground, and have better taste in clothes. They also make better lovers. But that doesn't mean they don't require equal content.
Republic Veteran
# 23
10-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Yeah Umm.. While I have no issues with Starfleet gaining yet another ship, I think the field needs to be seriously balanced here.
The Orions specialize in strike fighters and the like. With this in mind you would think that the Klingon faction should maintain superiority in Carrier classes. Up to and including deployable fighters on heavy cruiser platforms. If not that, then lets exploit the fact that the Gorn are every bit the advanced technologies equivilant of Starfleet. Bring this to the table in Ernest and lets start seeing some Hybreding of that techno-might in newer Imperial designs.

*gets down off the soap box*
Captain
# 24
10-29-2012, 07:00 AM
And As usual the KDF gets Squat
Captain
# 25
10-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shento View Post
Yeah Umm.. While I have no issues with Starfleet gaining yet another ship, I think the field needs to be seriously balanced here.
The Orions specialize in strike fighters and the like. With this in mind you would think that the Klingon faction should maintain superiority in Carrier classes. Up to and including deployable fighters on heavy cruiser platforms. If not that, then lets exploit the fact that the Gorn are every bit the advanced technologies equivilant of Starfleet. Bring this to the table in Ernest and lets start seeing some Hybreding of that techno-might in newer Imperial designs.

*gets down off the soap box*
Well the current evidence that the Vesta will get a Hanger bay for Fighters is past just the rumor stage and actually into the - "is this a design mistake on tribble" stage

So if it does get fighters - a mid to Heavy Crusier having fighters on the Fed side will mark a definite shift in the move to make Fed ships have multi capibilites.
Career Officer
# 26
10-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Well the current evidence that the Vesta will get a Hanger bay for Fighters is past just the rumor stage and actually into the - "is this a design mistake on tribble" stage

So if it does get fighters - a mid to Heavy Crusier having fighters on the Fed side will mark a definite shift in the move to make Fed ships have multi capibilites.
I wish the dev's would just post the blog pertaining to the Vesta and put an end to all this speculation once and for all!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 27
10-29-2012, 08:25 AM
My earlier quick comment not withstanding here's my thought.

Rumour says that we'll be getting a 3 pack. What if the only tac varient can mount cannons, but only the eng form can mount fighters.

Another possobillity is that mounting fighter will require a consle, and maybe even the cannons will be handled by an "autocannon" consle.

Neithier of those scenarios is especially OMG scary. It's the idea of fighters and DHC's as standard on a ship thats likliy to have a better turn rate than any other carrier out there that IS scary.
Empire Veteran
# 28
10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Meh. The Vesta been " about to go live" for while now. Its no surprise.

Is it going to be released on tribble first or straight to store with it?
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
# 29
10-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Why isn't there a fleet dacoit and fleet karfi?

It should be easier making kdf ships. I guess it is too hard for cryptic.
This is what I want as far as new KDF ships go.

Though I do enjoy my GV PegI'sU.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 30
10-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Meh. The Vesta been " about to go live" for while now. Its no surprise.

Is it going to be released on tribble first or straight to store with it?
There are supposed to be some people testing her, either a)they can't say a word, or b)it won't be until after the "official" blog post is released this week.

And all indications are for 1 ship and not a 3 pack as the 1 ship will most likely cost 3000-3500 zen given the costs and hoops they jumped through with the designer.

A 10 turn same as the Vor'cha is most likely - and a sci cabable, sensor analysis, sub-nuking,dual heavy cannon, tractor spamming captain with any skills we definitely be a threat.

Sci captains/skills have been nerfed so hard for a long time - it would not surprize me in the least that all sci gets quite a buffing - to make Vesta a even more attractive sale. Not that Cryptic would want extra money - just saying.

Last edited by levi3; 10-29-2012 at 10:04 AM.