Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 91
10-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Escorts with full aux power and running all ADHCs...

This helps Defiants who cloak and Armitage that need it for fighter churning. It would still be terrible in PVP as those things don't have [Acc]x3, so I think its alright. More ways to **** PVE is welcome, considering that there are so many rainbow nubs. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 797
# 92
10-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
branflakes just said you can use 3 aux cannons at once, and you can use them on other ships too. this ship couldn't be a worse addition to the game, its planets of the apes over at cryptic, theres no one sane left.
he then makes sure we all know that its all "subject to change"

why even bother lying like that?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 633
# 93
10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
from the dev blog

Multi-Mission Science Vessels come standard with a Mark XII Auxiliary Dual Heavy Phaser Cannon. This cannon is designed to utilize Auxiliary power instead of Weapon power.
Nowhere does that state they scale off Aux power. Don't state somthing you haven't confirmed. Right now there's nothing to suggest these will not be like the Quads. Drain engine, scale off weapons. Remeber the Quads engine power afect is touted as some great advantage when it''s nothing but a huge handicap. I'd bet on same for these.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,427
# 94
10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Assuming (and it's a big assumption) that they work based solely on aux, it'd probably be more efficient to run 2/3 ADHCs and one or two regular, since you'd get a massive damage buff from splitting the drain between two systems.

Oh my indeed!

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
# 95
10-31-2012, 07:46 PM
You know, this is not going to stop either. 1st time, OP little Bug, next - little time ships, now - 3 pc set bonus for an entirely Op Sci/destroyer ship.

And once you've spent that 50.00 bucks on this P2W ship, they'll be another, and another, and another. All will be "better" and more powerful than the last. (got to get you into that store) They will have spent your last $50 and they'll want more. That's the entire nature of P2W. Cryptic has dug their own grave (for STO PVP anyway) with this stuff. It's all about the store and "fluff" doesn't sell all that well. However, P2W sells just fine. I'm sad to say that BioWare will figure all this out also just the same as Cryptic did and I fully expect just as large a mess over there as well.

Basicly we might as well face it. This is a PVE game (if you can accept that). If not, then there are still options available that include a subscription and no P2W store with some others on the way.

/uninstall
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 16,350
# 96
10-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire1980 View Post
This is a PVE game (if you can accept that).
I've always had a hard time accepting that... given how little PvE there actually is. I mean, if not for the Foundry - outside of grinding STFs - this is basically a buy on Friday done Sunday night game when it comes to content.

With the addition of the S7 grinds - how much PvP's going down the tubes...

Well, while this is obviously not a PvP game - I can't really call it a PvE game...

...if I had to call it something, I'd likely go with: a chore.

Mommy: If you don't grind your Romulan Rep, we won't go to Disneyland.
Sonny: But I don't want to grind Romulan Rep anymore, it's boring.
Daddy: Don't argue with your mother.
Sonny: But...
Mommy: We both go to work each day to put food on the table, a roof over your head, and clothes on your back. The least you could do - is do your chores!
Sonny: But...
Daddy: Not one more word out of you. Go to your room, log into your STO account, and grind your damn Romulan Rep. I don't want to hear another peep out of you!
Sonny: Gee whiz...
Daddy: What was that?
Sonny: Nothing...
Mommy: Don't make your father get his belt...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
# 97
10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I've always had a hard time accepting that... given how little PvE there actually is. I mean, if not for the Foundry - outside of grinding STFs - this is basically a buy on Friday done Sunday night game when it comes to content.

With the addition of the S7 grinds - how much PvP's going down the tubes...

Well, while this is obviously not a PvP game - I can't really call it a PvE game...

...if I had to call it something, I'd likely go with: a chore.

Mommy: If you don't grind your Romulan Rep, we won't go to Disneyland.
Sonny: But I don't want to grind Romulan Rep anymore, it's boring.
Daddy: Don't argue with your mother.
Sonny: But...
Mommy: We both go to work each day to put food on the table, a roof over your head, and clothes on your back. The least you could do - is do your chores!
Sonny: But...
Daddy: Not one more word out of you. Go to your room, log into your STO account, and grind your damn Romulan Rep. I don't want to hear another peep out of you!
Sonny: Gee whiz...
Daddy: What was that?
Sonny: Nothing...
Mommy: Don't make your father get his belt...
Ok, ROFL (10 char)
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,845
# 98
10-31-2012, 08:42 PM
See my signature and it will all become clear............

Vesta...
There can only be one ... until the next one.
Experience by Pay2Win.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P

Last edited by bitemepwe; 10-31-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: And to think, I supported the Medical Use of "it" in California.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 99
10-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Another layer added to the ****cake.

A couple more and STO PVP will be so "Gecko'ed" that the work needed to make it worthwhile will be too much to warrent the work.

Further proof that Cryptic Studios has gone to the dogs and just doesent care for the games future. Until today i'd have rejected the idea of them cash grabbing before bailing to NWO. But this just smacks dumb****ery. A few more seasons to impliment a few more reputation systems to keep the cash flow up and we can wave goodbye to anything else implimented.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,512
# 100
10-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Nowhere does that state they scale off Aux power. Don't state somthing you haven't confirmed. Right now there's nothing to suggest these will not be like the Quads. Drain engine, scale off weapons. Remeber the Quads engine power afect is touted as some great advantage when it''s nothing but a huge handicap. I'd bet on same for these.
quad cannons take power from engines and weapons, these take power from aux instead of weapons. sounds different to me
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:59 PM.