Starfleet Veteran
# 21
10-30-2012, 05:17 AM
I think the biggest reason for many complaints is the lack of new mission content. There's new ships but nothing new to do with them. If Cryptic hadn't had to rush out a game to maintain the Star Trek license they could have took their time and done what they wanted. Without the license they could create as much content as they want without CBS standing over their shoulders. It wouldn't have had the Star Trek hook but it could have been a hell of a game.

If you're new then there's still a lot of the existing content to go through. All that can be played without spending any money. Once that's done you'll want a continuation of the story and more ways to experience the awesome and fun space combat engine. That's why I still play, because the space combat remains fun.
Lieutenant
# 22
10-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
Hardcore lurker here. Only reason I bother to check the threads here is to get my daily laugh about someone who has decided to make their entire life revolve around this game and then complain loudly in public when the rest of the Human race ignores how very important the complainer is.

"Buh...Buh...Buh you din't lissen to me about Star Trek and how I said it is supposed to be! I'm important! I haven't just been here since the beta, I made the computer they used to design the game! Not only that, I am the world's foremost self anointed expert on all things Star Trek and MMO! An if you don't lissen to me, then all I can say is - You're mean! I don't like you! I'm gonna go tell on you to the mods! You'll be in trouble! Nyah! Nyah! Nyah!"

Honestly? I sometimes laugh all day long at some of the incredibly stupid stuff people post. Some of it is professional grade. So no, OP, you're not whining about whiners. Regardless of what trolls may say. You're simply stating out loud in public what most of us are thinking anyway and very few of us have the backbone to admit to in front of reliable witnesses.
Not only is the OP whining about whiners, but so are you. The fact that you are in "whiner denial" just makes it that much funnier

Last edited by l3dz3p85; 10-30-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
10-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3dz3p85 View Post
Not only is the OP whining about whiners, but so are you. The fact that you are in "whiner denial" just makes it that much funnier
Wouldn't this make you whining about whining about whining
Lieutenant
# 24
10-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
Wouldn't this make you whining about whining about whining
Sure, just as much as it makes you whining about my whining. The difference is neither you nor I am denying it like thunderfoot. He's in "whiner denial", which is even funnier than your typical "whining about whining"
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
10-30-2012, 08:46 AM
This community is no worse than any of the other MMO communities. Read any Guild Wars 2, Rift, LOTRO, WoW etc, forum and you'll find the same stuff. SWTOR forums actually seem worse.

It's an entirely predictable pattern.
Person A whines about change X or feature Y--->Person B defends said change or feature--->Person C attacks Person B for being a "fanboi"--->Person B attacks Person C and Person A for being "haters"--->Person D complains about nasty community--->Person D attacked for "whining about whining."

Did I miss anything?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lieutenant
# 26
10-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
This community is no worse than any of the other MMO communities. Read any Guild Wars 2, Rift, LOTRO, WoW etc, forum and you'll find the same stuff. SWTOR forums actually seem worse.

It's an entirely predictable pattern.
Person A whines about change X or feature Y--->Person B defends said change or feature--->Person C attacks Person B for being a "fanboi"--->Person B attacks Person C and Person A for being "haters"--->Person D complains about nasty community--->Person D attacked for "whining about whining."

Did I miss anything?
Person E attempts some armchair psychiatry as they summarize the behavior of the community, Person F points this out, Person G tries to be clever and attack Person F but fails miserably

Last edited by l3dz3p85; 10-30-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Person E attempts some armchair psychiatry as they summarize the behavior of the community, Person F points this out, Person G tries to be clever and attack Person G but fails miserably
lol you have Person G attacking himself... which certainly could happen.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 28
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Person E attempts some armchair psychiatry as they summarize the behavior of the community, Person F points this out, Person G tries to be clever and attack Person G but fails miserably
So... you would be person g?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 29
10-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
lol you have Person G attacking himself... which certainly could happen.
Touche! Keep up the armchair psychiatry and you'll have this all figured out eventually

Last edited by l3dz3p85; 10-30-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Captain
# 30
10-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodiabolic View Post
I have never encountered a community that whines as much as this one does...

... As a guy that's never done the MMO thing beforees...
I played games since 1986 and I am probably the rookie amongst these people here, when you played 15 mmo's and clocked 1000 days in this game we can talk again