Survivor of Romulus
# 21
10-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Well, I'm still hoping for a sector war between the Feds and KDF. If the OPs suggestion becomes reality I'll be playing PvP just as much as I do now; not at all.

At least there is flavour between the two sides, by joining them (and a Romulan faction) together would be IMO so boring for the game as a whole.

I live in hope of a complete KDF faction. Instead of spending the devs man-hours undoing all their work up until now, why not spend that time actually completing the KDF?
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
10-31-2012, 02:17 AM
Well, the situation between the KDF and Starfleet is indeed a bit split-minded: Fighting each other, but cooperating whenever the Borg are involved... except in Ker'rat.

It would actually make sense for both sides to make peace at this point (with the Federation offering a blood test of all officials to identify the Undine infiltrators, provided the Klingons do the same), and making PvP what it is in FvF: Excercises. You could also rephrase the mission text in Ker'rat accordingly, to round everything up, as well as everything new that will come up.

(Ships not blowing up, but being disabled due to the simulation nature of the fight would be nice, too.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 23 Season 8 Happy Days!
10-31-2012, 02:17 AM
Coming soon to STO!

Season 8: Happy Days! The Ultimate Nightmare!

...and they all lived happily ever after!

Now gives us your money!
Commander
# 24
10-31-2012, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Whatever you want to call it - what he does is differrent. In my opinion the KDF has long lost the critical mass needed to jsutify even thinking about building it and they will come. Personally I think the smartest business move is the one I have suggested.
In my opinion the KDF had never the critical mass to even justify an seperate faction. AND Cryptic never had the manpower/money to make two separate factions.

Quote:
How long have you been around? Mr Stahl has answered that very question over and over from the games launch - always my goal for next season - but that season never comes. If he is smart as I think he is - he will clean up this mess once and for all and make these three factions 1 - this also makes it 100% easier to lanuch a Romulan sub-faction accessible to both player types.
A Romulan faction will ever come into the game. Or with only grind missions.

Btw Star Trek was always about the federation. They should come first. Their content should be the focus of the development team. If there is time and money left, well my Klingon char would like more skins for his ships or more story mission :-)
Captain
# 25
10-31-2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
There are actually NO Fed missions outside of clusters where you fight the KDF. You fight a rogue group of Klingon criminals led by former ambassador (and the arbiter of succession who chose J'mpok) B'Vat, who has gone on the run and become an outlaw dealing in Temporal Cold War weapons that neither side likes. And when you finally defeat B'Vat, Klingons help you.

It's ONLY KDF side that you fight Feds. Fed-side, you never fight Klingons outside of time travel, outlaws, or a roving band of Tribble hunters. The war basically doesn't exist Fed-side past the opening cinematics outside of the lore dailies.
This is true. So the needed changes would be fairly minimal. There is no real all-out war anyways it's just a manufactured fight to have some pvp elements.

In fact your first "missions" on the KDF side you are fighting another house that is working with the Romulans!!" So there are few changes that would need to be made to the KDF story arc as well.
Career Officer
# 26
10-31-2012, 04:58 AM
If the Iconians DO make a reappearance I, personally, would assume that the Borg would be seen as a bigger concern than the Klingons and they'd hopefully kick the Borg around.

But that's because I am SICK of the overused, overrated cliche that is the Borg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Empire Veteran
# 27
10-31-2012, 05:16 AM
You got that all wrong.
The KDf will conquer the Federation to rid you folks of the undine shape shifters that have infiltrated the highest order of federation command. After the great cleansing you are then allowed to continue your existence as vassals of the mighty Klingon Empire.
Of course resistance is encouraged ...

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Commander
# 28
10-31-2012, 05:52 AM
A reminder of what it is to be Klingon...

"Klingon Honor Guard Intro"

"il Troubadore - "yIjah, Qey' 'oH" (Klingon Victory Song)"

Quote:
The Iconians strike hard at the remnants of the Romulan Star empire and for the first time move to destroy the secondary threat they see in the Alpha Quadrant: The Klingon empire.

In wake of these devastating attacks both the Romulans and the Klingons, facing total destruction do something they never imagined they would: join the United Federation of Planets.
Kirk: "Don't believe them! Don't trust them!"

Spock: "They're dying."

Kirk: "Let them die."

Quote:
The war between the factions of the Alpha Quadrant is over - the War against the new United Federation of Planets has just begun.
Resulting in...

Example #1: Prune juice becomes the number one Klingon drink.

Example #2: Dancing Oppa Klingon Style (with the UFP people).

Example #3: Humans teaching Klingons to sing human song.

Example #4: Humans throwing Klingons surprise parties (with party poppers and smiles and presents).

Example #5: Klingon accuracy with a blade decreases and apologies for inflicting wounds.

Example #6: Klingon suggestions get DENIED again and again.

Example #7: Klingon frustration due to human interaction.

Example #8: Tactical delays (the list goes on, and on)...

Quote:
New Benefits for all players:

Access to purchase cross-faction ships while still maintaining there original starting points and Characters.

Decreased wait time for former KDF players in the Q's as they are now part of the Federation.

Full access and travel to all sectors of the Galaxy

Mixing and matching of ship powers and consoles.

More ability to mix and match in the PvP Q's - new mixed matches, mixed Q's and teams - When you launch as team A - what ships will you be fighting in team B?? Better be ready!

Increased ship sales of former KDF ships and the launching of several new ones.

Plus much much more.

Let me be the first to welcome our Klingon and Romulan brothers and sisters to the stronger UFP!! The war is over - but the battle is just beginning!

Please Discuss. I see this as a definite winning stratagey for Cryptic.
Evil Picard Plays His Flute...

...the following occurs in our Ten Forward Forum.

Season 9: The Love Boat

Ben Sisko responds...

Last edited by kalecto; 10-31-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 29
10-31-2012, 05:54 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
It's ONLY KDF side that you fight Feds. Fed-side, you never fight Klingons outside of time travel, outlaws, or a roving band of Tribble hunters. The war basically doesn't exist Fed-side past the opening cinematics outside of the lore dailies.
Quote:
Quote:
This is true.
As KDF player you only fight the feds once in a storyline mission, all the other noise about the war is just noise with no substance.
We have even less insight into the war than the fed do. If one does not read the Path to 2409, one may not even realize that a war exists.

Thats the issue with STO.
They never finished thier own original storylines before moving to the next idea and forcing cooperation at endgame between the two factions that are suppossed to be at odds with each other.

It would be nice if the travel up through the ranks in STO's storyline made sense when one reaches the endgame instead of the schizophrentic ideas we have now of Hate you-lets be friends-hate you-lets be friends BS that exists.

As the quote in my signature states the Game seems more about merchandizing than story content and fun.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 10-31-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 30
10-31-2012, 06:05 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by temp3rus View Post
Well, I'm still hoping for a sector war between the Feds and KDF. If the OPs suggestion becomes reality I'll be playing PvP just as much as I do now; not at all.

At least there is flavour between the two sides, by joining them (and a Romulan faction) together would be IMO so boring for the game as a whole.
I agree. One big boring UFP family. No differences in the factions anymore, just one big merchandizing target for Cryptic.

Quote:
I live in hope of a complete KDF faction. Instead of spending the devs man-hours undoing all their work up until now, why not spend that time actually completing the KDF?
Good question. Why should they suddenly rewrite the games story again for no reason?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.