Career Officer
# 31
10-30-2012, 08:38 AM
I live in a little town, called Clark in NJ that didn't lose power (fortunately). However, I have a friend up in Teaneck NJ whose house basically got obliterated due to falling trees. I hope all my other Omega XII fleetmates are safe and sound!
Career Officer
# 32
11-02-2012, 09:52 PM
We were better prepared for this, because of Irene.I live far enough inland to have avoided much of the devastation. I do feel for the people who reside on the coastline,many of their lives have been shattered again from this weather.
The deathtoll in my state was minimal this time, because of ordered evacuations.What upset me from Irene was that the death toll doubled afterwards.People ran generators in inclosed spaces, and gassed themselves in their sleep.At least people around here learned from that.
My thoughts and prayers for those who live in the coastal tri-state area, the ones who lost everything,the ones who died, and the ones who were caught in the backlash snowstorm from the stalled front . Their own misery and problems were under-acknowledged by the media.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Career Officer
# 33
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
I dont mean to drag this thread up again. But, to our vulnerable brothers, and sisters in the community who may be emotionally drained, and tired from the aftermath of this storm. IF anyone approaches you while you are cleaning up, or surveying the damage of your home, and tries to get personal information, and claim they are from FEMA.ITS A SCAM.
FEMA does not operate that way.You must contact FEMA personally.
They have already arrested a few scam artists in the Tri-state area, posing as FEMA agents.
I personally think it's sick to take advantage of people like that during the aftermath, but it exists. Be safe people, and I hope your lives return to normal soon.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!

Last edited by cptjhunter; 11-04-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Captain
# 34
11-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Stay well, my friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.