Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Borg Adaptation
10-29-2012, 04:58 PM
I dont know about you, but I find it fun/exicting . What if "Space" borg could adapt? Your thoughts please ..?

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!

Last edited by jumpingjs; 10-29-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Someone said something good ...
Career Officer
# 2
10-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Would make it interesting and I have talked about this with a few friends a while back.. but need to bring reviving to space before that can be applied; also this will give a bigger impact on using [borg] modded weapons as that could be a auto remodualtion weapon with maybe for those that don't have them yet a short burst remod ability just above the tray when in a borg encounter (able to be binded to a key ofc for speed of access).
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
I dont know about you, but I find it fun . What if "Space" borg could adapt? Your thoughts please ..?
If you could explain to me what exactly is 'fun' about pressing a button every few seconds (as it works on the ground) I would be interested.

To be frank I do not find needless inhibition 'fun' and anything that is a mere distraction from the main gameplay (on the ground it is not fun, it form over function) is totally pointless.

I do not feel the borg on the ground or in space need some silly button you need to press every couple of seconds 'fun' (nor the idea they will no doubt think off to exploit in the c-store to get around it for a small sum)

So please expand upon your idea by all means but if its just going to be a hindrance (as it is on the ground), no thank you very much.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-29-2012, 05:42 PM
I am shooting one moment , and I feel on ho they adapted and it makes it exicting
Anyway it is more Trek like

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
I am shooting one moment , and I feel on ho they adapted and it makes it exicting
Anyway it is more Trek like
So you are shooting one moment then they adapt and you press a button and you get excited. Please feel free to press a random button on your keyboard every few seconds if this is the case, but dont impose it on us, who have already had enough of this rubish on the ground borg scenarios.
Captain
# 6
10-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Yeah the borg adaption echanich is just dumb as hell groundside. It tottally destroyes severla otherwise good weapons as viable anything choices, not to mention all the other aggro it causes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-30-2012, 12:09 PM
This is why those elite fleet weapons, shields, and armor are a bit pointless. Once you loose that 3 piece bonus from the maco your back to the old remodulator and yeah thats no fun. So no one is really going to use the fleet stuff, (at least not in the STFs). Please just go back to the nodes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-30-2012, 12:12 PM
There is 1 good thing from ground encounters with the Borg and that's assimilation. Wouldn't it be cool if when you're killed by the space borg there'd be a 20% chance of your ship now controlled by the Borg until it's killed?
Career Officer
# 9
10-30-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure it would bring anything to space combat as it currently stands. However, if the combat system was to radically change, such that the actual 'strike and hit' exchange was a much slower affair, then you would have time to insert minigames and the likes to adjust weapon frequencies and organize boarding action DOFF assignments... ^^
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 10
10-30-2012, 12:59 PM
I like it too. It adds to the challenge, and it forces you to plan your shots accordingly. Ground combat is better when you have to 'reload', it adds a whole 'nother level to the gameplay.

I was in a starbase incursion the other day, and the enemy was Borg, I was actually excited to arm my remodulator and go at them.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist