Captain
# 11
10-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3dz3p85 View Post
If you think he's "smarter" than doing what he told us he's planning on doing, do you think he's lying about the plans for Season 8?
He said it's a goal - things change - plans change. Finanical priorities change. He never said that fleshing out the KDF could not be inside the umbrela of the Federation.

By combining both the Klingons and the Romualns inside the UFP - Cryptic can kill 2 birds with 1 stone: make everything availible under 1 banner - players have more choice of what they can play and purchase. There are lots more ships to sell this way.
Lieutenant
# 12
10-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
He said it's a goal - thing change - plan's change. Finanical priorities change.
Yeah, no one is denying that. But you were talking about him being "smart", not about priorities changing. So if you think he's too "smart" to do what he told us he's planning on doing, are you saying he's lying?

Quote:
He never said that fleshing out the KDF could not be inside the umbrela of the Federation.
That may be true, but if you read the post he was directly replying to, you will see it was not about the KDF joining the Feds.

Last edited by l3dz3p85; 10-30-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Captain
# 13
10-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Yeah, no one is denying that. But you were talking about him being "smart", not about priorities changing. So if you think he's too "smart" to do what he told us he's planning on doing, are you saying he's lying?

If you read the post he was directly replying to, you will see it was not about the KDF joining the Feds.
Whatever you want to call it - what he does is differrent. In my opinion the KDF has long lost the critical mass needed to jsutify even thinking about building it and they will come. Personally I think the smartest business move is the one I have suggested.

How long have you been around? Mr Stahl has answered that very question over and over from the games launch - always my goal for next season - but that season never comes. If he is smart as I think he is - he will clean up this mess once and for all and make these three factions 1 - this also makes it 100% easier to lanuch a Romulan sub-faction accessible to both player types.
Lieutenant
# 14
10-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Whatever you want to call it - what he does is differrent.
Just to be clear, are you saying he's planning on doing something different than what he told us?
Captain
# 15
10-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Might be the only way for other factions to exist in the game. Have Romulan specific uniforms and off duty clothing, add Romulan ships, Romulan homeworld, some Romulan specific missions, Romulan specific assignments, Romulan Fleet Holdings, and the rest of the content for Romulans would be the same content that Feds get except for changes to the dialogue.
Empire Veteran
# 16
10-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
The Iconians strike hard at the remnants of the Romulan Star empire and for the first time move to destroy the secondary threat they see in the Alpha Quadrant: The Klingon empire.
That doesn't really make sense?
The Alpha Quadrant? The Iconians are worried about losing the Cardasians and Deferi the Klingons so they go after them?
Klingons reside in the Beta Quadrant. In fact a most of the game before end game is in the Beta Quadrant.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
# 17
10-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
That doesn't really make sense?
The Alpha Quadrant? The Iconians are worried about losing the Cardasians and Deferi the Klingons so they go after them?
Klingons reside in the Beta Quadrant. In fact a most of the game before end game is in the Beta Quadrant.
Well if you want to get technical about it most of Federation space is the Beta Quadrant - for some reason the shows/canon keeps the myth going that the Federation is the Alpha Quadrant - so I was just wording is as if it was being told from a Star Trek story perspective. Given the state of the KDF being weaker and it's history of siding with the Federation in times of great peril to the Alpha/Beta quadrants the Iconians might want to take them out first. It's just an idea - it could be the Borg attacking the klingons first as they did in the Destiny series books which Launch the New Vesta Class Starship.
Captain
# 18
10-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Just to be clear, are you saying he's planning on doing something different than what he told us?
I certain hope so - I don't see any future for the KDF as a stand-alone faction. Just made 3 trips on my KDF toons - 2 from DS9 to Qo'nos - 1 from Qo'nos to DS9. There were almost no KDF ships along the way - a few here and there.

Around the Qo'nos system about a dozen, in orbit of Qo'nos 6, in the First city there were only 2!! instances going 15 players and 18 players.

So yes I hope his "plans" change.

And now that my Klingon toons are doffed out I'm off to bed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-30-2012, 11:34 PM
People who want peace all around and all factions to join the Federation make me sick. Why? It would make for a extremely dual game. More then that it would make the game pointless.

In the immortal words of Kirk "Klingons do not take prisoners" Do I need to spell that out to you op lol. They do not surrender, they do not make peace with powers that betrayed them on more then one occasion. Even in next generation they show how, if the Enterprise C, had not saved a Klingon colony. The klingons would have been at war with the Federation despite the actions of Kirk and his crew.

Op talk about overkill on a topic. They already had a thread going over this same subject, it was in one of the other sub forums, and had well over 50 pages of posts. Join everyone together, and you can forget even calling this game Star Trek.

As for me ill be giving season 7 a try, maybe they will surprise me, that would be nice. If they ever do something like this ill not only uninstall the game, but ill destroy the copy of sto I have.
Career Officer
# 20
10-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Quote:
So you think that max level Feds and KDF should be friends, but low level Feds and KDF should be enemies(since all of the low level missions are about them fighting each other)? No thanks, thats nonsense. Dan already said they are planning on doing a huge KDF content push in S8:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11#post6249011
There are actually NO Fed missions outside of clusters where you fight the KDF. You fight a rogue group of Klingon criminals led by former ambassador (and the arbiter of succession who chose J'mpok) B'Vat, who has gone on the run and become an outlaw dealing in Temporal Cold War weapons that neither side likes. And when you finally defeat B'Vat, Klingons help you.

It's ONLY KDF side that you fight Feds. Fed-side, you never fight Klingons outside of time travel, outlaws, or a roving band of Tribble hunters. The war basically doesn't exist Fed-side past the opening cinematics outside of the lore dailies.