Lieutenant
# 1 Can't buy Zen
10-29-2012, 01:02 AM
I'm stationed in South Korea by the US military. In order for me to access the STO and PWE websites, I have to make use of a VPN program. The VPN works fine except when it comes to buying Zen. The PWE site demands that my address be from the US, so I have to connect my VPN. But when I try to checkout, the company they process payments through will not allow the use of the VPN. Rock and a hard place. What can I possibly do?
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Farm, Farm, Farm, Farm, Farmville.

Otherwise you're S.O.L.
Rihannsu
# 3
10-29-2012, 03:12 AM
you could try downloading steam and installing STO through steam then you should be able to use the steam wallet to purchase ZEN. From what i can tell steams services should be available in south korea.

you can even make a desktop shortcut to STO to start the game normally and only ever use steam for the zen purchases. A far simpler method than trying to navigate through the PWE website
-----------------------------------------------

HHMMMMMmmmmm, Pizza !!!!!
Career Officer
# 4
10-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Contact their billing department, I had an address situation as well not too long ago myself, PW fixed the issue in three-four days. Now I can make purchases hassel free.
Lieutenant
# 5
10-29-2012, 09:04 AM
That's another problem. I have tried to contact them, but every time I click on the link to do so, the browser can't load the page. Something about too many redirects.
Career Officer
# 6
10-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Do you have relatives in the states... or the UK?

You can have them buy a PWE card and put Zen on your account, then simply pay them back. Set up a direct deposit to a bank back home to a trusted family member. Deposits can be as little as $20usd to a Walmart pre-paid card....
Lieutenant
# 7
10-29-2012, 03:56 PM
The issue has just been resolved. Before, I was trying to pay for the Zen with my debit card. Just now though, I tried using my PayPal account and it worked. I wish I had known that before, but I guess it's FYI for anyone else who might have this problem.