Captain
Neverwinter is working on a system where rewards are based on time invested. Do you guys think this should be the system here - and remove the console clickers?

http://tavernugc.com/neverwinter-dev-post-round-up/

It seems likely a further rework of dilth rewards is now more possible then when I first asked this question before the new changes coming in season 7 were released.
Community Moderator
# 2
10-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Neverwinter is working on a system where rewards are based on time invested. Do you guys think this should be the system here - and remove the console clickers?

http://tavernugc.com/neverwinter-dev-post-round-up/

It seems likely a further rework of dilth rewards is now more possible then when I first asked this question before the new changes coming in season 7 were released.
The honest answer? I'm not sure. It's complicated, all the while there's been valid ways of getting Dilithium I'd have said no, but with Dilithium becoming harder to get a I kind of want to say screw it...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 3
10-31-2012, 11:30 AM
I think:

A) Wait until a better Foundry system is in place.

B) Reassign these rewards to the Fleet Starbase daily, which are aenemic by comparison.
Captain
# 4
10-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
The honest answer? I'm not sure. It's complicated, all the while there's been valid ways of getting Dilithium I'd have said no, but with Dilithium becoming harder to get a I kind of want to say screw it...
No!

This game will not be around for the 10 years my 2-person fleet would take to build up that fleet base. At least don't change it until I buy my Fleet Defiant.
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-31-2012, 11:32 AM
They should remove the daily, yes.
Only when you can add actual rewards to the game though.
Maybe only for the spotlight mission?
Career Officer
# 6
10-31-2012, 11:37 AM
I'll add, I think as a casual game, having a means of getting 1440-2000 dilithium per day in a matter of minutes per character is good.

This actually supports having alts and logging in daily for a bit of play. (Not unlike DCU's Funhouse daily.)

In general, I don't think dilithium should be time based in the sense that all time rewards it equally but should come in a big upfront chunk, with diminishing returns on more time played. And if you have that solidly in place, the refinement cap can go up or be eliminated.
Captain
# 7
10-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Some interesting ideas. Somehow I think some of neverwinter's system will migrate over to STO.
Career Officer
# 8
10-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Honestly, upon reflection and checking back up on some facebook games, I'd say this is what makes the most sense:

Everything awards ore.

Allow up to 500 refinement. 5 minute cooldown.

Add means of reducing the cooldown through accolades/commendation categories/etc.

Sell stacks of 10 items that refresh the cooldown for large amounts of EC and/or Fleet Marks. (There's bound to be a surplus of marks at some tiers.)
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-31-2012, 11:48 AM
I will bet that the Foundry "Officer Reports" missions are gone, or somehow nerfed at the launch of season 7.

Just my prediction..
Career Officer
# 10
10-31-2012, 11:52 AM
I'd add:

Maybe have dilithium refinement trigger a lower cooldown if activated from a contact on the ship interior.