Captain
According to Tribble, Cryptic's intended 'update' to the PvE queues will remove the ability for players to see how many users are queued for that event, and thus a player, limited to three queues at a time, may well queue for events that have no players waiting and wait for hours when there happens to be four out of five players waiting one event down that he had no way of knowing were there.

While I can conceive of Cryptic's possible justification for this change (probably something like 'people only queue for events with people in them, so some events are never run'... this isn't going to fix that. It's just going to punish users.
Captain
# 2
10-30-2012, 03:23 AM
I hope the same thing won't happen for pvp queues.......
Republic Veteran
# 3
10-30-2012, 05:57 AM
Everyone I know who has checked Tribble also complained about no more numbers.

We all like the numbers.

Hail the return of the queue numbers.
Career Officer
# 4
10-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Have to admit that this does seem like a step backward.

Though I do see the logic in the Dev's trying to get us to play instances that we perhaps wouldn't usually, I am far more liable to join a queue for KSE (for example) over ISE if the queue for KSE is four and the queue for ISE is one.

To be honest, it's arguable whether they can even be considered 'queues' anymore. Definition of queue: " A line or sequence of people or vehicles awaiting their turn to be attended to or to proceed". Since we don't know if there is anyone else waiting, calling it a queue is somewhat inaccurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 10-30-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
people only queue for events with people in them, so some events are never run
If this is their justification, this won't fix it, and might well make it worse.

There's some events that are never run, but there's reasons. "Nobody in the queue" is only a contributing factor, there's already reasons why there's nobody in the queue.

1. The rewards are junk (most ground FAs)
2. The time contribution is excessive compared to events with similar rewards (most ground FAs and STFs, fleet defense)
3. The mechanics are unforgiving, unclear, and/or too many players just don't know what they're doing (Gelki feeding ground, Crystalline Entity, anything involving Borg on the ground).
Lieutenant
# 6
10-30-2012, 07:17 AM
I think this is a brilliant change on Cryptic's part. The less information players have the better the game becomes. People won't flock to the "busy" missions but will spread out to the more unpopular, but no less brilliant, events. This is social engineering at it's finest.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-30-2012, 07:38 AM
This seems like a comparatively minor issue compared to some of the larger things that S7 intends to bring with it, wouldn't you agree? We all know that STFs/FFA/NWS/SFD are the fun missions to run, whilst Gorn Minefield and Gelki fields are less-so. I don't envision that will change once people have played the new content and realized what's good and what's crap.
Captain
# 8
10-30-2012, 07:41 AM
LOL, everyone knows what STFs are easiest and always easy to get in, and they will queue for them anyway....just fail attempt. If the same is for pvp however, that is fail fail and FAIL. Many people just look where to queue so they get in match asap.
Career Officer
# 9
10-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by izdubar6 View Post
I think this is a brilliant change on Cryptic's part. The less information players have the better the game becomes. People won't flock to the "busy" missions but will spread out to the more unpopular, but no less brilliant, events. This is social engineering at it's finest.
I don't think it's all that "brilliant".

My online time is limited - I often only queue for content that I know doesn't usually take too long to complete. For example, I am more likely to do, say, ISE or Fleet Alert as, with a good team, the time in which the mission can be completed isn't prohibitive to playing that mission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 10-30-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Captain
# 10
10-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by izdubar6 View Post
Ya, brilliant. Ya don't know when to expect the mission to que so you'll go about your business and if you doing something else you can't afford to leave (like a mission replay or dilith farm mission) you click the decline button when the mission start box appears leaving the others in mission a player short.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?