Career Officer
# 71
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Very cool cannon creature inclusion. Hope to see more iconic creatures debuts as cannon fodder. That's all I ever wanted: "star trek shooting gallery online"
Survivor of Romulus
# 72
10-30-2012, 03:41 AM
[quote=amosov78;6312281]
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleta63 View Post

How dare you! Don't you know that humans are "teh awesomest" beings in the universe! Star Trek says so...repeatedly.
Wouldn't that be the Vulcans?
Commander
# 73
10-30-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Nicely timed blog with Halloween in only a few days. A shame we won't get to really play it until later on. I think the mission looks fun. I like the homage to The Man Trap. Even if this isn't a story mission, IMO, treat it like one anyway. Call it The Mine Trap to bring it home.
I agree with this. Rename it The Mine Trap

It looks liek fun, and my guess is the Rombies are in fact Copper Vampires.
Lieutenant
# 74
10-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Actually, I was answering Jexsam. Maybe you noticed how I quoted him in my post?
Yes, I saw that. You were replying to his post, and I was replying to your post. You didnt think that your post was somehow the end of the conversation that no one else could reply to did you? If so, welcome to the internet
Captain
# 75
10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
LOL, ZOMBIES ?
Thats the best they can come up with ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Great. Salt zombies. In space.
"The Man Trap" was a very interesting episode. As a matter of science-fiction movie fact, the salt creature design was inspired by H.G. Wells' Morlocks from "The Time Machine".

I am a little surprised to find "Star Trek" fans who do not know about "Star Trek" and science fiction history.

I bet you don't know how "Transformers: The Movie" (1986) is connected to "War of the Worlds" (1938) and "Star Trek" (1960s).

Last edited by linyive; 10-30-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Captain
# 76
10-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
"The Man Trap" was a very interesting episode. As a matter of science-fiction movie fact, the salt creature design was inspired by H.G. Wells' Morlocks from "The Time Machine".

I am a little surprised to find "Star Trek" fans who do not know about "Star Trek" and science fiction history.

I bet you don't know how "Transformers: The Movie" (1986) is connected to "War of the Worlds" (1938) and "Star Trek" (1960s).
Sorry, I expected something a bit more than resurrecting 'campy' creatures like vampires and zombies. At least Morlocks were outright cannibals (farming humanoids for food), a bit different than creatures wandering the universe and removing nutrients/organs from chance encounters with other creatures.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 77
10-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Sorry, I expected something a bit more than resurrecting 'campy' creatures like vampires and zombies. At least Morlocks were outright cannibals (farming humanoids for food), a bit different than creatures wandering the universe and removing nutrients/organs from chance encounters with other creatures.
*shrugs*

Where is your imagination? "Star Trek" is all about going beyond the limitations of humanity. Many of "Star Trek's" episodes cover talking dogs, fish, cats, lizards, etc... What is the difference between a floating jelly fish and a floating Abraham Lincoln?

*shrugs*

Science-fiction begins with science facts, and then it stretches them into new realms of 'possibilities'.

If you watch science-fiction movies created prior to 2000s, you will find that writers had a better grasp on experimenting with new ideas. Current Hollywood is afraid to do new things, so they are stuck on remakes and reboots.

Cryptic is bringing in those neat concepts, which belonged to "Star Trek" history. As long as they keep them true to form, I have absolutely no problem with the species being added.

Last edited by linyive; 10-30-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Captain
# 78
10-30-2012, 09:56 AM
It's a nifty little nod to Trek nerds, and I approve.

I think a few people here need to take off their "I'm an elite, discerning gamer because I bash everything" beer goggles and appreciate things for what they are.
Captain
# 79
10-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Time to enlist Abraham Lincoln- vampire hunter into the Federation, eh ?

...But since these creatures are original Trek canon I'll remove my objection to them. I'm still laughing at them tho.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-30-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Captain
# 80
10-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Time to enlist Abraham Lincoln- vampire hunter into the Federation, eh ?

...But since these creatures are original Trek canon I'll remove my objection to them. I'm still laughing at them tho.
Yeah, I agree that some concepts are cheesy.