Ensign
Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade my account to Gold; but Cryptics' system keeps rejecting my card (I've confirmed with my bank (about an hour ago) that this is the case); they thought it might be due to the fact that my card was never "activated" ( ) with VISA - so they activated it and said it should work; if it doesn't, then the problem is not with them (the bank). Obviously Cryptics' billing system does something differently because both TRION WORLDS (RIFT) and Blizzard were quite happy to "shut up and take my money".

Well, it didn't work - obviously, lol.

I'm just wondering if anyone who has had a similar issue managed a workaround or what what? Alternatively, is there another way of paying that I may have missed?

TIA,
Seb

Side Note: I did open a ticket with them, but I suspect it might take a while for them to get back to me considering their notification email said 3-4 business days ( ).
Career Officer
# 2
10-26-2012, 07:22 AM
It may not work for you, but I used Paypal for my transactions and after the first transaction where they verify your account info, all the other transactions are pretty much instantaneous. I've used a credit card once and it seemed to go through ok. If I remember right, it did take a few hours to process, though.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 3
10-26-2012, 07:27 AM
the account merger lsited my card as expired in 2010 thought its good til 13.. i gave up trying to merge and keep gold i miss the stipind some.. but get by just fine.
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
It may not work for you, but I used Paypal for my transactions and after the first transaction where they verify your account info, all the other transactions are pretty much instantaneous. I've used a credit card once and it seemed to go through ok. If I remember right, it did take a few hours to process, though.
This.

Before the Account Merger, I used Paypal to deal with everything STO--Subscription Fees (two rounds of 3-month followed by a Lifetime Subscription) AND Cryptic Point Purchases.

After the Account Merger, I stopped using Paypal for STO, because all I needed it for at that point was ZEN, and I found it a lot easier to simply buy those prepaid ZEN Cards that you can find in places like Target or GameStop.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"Close Air Support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
Ensign
# 5
10-31-2012, 09:43 PM
Update:

Problem solved. It would appear that my bank's system had automatically associated an incorrect postal code to my address.

So, if you are having registration issues: Make sure your address is 100% correct!!!

Thanks for your responses!