Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 101
10-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Ya this is basicly the last big cash grab of "content" before the staff gets completely gutted.

As it is we all know they spend 90% of there time on NWO and possibly even what ever is coming after NWO. NWO launches early 2013... at that point STO "content" is done... we can expect a lockbox ship every 2-3 months and that is all. I mean season 7s new Grind Core Missions... are the first new content since March... 1-3 missions a year is a great output isn't it? lol

I guess we will see a few more copy and paste repeat till ya want to vomit missions with season 7... I would have to agree though this will likely be the last of any free added to the game "content" we can expect from Cryptic.

Good luck with NWO guys... I have not doubt the legions of Cryptic Fans will keep it profitable for years. lmao
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 102
10-31-2012, 09:41 PM
This is the funniest paragraph in the Vesta post:

Designing the Vesta?s capabilities was a bit of a challenge. We spent a lot of time researching its specs and reviewing the novels. It was important to us that fans of the ?Destiny? novels felt like they were commanding a Vesta class starship. But let?s face it; the Vesta is a technological marvel with every factory option known to Starfleet. It even has Intrepid-style landing gear! In game terms, the ship is a little over-powered. So the challenge was to bring to life as much detail as possible without breaking the game.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,652
# 103
10-31-2012, 09:41 PM
if it stops getting developed, they cant do more damage to pvp, good. just stop now, enough.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,730
# 104
10-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
See my signature and it will all become clear............

Vesta...
There can only be one ... until the next one.
Experience by Pay2Win.
Haha. What a card.

Yeah I had a nice chat with him in that one thread.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,625
# 105
10-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
This is the funniest paragraph in the Vesta post:

Designing the Vesta?s capabilities was a bit of a challenge. We spent a lot of time researching its specs and reviewing the novels. It was important to us that fans of the ?Destiny? novels felt like they were commanding a Vesta class starship. But let?s face it; the Vesta is a technological marvel with every factory option known to Starfleet. It even has Intrepid-style landing gear! In game terms, the ship is a little over-powered. So the challenge was to bring to life as much detail as possible without breaking the game.
Exactly... you read that and think, ah cool - they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before developing it!

Then as you read through the rest... you realize they stayed at an America's Best Value instead...
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 106
10-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Ya this is basicly the last big cash grab of "content" before the staff gets completely gutted.

As it is we all know they spend 90% of there time on NWO and possibly even what ever is coming after NWO. NWO launches early 2013... at that point STO "content" is done... we can expect a lockbox ship every 2-3 months and that is all. I mean season 7s new Grind Core Missions... are the first new content since March... 1-3 missions a year is a great output isn't it? lol

I guess we will see a few more copy and paste repeat till ya want to vomit missions with season 7... I would have to agree though this will likely be the last of any free added to the game "content" we can expect from Cryptic.

Good luck with NWO guys... I have not doubt the legions of Cryptic Fans will keep it profitable for years. lmao
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on these forums. STO is doing amazing and has a ton of support behind it, its team and its future from both Cryptic and PWE. STO and NW have their own dedicated teams, both of which are growing. I even spoke to a brand-new STO Content Designer just today that will be saying "hi" on the forums soon, and have met several other new Devs that have joined the team recently. The team is growing and will continue to do so.

First new content since March? Season 6 launched just over 3 months ago in July.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,652
# 107
10-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on these forums. STO is doing amazing and has a ton of support behind it, its team and its future from both Cryptic and PWE. STO and NW have their own dedicated teams, both of which are growing. I even spoke to a brand-new STO Content Designer just today that will be saying "hi" on the forums soon, and have met several other new Devs that have joined the team recently. The team is growing and will continue to do so.

First new content since March? Season 6 launched just over 3 months ago in July.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
bran, please tell your dev friends to try out pvp. we would be more then happy to show them exactly why releases like this are harmful to balance, they really don't seem to understand what they are doing to us, it even feels like they are doing this to spite us.

pvp'ers spend a lot of money on the game, please stop making us angry. let us show them were we are coming from. when there isnt overpowered spam ruining matches, the pvp in this game is the funnest thing there is period. i enjoy no gameing more then sto pvp, when its good. they seem to have no idea what they are sitting on, neglecting, and polluting with releases like the vesta.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 108
10-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
bran, please tell your dev friends to try out pvp. we would be more then happy to show them exactly why releases like this are harmful to balance, they really don't seem to understand what they are doing to us, it even feels like they are doing this to spite us.

pvp'ers spend a lot of money on the game, please stop making us angry. let us show them were we are coming from. when there isnt overpowered spam ruining matches, the pvp in this game is the funnest thing there is period. i enjoy no gameing more then sto pvp, when its good. they seem to have no idea what they are sitting on, neglecting, and polluting with releases like the vesta.
Agreed. Some of the more apocalyptically-oriented comments above were probably overstatements. But those aside, the new Vesta --while a beautiful ship in its own right and true to the novels--feels like it was done with utter disregard for the PvP community and for balance more generally. The problem is that this ship could have been done in such a way that it complimented PvP.

The multi-mission idea is so cool and has the potential to add nuance and new dimensions to PvP player, if done sensitively. But as it stands, the Vesta seems to have been built with little regard for the Pvp world.

Perhaps you could answer some questions for us:

- Was the Vesta tested in PvP scenarios? Was it tested by PvP vets or just random players?
- What were the results of the PvP tests on the Vesta (assuming they were done)?
- What kinds of conversations went on around the Cryptic table regarding balance?

This kind of transparency would probably help extinguish some fires.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus

Last edited by gradstudent1; 10-31-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,625
# 109
10-31-2012, 10:30 PM
It's funny thinking about it. I haven't got that adrenaline bounce in PvP like I do in STO since Shadowbane. EVE never did that. Heck, even UO didn't. Not AC, AO, WoW, WAR, RIFT, EQ, AA, etc, etc, etc...

...when there's a good clean match - legs start bouncing as the adrenaline starts pumping. Don't even notice it - stuck in a trance - fingers flying on the keyboard, mouse turning looking around the field of battle - and just lost in that beautiful dance that can be PvP in STO.

Don't need any napkins handy, but I'll usually go for a smoke after a good fight... win or lose - it's just that much fun - it's that good.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 110
10-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
bran, please tell your dev friends to try out pvp. we would be more then happy to show them exactly why releases like this are harmful to balance, they really don't seem to understand what they are doing to us, it even feels like they are doing this to spite us.

pvp'ers spend a lot of money on the game, please stop making us angry. let us show them were we are coming from. when there isnt overpowered spam ruining matches, the pvp in this game is the funnest thing there is period. i enjoy no gameing more then sto pvp, when its good. they seem to have no idea what they are sitting on, neglecting, and polluting with releases like the vesta.
We do But I'll pass along your message.

There is a group of PvPers that were invited for the focus testing of the Vesta and are already providing very constructive feedback. These are also PvPers that most of you all know and post in these forums often.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 AM.