Career Officer
# 21
10-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I'd really like to see Star Trek's rights consolidated. Paramount having a say on whether CBS can explore a TV show reboot sickens me.
This would be the best thing that could ever happen to the IP. The main question is... Why would the IP be better off with as a whole? Personally, I would say CBS due to Paramount severely disappointing me by allowing J.J. to touch anything Star Trek ralated.
Captain
# 22
10-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post
I know if it means getting Trek back on TV, I am all for it.
Isn't that what fans said before Enterprise?

Marvel sold to Disney was whacky enough, ST to Disney is almost Incomprehensible.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 23
10-31-2012, 11:32 AM
If Disney could make Trek more like this. I say, let them have it! Then again, I'm sure the WB would treat the IP well.
Empire Veteran
# 24
10-31-2012, 12:47 PM
And we would get a reboot of "best of both worlds" where Picard has a love story with the borg queen. He would discover how wonderful she is, and that there is no reason to hate her.
Captain
# 25
10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
This would be the best thing that could ever happen to the IP. The main question is... Why would the IP be better off with as a whole? Personally, I would say CBS due to Paramount severely disappointing me by allowing J.J. to touch anything Star Trek ralated.
I agree with everything here. Having two bickering companies who never agree on anything is bad for any IP. With it under one banner we could finally take it new places! That, and whoever thought that J.J. would be a good addition to the Star Trek franchise needs to be removed from the gene pool for the sake of humanities future.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
10-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonfamily View Post
I think they should, get it out of the hands of CBS! After all we all know they are against Science Fiction shows after all look at their SyFy Channel its not Science Fiction anymore its Science Fantasy! I would like to see Star Trek go to Disney! I believe they can do a better job with the franchise!
Actually Universal owns the Syfy channel, along with NBC....
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post
Hi guys been a long time. But after this new news with Disney, it ot me thinking. With them Buying up different franchises like The Muppets, Marvel and now Lucusarts. Should the next one be the Star Trek franchise?

I don't know about you guys, but maybe this is the bigger shot in the arm we need too. Just saying. What do you think?
One word can solve everything here. NO. Now that this is settled here is my explanation why CBS does a great job at trying to keep things Cannon and in line with the original IP; where Disney will try to commercialize Star Trek for money and not keep its integrity.

Captain
# 28
10-31-2012, 06:12 PM
I guess the contention is how far we all agree on whether CBS is doing a "great job"...

That said, Disney's no slouch in making things turn out completely different...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Star Trek Franchise
11-01-2012, 06:49 AM
I highly doubt that Paramount would sell one of their crown jewels to Disney. If they did, I don't think Disney would do anything to change the Star Trek franchise at all. There would be rioting in the streets from all the Trekkies across the world.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliescot25 View Post
Paramount will never give up their Star Trek haha. Nice idea though
Yup, they would never give up that cash cow!