Captain
# 21
10-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Most of the payment processors listed in the article that is linked in the OP accept VISA (including PayPal and Skrill/Moneybookers).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Not gonna register for PayPal just so I can get your 15% bonus Zen. In fact, I don't plan on EVER buying a single item from Cryptic for real cash ever again. As long as the Dilithium Exchange is still functional, I have no need to buy Zen. Most of the stuff on C-Store is meaningless anyways.
Career Officer
# 22
10-30-2012, 05:59 PM
I hope this thread doesn't void us getting a dev blog today
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-30-2012, 06:39 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 10-30-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 24
10-30-2012, 06:40 PM
I would buy Zen if they would actually improve the game for once instead of using dev time for just more lockbox and Lobi crap.

Oh...and Bran_Flakes.....a handful of grind missions in Season 7 is not a 'TON' of new content.Your metrics are waaayy off.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-30-2012, 07:53 PM
you might want to consider extending this promo ( and the halloween stuff ) given the fact the game is currently utterly unplayable due to disconnects and extreme lag
Captain
# 26
10-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Not gonna register for PayPal just so I can get your 15% bonus Zen. In fact, I don't plan on EVER buying a single item from Cryptic for real cash ever again. As long as the Dilithium Exchange is still functional, I have no need to buy Zen. Most of the stuff on C-Store is meaningless anyways.
I want to pay for "Star Trek: Online", for as long as I am buying something with substance. If Cryptic is not going to deliver, I am not going to open my wallet. Season Five's featured episodes were extremely fun. Since I got something out of that experience, I felt the need to invest into the game. Even though I noticed the conundrums caused by season six, I still managed to drop a lot of money into zen. Once I noticed season seven brought on more conundrums, I realized that I needed to take a few steps back.

During my first year on "Star Trek: Online", I have stuck around for the good and bad moments. Yeah, I was also vocal about my concerns, and some elements of season seven fixes those issues. Although the reputation system is a great fix, the way they are treating veteran players is horrible. I earned my rewards from the Borg stfs, and I shouldn't be forced into choosing between two evils. I hope. I pray. I wish Cryptic will change their minds, and give the veteran players the conversion costs on day one. I don't want to earn those rewards over again, nor should anyone else have to be put into that situation. Its just plain evil on Cryptic's part.

Cryptic does have a chance to win me back over. I have paid for this game through credit cards and Perfect World cards. Even though I have never received a discount, I have always shut my mouth and pressed onward. Once I saw how Cryptic treats their veteran customers, I felt it was important to hold my wallet back.

Here is the thing... Even though this discount is a fantastic sales tactic, I just cannot buy anything until I see the finished product. I just need to know that Cryptic is listening, considering, and coming up with a logical compromise. As a result of two dumb conundrums hidden in season seven, my entire perspective of "Star Trek: Online" has been tainted.

"Star Trek: Online" is my first ever MMO. If I was given the chance to go back in time, I would still invest money into the system. Until the details of season seven were revealed, I would have continue to invest deep into the future. Now, everything has changed. My heart has changed.

We are at that moment folks. If you like what season seven has to offer, prior to seeing the actual product, I am sure you will continue to invest. However, if you want to entice Cryptic to change for the better, the moment to hold back is finally here. Fighting temptation is an uphill task. I know. I have been there. You just have to weather through the storm.

Cryptic should not be able to buy you off with a sale.

Cryptic should have to earn your investment and respect.

I love Cryptic. I really do.

I just want to know if they respect my loyalty.

Your loyal Zen consumer,
~ Linyive

Last edited by linyive; 10-30-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
A better question would be why buy Zen when nothing had hit the Zen Store for a while now ... oh, right ... Season 7 : Dilithium Sinks, Part 2.
This 100% THIS ! Everything is either lock box keys, respects and DILITHIUM.

And with season seven any hole in the game that didn't require dilithium is being plugged. No free doff assignments at the academy, Season 7 hits - they all cost dilithium, OR ZEN now.

Gotten rewards like encrypted data chips, rare borg tech drops ect. in STFs ? Soon, you will have to pay dilithium (and grind yourself silly) to even turn those "rewards" you've already EARNED in......

In the meantime, much anticipated costumes, (relativity uniforms) go straight to the lobi store, (for 200 lobi I might ad). (that's what 50 dollars ?......FOR A UNIFORM that used to sell for 250 or so Zen ?.........MADNESS

The thing that burns me is they are working REALLY HARD to sell me things I DON'T WANT instead of giving me the things I do want.....
The Ambassador class, still waiting,
the Vesta, still waiting,
the Andorian ship, still waiting,
New Klingon ships, still waiting.....

The reason for this? the ongoing earning potential for all these new dilithium sinks must be enormous...BIGGER perhaps than the revenue for C store ships....
So, priorities will be set accordingly...

Something NASTY just crossed my mind,.... Are some (all ?) of the a fore mentioned ships I listed, gonna end
up in the lobi store too? ! We have 50$ uniforms now, why not 200$ ships being the new norm now?

Forget about what the customers may want.... They are working on forcing you to buy what you don't want instead.
Sounds like FUN heh ?
PLEASE fix the Dauntless. See suggestion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how to make it too good (10/10)- if the LT tac was uni, it would probably be a 9/10, an extra LT eng or sci would have wonderful usefulness. this actually sorta, kinda, NEEDS to happen. 10/10 would make the LTC universal instead.

Last edited by vengefuldjinn; 10-30-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Captain
# 28
10-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengefuldjinn View Post
And with season seven any hole in the game that didn't require dilithium is being plugged. No free doff assignments at the academy, Season 7 hits - they all cost dilithium, OR ZEN now.
Can someone confirm this? Is this true?

Can someone from Cryptic confirm this?

Last edited by linyive; 10-30-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Career Officer
# 29
10-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Can someone confirm this? Is this true?

Can someone from Cryptic confirm this?
Here you go :

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=418461
PLEASE fix the Dauntless. See suggestion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how to make it too good (10/10)- if the LT tac was uni, it would probably be a 9/10, an extra LT eng or sci would have wonderful usefulness. this actually sorta, kinda, NEEDS to happen. 10/10 would make the LTC universal instead.
Captain
# 30
10-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengefuldjinn View Post
Thanks.

I am heading into Tribble to check this out.

--- EDIT ---

Since I buy the ones I use from Ferra, I am not too concerned with this change. However, I think buying 'random' duty officers for a set price is insane. We currently pay 10 dilith for common and 50 dilith for rares. If they setup the Personal Store similar to Ferra's store, allowing you to choose specific types of duty officers, I would not have too much of a problem. As long as the prices are rather low, I can see this as a good substitute for using the exchange. On the flip side, the prices in the exchange will skyrocket; thus, people will just quit playing "STO" altogether.

Is that their goal?

I hope Cryptic explains this particular change.

Last edited by linyive; 10-30-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Closed Thread