Captain
# 21
11-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
I'm afraid I can't read minds. If you want to say something, you need to actually type it out.
Alright. Then let me rephrase what I stated earlier with full details.

The devs have said that each lockbox ship will be better than the last of it's class. Which is why the wells is naturally better than the orb weaver in many if not all things. And why the next lockbox cruiser will probably be able to beat out the galor and d'kora.

Better?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Commander
# 22
11-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Alright. Then let me rephrase what I stated earlier with full details.

The devs have said that each lockbox ship will be better than the last of it's class. Which is why the wells is naturally better than the orb weaver in many if not all things. And why the next lockbox cruiser will probably be able to beat out the galor and d'kora.

Better?
Well, can you find a quote for that? Because, as I presume you are deciding that the D'Kora and the Galor are both cruisers, and owning both, I find them fairly evenly matched (albeit quite different). I couldn't say one is decidedly better than the other.
Captain
# 23
11-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
Well, can you find a quote for that? Because, as I presume you are deciding that the D'Kora and the Galor are both cruisers, and owning both, I find them fairly evenly matched (albeit quite different). I couldn't say one is decidedly better than the other.
I never said the d'kora was better than the galor or vice versa. I also put them under the cruiser category because the galor is a cruiser, and the d'kora doesn't really match anything else other than the new destroyers. I simply said that any NEW lockbox cruisers will probably be better than both of those ships.

As for the quote, that would involve digging for several hours through blogs and forum posts, a few hours that I really would rather spend doing something else. But I am almost positive I read it somewhere (either in the blogs or on the forums).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
# 24
11-03-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
The devs have said that each lockbox ship will be better than the last of it's class.
I've never seen that quote either.

The closest I can think of are:

(i) The original statement way back outlining that lockbox ships are "intended to be rare" - because (Licensing Issues aside) they don't want half of Starfleet flying around in Ferengi Marauders or Cardassian Galors, etc.

(ii) Or this one from Jamz which was actually about a non-lockbox ship , and is a direct quote from a thread where he was disagreeing with someone who claimed that a new ship (Ambassador) should be equal to or more powerful than an old one (Oddysey).

(iii) or this blog

"In an effort to continually improve the value and fun factor of obtaining and opening a Lock Box, we?ve embraced this promotion as an opportunity to revamp the contents of these previously-retired boxes, using the valuable lessons we?ve learned over the past several months of iteration. That?s another way of saying that we?re making them better, more valuable, and more fun."

There have been several similar pushes to try to get us to think of Lockboxes as a worthwhile investment. The guaranteed Lobi Crystals and Duty Officer additions in the Tholian boxes went a long way towards getting rid of the "you never get anything good out of lockboxes" mentality. But this was to increase the perceived value/worth of the lockboxes themselves, not the ships inside them...

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]