Captain
The Iconians strike hard at the remnants of the Romulan Star empire and for the first time move to destroy the secondary threat they see in the Alpha Quadrant: The Klingon empire.

In wake of these devastating attacks both the Romulans and the Klingons, facing total destruction do something they never imagined they would: join the United Federation of Planets.

Starting in Season 8 captains from all sides will have access to the ships of each of the other 2 factions as resources are scarce. Just as Kirk flew a BoP soon to will other Starfleet captains. Klingon Captain will also be able to fly Starfleet ships.

The war between the factions of the Alpha Quadrant is over - the War against the new United Federation of Planets has just begun.

New Benefits for all players:

Access to purchase cross-faction ships while still maintaining there original starting points and Characters.

Decreased wait time for former KDF players in the Q's as they are now part of the Federation.

Full access and travel to all sectors of the Galaxy

Mixing and matching of ship powers and consoles.

More ability to mix and match in the PvP Q's - new mixed matches, mixed Q's and teams - When you launch as team A - what ships will you be fighting in team B?? Better be ready!

Increased ship sales of former KDF ships and the launching of several new ones.

Plus much much more.

Let me be the first to welcome our Klingon and Romulan brothers and sisters to the stronger UFP!! The war is over - but the battle is just beginning!

Please Discuss. I see this as a definite winning stratagey for Cryptic.
Lieutenant
# 2
10-30-2012, 09:04 PM
So you think that max level Feds and KDF should be friends, but low level Feds and KDF should be enemies(since all of the low level missions are about them fighting each other)? No thanks, thats nonsense. Dan already said they are planning on doing a huge KDF content push in S8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
And in regards to new Klingon content, are you (Mr Stahl), ready to commit to a FULL leveling progression for Klingons in Season 8 (PVE episodic content) ? Like lostusthorn before me said, 1 mission a year does not constitute enough content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
This is one of the personal goals I set for myself when returning to the project and something that I'm still working towards. Season 8 is intended to get the KDF closer to this goal if not completely there.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11#post6249011

Last edited by l3dz3p85; 10-30-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Captain
# 3
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3dz3p85 View Post
So max level Feds would be allies with KDF players, while low level Feds would be enemies with KDF players(since they are still doing the missions where you fight the KDF)? Yeah, thats nonsense.
The war needs to end sometime. They could be wrapped into some historical holo-programs.

That's a big problem of this game the - it's moving forward in it's narative - but the orignial starting missions are stuck in it's 2010 launch - Cryptic needs to move the whole game forward.

Last edited by levi3; 10-30-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
10-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Yeah... I'll believe that only when I see it.
Joined August 2008
Lieutenant
# 5
10-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
That's a big problem of this game the - it's moving forward in it's narative - but the orignial starting missions are stuck in it's 2010 launch - Cryptic needs to move the whole game forward.
So you think they need to go back and completely redesign the first half of the game? Yeah, I'm sure that will only take a year or so.
Captain
# 6
10-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
Yeah... I'll believe that only when I see it.
Exactly.

Yes I know what Mr Stahl said about season 8 and the KDF - but that has been said for the last 3 years. It's Time they take a radical move forward. How many KDF will be around for Season 8?

This gives Cryptic a way out of it's never ending KDF conumdrem - how to give more content to a shrinking population with the least cost. The answer is for them to join the Federation.
Captain
# 7
10-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
So you think they need to go back and completely redesign the first half of the game? Yeah, I'm sure that will only take a year or so.
There are lots of possible work-arounds. New cadets will be in a Holo-deck until certain missions are completed is one idea. Already the new romulan sector is putting the exisiting Romulan story missions out-of date. The original Fed/kingon missions are really dated - and there are not a lot of them so a Holo re-creation is possible and plausible.
Lieutenant
# 8
10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
There are lots of possible work-arounds. New cadets will be in a Holo-deck until certain missions are completed is one idea.
"New cadets"? You get to Lt. Commander or Commander doing KDF-ish missions. Your saying people would be in the holodeck all that time? Also, your saying that Starfleet would have its officers waste time training to fight their allies instead of training to fight their current enemies like the Undine, Borg, Tholians and Iconians?

Last edited by l3dz3p85; 10-30-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Captain
# 9
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
"New cadets"? You get to Lt. Commander or Commander doing KDF-ish missions. Your saying people would be in the holodeck all that time?
Let's call them "New players" them.

I don't buy any of the story that Mr Stahl is selling about a Season 8 focas on the KDF - I fly my 3 primary KDF toons a few hours each day doffing. It's a ghost town out there in Klingon land compared to even 6 months ago. 20%? yeah right - more like 12% full-time kdf'rs.

The "Build-it and they will come" at this point is way to much of a financial and career gamble- Mr Stahl is a smart man - in the end I don't think he will take that gamble.
Lieutenant
# 10
10-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
The "Build-it and they will come" at this point is way to much of a financial and career gamble- Mr Stahl is a smart man - in the end I don't think he will take that gamble.
If you think he's "smarter" than doing what he told us he's planning on doing, do you think he's lying about the plans for Season 8?

Last edited by l3dz3p85; 10-30-2012 at 09:36 PM.