Career Officer
Federation Players may acquire a Rare Borg Bridge Officer, an Aenar Bridge Officer, a Klingon Bridge Officer, and a Caitian Bridge Officer.

Klingon Players may acquire a Rare Borg Bridge Officer and a Ferasan Bridge Officer.

Both Federation and Klingon Players may (via the Featured Episode Series) also acquire a Jem Hadar Bridge Officer, a Breen Bridge Officer and a Reman Bridge Officer. Am I missing any?

Anyway, I'm curious, but why are the Aenar, Caitian, Breen and Ferasan Bridge Officers Trade-able (via the exchange and mail) when the Borg Bridge Officer, Reman and Breen Bridge Officers are not?

Why are there restrictions on some, when there are not on others, and why is the purchasable Borg Bridge Officer only Rare rather than Very Rare?

That is all.

Edit: Just had a thought too, but the Romulan Bridge Officer's that will eventually be coming in season 7, are they likely to be character/account bound or will they be able to go through the exchange and mail system too?

Last edited by flash525; 10-29-2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Romulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans
Commander
# 2
10-29-2012, 04:30 AM
Aenar, Caitian, Borg (I think) and Ferasan Officers are tradeable because they come from the C-Store.

The others should not be because they are rewards, including the other Borg officer from Khitomer Accords.
Career Officer
# 3
10-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Aenar, Caitian, Borg (I think) and Ferasan Officers are tradeable because they come from the C-Store.
The Borg Bridge Officer (via the Store) in Candidate form is not trade-able. The others, are you've stated, are.

Quote:
The others should not be because they are rewards, including the other Borg officer from Khitomer Accords.
Then they'll need to rectify their error with the Breen Bridge Officer, cause he is currently trade-able.
Commander
# 4
10-29-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
The Borg Bridge Officer (via the Store) in Candidate form is not trade-able. The others, are you've stated, are.

Then they'll need to rectify their error with the Breen Bridge Officer, cause he is currently trade-able.
Perhaps it is because that Borg officer from the Store was also part of some pre-order bonuses? I doubt they would want you trading your bonus toys from pre-ordering the game. That's how I got mine. It's not really required as such now, what with F2P and all, but that is probably the reason why.

As for the Breen... This was the first bridge officer to come from an FE series. I'm not surprised there were mistakes made. It may also be because at first you could not get the Breen ship set from that series, so they needed some kind of "useful" reward for the rerun weekends.
Career Officer
# 5
10-29-2012, 06:02 AM
I don't mind the Breen being tradable, wouldn't mind the Jem'Hadar and Reman to be tradable too. At least that way, I'd get something out of an FE reward that I simply won't use.

(It just seems to me there's something fundamentally wrong with the current picture, where the best Boffs and Doffs both seem to belong to enemy factions. Between my ten Fed characters, I have one very rare Aenar doff, while my Klingon characters can each buy them right off their Marauding track and get another repeatedly from a Support assignment. As time goes on, Starfleet and the KDF both are gradually forming foreign legions to do their fighting for them.)

If someone wants to set up an all Jem'Hadar crew for his or her bugship, I'd gladly make a few EC off that.

Only the Borg bridge officer, being a C-store reclaimable thing, and even if it wasn't reclaimable after dismissal or sale it could be claimed on a new alt while still an ensign, has in my mind good reason to be bound to you.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 10-29-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
10-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Don't forget the Photonic!!

Also, some of these Officers you can fully customize (Aenar, C-Store Borg, Fearasan, Caitian), some you can only partially customize (Diplo Rewards) and you can really do nothing with (Reman, Jem Hadar, Breen, Photonic, KA Borg). Then there are those we are still waiting on (700-day Android variants).

I think it all boils down to not being mindful of what has been done in the past and well some laziness (the "good enough" approach).
  • Either make the mission reward BOFFs all tradeable or not - one ruleset
  • Allow customization of all BOFFs:
    • Allow players to set the uniform you want - it is just not very Star Fleet to have a hodge podge crew, there should be some traditional cultural elements that could be kept (a.k.a. Worf with his sash). We should be able to put a Reman in a Starfleet Uniform or a Breen in a specially built Starfleet Uniform.
    • Allow players to set physical characteristics - height and all the sliders albeit a limited set.
  • Fix the animations of the KA Borg Bridge Officer or allow us to "Unassimilate Him", heck even make it a mission with him as an input

Standardization of how BOFFs are handled is not only beneficial for the playerbase, but beneficial for further development. Too many deviations of the rulseset make a headache for both.
Career Officer
# 7
10-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
If someone wants to set up an all Jem'Hadar crew for his or her bugship, I'd gladly make a few EC off that.
Sorry to say, if you already have one commissioned, you cannot receive another candidate.
Commander
# 8
10-30-2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
Don't forget the Photonic!!

Also, some of these Officers you can fully customize (Aenar, C-Store Borg, Fearasan, Caitian), some you can only partially customize (Diplo Rewards) and you can really do nothing with (Reman, Jem Hadar, Breen, Photonic, KA Borg). Then there are those we are still waiting on (700-day Android variants).

I think it all boils down to not being mindful of what has been done in the past and well some laziness (the "good enough" approach).
  • Either make the mission reward BOFFs all tradeable or not - one ruleset
  • Allow customization of all BOFFs:
    • Allow players to set the uniform you want - it is just not very Star Fleet to have a hodge podge crew, there should be some traditional cultural elements that could be kept (a.k.a. Worf with his sash). We should be able to put a Reman in a Starfleet Uniform or a Breen in a specially built Starfleet Uniform.
    • Allow players to set physical characteristics - height and all the sliders albeit a limited set.
  • Fix the animations of the KA Borg Bridge Officer or allow us to "Unassimilate Him", heck even make it a mission with him as an input

Standardization of how BOFFs are handled is not only beneficial for the playerbase, but beneficial for further development. Too many deviations of the rulseset make a headache for both.
If anything, make him less annorexic looking.

And I agree to the rest, I like to have a "uniform" looking crew (pun. completely. intended.). As it stands the borg (KA), breen, reman, and photonics just look too out of place.
Career Officer
# 9
10-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Perhaps it is because that Borg officer from the Store was also part of some pre-order bonuses? I doubt they would want you trading your bonus toys from pre-ordering the game.
Actually, this depends. When you purchase this specific Boff, it comes in a crate; the crate is trade-able, yet when you unbox the crate and the Boff is in candidate form, it is then that this is un-tradable, though it doesn't actually specific this anywhere. It's not until you've unboxed it that you find out.

Quote:
As for the Breen... This was the first bridge officer to come from an FE series. I'm not surprised there were mistakes made.
They've got the power to rectify their mistakes, yet they've chosen not too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
[list][*]Either make the mission reward BOFFs all tradeable or not - one ruleset[*]Allow customization of all BOFFs:
I am in agreement with all that is posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Sorry to say, if you already have one commissioned, you cannot receive another candidate.
I think that's the point hrisvalar was trying to make. We can't have more than one Jem Hadar Boff, but we should be allowed. They've given us a Jem Hadar ship to play with, least they could have done is provide us with multiple Jem Hadar Boff's, and maybe a Vorta as your Officer of choice. Then again, such should have always been restricted to a Cardassian faction; one of which we're never going to get.