Career Officer
# 31
10-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Cryptic should not be able to buy you off with a sale.

Cryptic should have to earn your investment and respect.

I love Cryptic. I really do.

I just want to know if they respect my loyalty.

Your loyal Zen consumer,
~ Linyive

The Zen Promotion is from PWE... not Cryptic
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 32
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Thanks.

I am heading into Tribble to check this out.

--- EDIT ---

Since I buy the ones I use from Ferra, I am not too concerned with this change. However, I think buying 'random' duty officers for a set price is insane. We currently pay 10 dilith for common and 50 dilith for rares. If they setup the Personal Store similar to Ferra's store, allowing you to choose specific types of duty officers, I would not have too much of a problem. As long as the prices are rather low, I can see this as a good substitute for using the exchange. On the flip side, the prices in the exchange will skyrocket; thus, people will just quit playing "STO" altogether.

Is that their goal?

I hope Cryptic explains this particular change.
See the thing that worries me, is My small fleet is having trouble grinding everything it needs for our starbase, in addition to their personal character's need to enjoy some of the benefits of said starbase, (provisions).

Now with MORE things costing dilithium, (the reputation system), now we have multiple things all requiring the same things... How can the average casual player enjoy season seven's new content ? Let alone enjoy the results of their grinding ?

UNLESS they start buying Zen and converting it to dilithium?
But with dilithium costs being reduced in STFs.... isn't dilithium gonna start increasing in value thus requiring MORE Zen ? All I can feel is the screws being turned......

I play and hour here, an hour there and as a lifetime member, I have more than a few characters. I can't help but think, more and more NEW CONTENT is gonna be locked behind huge grinds AND DILITHIUM costs....
That just doesn't sound fun at all to me.

What's worse, up till now, I've been able to purchase C Store items I might enjoy playing with.... Zen to be converted to dilithium NOT being one of them.....
I haven't gotten a raise recently....In fact my company's been cutting back.

I'm just afraid, my enjoyment of the game is going to start to suffer more and more and that upsets me. Sorry, but it does.
New Rule: Please refrain from naming your starships after reproductive acts, or bodyparts. Nothing says I'm still a virgin more.

Last edited by vengefuldjinn; 10-30-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Captain
# 33
10-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengefuldjinn View Post
See the thing that worries me, is My small fleet is having trouble grinding everything it needs for our starbase, in addition to their personal character's need to enjoy some of the benefits of said starbase, (provisions).
I know your pain. Our fleet is having a similar issue. We are currently twenty members strong, and we burn through energy credits, duty officers, dilithium, and zen like crazy. I am afraid that this will completely destroy our fleet. We are too busy buying stuff for fleetbase construction, and we haven't had the chance to buy anything for fun.

I think the fun has been completely drained from "Star Trek: Online".

I can no longer see any real reason to build a fleetbase or embassy, nor do I see any real reason to play through the reputation system. I am afraid our options are now limited.

If this stuff goes into affect, I will have to bring all construction to a halt.

Last edited by linyive; 10-30-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
10-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
I know your pain. Our fleet is having a similar issue. We are currently twenty members strong, and we burn through energy credits, duty officers, dilithium, and zen like crazy. I am afraid that this will completely destroy our fleet. We are too busy buying stuff for fleetbase construction, and we haven't had the chance to buy anything else.
Well, you could just reduce the speed of progress, and buy stuff for your characters first, spending only what you have in extra spares for the base.

Same about the reputation system. One does not absolutely have to to it. The bonus gear and abilities are nice, but in no way obligatory, not even for PvP. In my humble opinion, at least.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Captain
# 35
10-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Well, you could just reduce the speed of progress, and buy stuff for your characters first, spending only what you have in extra spares for the base.
We are just hitting the start of Tier two, and we are barley moving with three cylinders. Since most of "STO's" players belong to fleets, the ability to recruit new members has been very difficult. I am not sure if we can survive through this type of change. I just sent out a fleet wide email for feedback. Maybe someone will have a solution.

We can fallback onto the fleet duty officers. I don't know. It is one option.

I am now worried that Cryptic will also change how the fleet duty officers are purchased.

"Star Trek: Online" might have become too expensive to play.

Last edited by linyive; 10-31-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Captain
# 36
10-31-2012, 12:35 AM
another holiday, another sale. I am starting to see a pattern here. I will make sure I wont buy anything utnil christmas, so I can buy zen at the sale then
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
10-31-2012, 03:05 AM
This will sound odd. But i miss subbing.

$15 per month was no big deal and if
1000zen was thrown in and a few keys
that would be sweet

How about a gold key that comes that improves the odds
on the box it opens? Subbed accounts only
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-31-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudez View Post
This will sound odd. But i miss subbing.

$15 per month was no big deal and if
1000zen was thrown in and a few keys
that would be sweet

How about a gold key that comes that improves the odds
on the box it opens? Subbed accounts only
Or a gold key that allows you to open 10 boxes, for example.
Career Officer
# 39
10-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Sincerely hope that some news pertaining to when the Vesta is sceduled to appear in the C-store will be forthcoming soon.

I'll buy the Zen necessary for the purchase (of the Vesta) whilst the sale is active, but I need to know how much the Vesta will cost (in zen) first.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
# 40
10-31-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengefuldjinn View Post

The Ambassador class, still waiting,
the Andorian ship, still waiting

Something NASTY just crossed my mind,.... Are some (all ?) of the a fore mentioned ships I listed, gonna endup in the lobi store too? ! We have 50$ uniforms now, why not 200$ ships being the new norm now?
So...after waiting nearly 3 years, the Ambassador Class will cost 25,825,875 Lobi??

I can imagine the Devs making ships like the Andorian an insanely HIGH Lobi price. That's the fast track to quickly killing off your player base.

{{Get your Romulan Warbirds}}....Come and get em'!...Our low Lobi price of 999,999,999 Lobi. Act now before this once in a lifetime offer runs out!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif

Last edited by paragon92518; 10-31-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Closed Thread