Career Officer
# 1 Diplomatic Uniform
10-26-2012, 09:41 AM
how it should look
From the Movies
Admiral Variant

and what you gave us
Diplomats Uniform

just to say the least we need some changes.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Captain
# 2
10-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
how it should look
From the Movies
Admiral Variant

and what you gave us
Diplomats Uniform

just to say the least we need some changes.
This has been an issue for a long long time. I dont ever see it getting fixed... and believe me I would love it to be fixed.
Career Officer
# 3
10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I know it's been an issue since diplomacy existed, I'm just bringing it back up to their attention

Captain
# 4
10-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Can somebody point out the problem please.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Career Officer
# 5
10-27-2012, 02:43 PM
From the movies (unable to view admiral variant) and what we got looks the same to me. I'm not very nit-picky about these things, though. But I too would like to know what the problem is.
Career Officer
# 6
10-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Oh, wait, now I see. The communicator is above the trim instead of below.

Off with their heads!!!! Really? That is a problem?
Career Officer
# 7
10-27-2012, 03:28 PM
no, if you look close the shoulder piece in the game is to large, over drawn more like. combadge in wrong place, wrong rank used on uniforms as well. It also wouldn't hurt if they updated the graphical appearance on it as well like the did the other "series" uniforms.

Captain
# 8
10-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Oh, wait, now I see. The communicator is above the trim instead of below.

Off with their heads!!!! Really? That is a problem?

Yes. That is a problem. As well as the wrong rank pips. And the wrong colouring on the horizontal trim that goes around the shoulders (it should be locked to gold just like the vertical trim going up the front. The only coloured portion (other than the middle panel) should be the ring at the cuffs and the trim on top of the collar the neck.) As sell as the fact the the shoulder piece is much too big... and accounting for that the combadge may actually be in the right spot, because the shoulders she be almost exactly the same as the TNG film uniforms (which you can see in the in game pic provided by the OP)

So problems:

- Wrong rank types and location (should use same style as TNG film, and be on the collar, not chest.)
-Colouring options very wrong as well as locations coloured.
-Shoulder panels much too large.
-Possible wrong combadge location.

Now ThomastheCat says he believes that the uniform was inspired by the TNG Film Dress Uniforms, but was made to distinctly different... but I have to call bull on that...

This is almost the exact same uniform as the TNG film dress with some moved bits. Inspiration is akin to the Sierra 1 uniforms being similar but not exact to the Countdown comic uniforms.

Better pics of the TNG Film Dress:

Admiral variant: http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...rm%2C_2375.jpg

Captain: http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...rm%2C_2379.jpg

Officer (Commander and below): http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...rm%2C_2375.jpg

Possible enlisted (or Starfleet Band): http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...ss_uniform.jpg

Standard TNG Film for Comparison (and bonus Flag Officer Duty uniform): http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File..._the_Lines.jpg

And if they didnt want people drawing comparisons this exact between the two uniforms, then they should have been made completely different.

I asked @Cryptic_TtC on twitter to pass this topic on the the character guys. He said he would, but that these uniforms werent on anyones radar at the moment, and didnt know if or when they would be.

Last edited by amayakitsune; 10-28-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Captain
# 9
10-30-2012, 11:57 PM
I too would like to see more attention to detail, not just on these uniforms, but on ALL uniforms, as well as ALL facets of the game. "Good enough" seems to be Cryptic's mantra, and churning out more quantity, over high quality, seems to be their priority.

And those of us who complain about their apparent lack of attention to detail, complain that we are too nitpicky. I know atleast for my part, I won't buy a single canon uniform style or canon ship, unless it is properly detailed. "Game budget" in terms of polygons etc, is not enough of an excuse. The newer ships are of a far higher level of quality compared to the older ships in the game. I believe the same holds true for most newer uniforms compared to older styles.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
10-31-2012, 11:37 AM
You know that the Diplomacy Uniform in the game is supposed to look this. It's from 2409 not from the TNG/DS9 era. And yes i would like to see TNG/DS9 variant on the Diplomacy Uniform. But this uniform is just as it is need to be.